Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 01:20 AM

936 posts, read 3,191,010 times

Advertisements

unbiased? please do explain to me how houston is on any top 5 list that has to do with significance? so houston has the medical center, oil, and nasa, and the medical center isn't even as big as the connecticut/boston or san diego biotech regions.

san francisco bay area (silicon valley), seattle (microsoft and boeing), boston (important research center, college hub), miami (taking off in international affairs beyond houston)... 4 cities that are significantly more important then houston! houston is disgusting and flat!! it's pretty much LA's evil midget twin! lets not forget philly's historical importance and atlanta is the south's media hub, also home of coca cola and cox communications!

Old 02-07-2008, 01:27 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,517,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCali4LifeSD View Post
unbiased? please do explain to me how houston is on any top 5 list that has to do with significance? so houston has the medical center, oil, and nasa, and the medical center isn't even as big as the connecticut/boston or san diego biotech regions.

san francisco bay area (silicon valley), seattle (microsoft and boeing), boston (important research center, college hub), miami (taking off in international affairs beyond houston)... 4 cities that are significantly more important then houston! houston is disgusting and flat!! it's pretty much LA's evil midget twin! lets not forget philly's historical importance and atlanta is the south's media hub, also home of coca cola and cox communications!
Sounds to me like someone is bitter that San Diego is irrelavent! Houston has the biggest port in the US, is the world leader in the energy industry, has the space center, is a world leader in the medical field etc. Houston is definately top 5 material. What is San Diego a world leader in? The number of losers doing coke on a overrated and polluted beach?

Old 02-07-2008, 01:43 AM

197 posts, read 261,669 times
Quote:

Man, this is what happens every time...

Old 02-07-2008, 06:13 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:

I'm not going to even explain because you seriously don't know much about Houston.

Old 02-07-2008, 06:23 AM

1,510 posts, read 5,067,466 times
My top 5:

1. New York City
2. Washington D.C.
3. San Francisco/San Jose
4. Los Angeles

Unsure of the 5th. Maybe Miami because of its international-ness.

Old 02-07-2008, 07:04 AM

2,138 posts, read 6,320,313 times
Dude seriously. It's always a Houstoner that starts these stupid threads about which city is the most "important". It's like saying "look at me, look at me!" Everyone here knows that Houston is a large city. They know that it has NASA, a medical center, and a big port. You guys don't have to keep bombarding us with these stupid "important" or "Houston vs." threads to sell us on your city.

Soon someone is going to post that little Gamma World Cities survey that a lot of Houstoners on here seem to have easily accessible in their back pockets. I don't think anyone cares about "importance" anyways. Outside of DC and NYC, there really isn't one city valued over the other!

Old 02-07-2008, 07:40 AM

2,904 posts, read 6,916,828 times
*sighs

This thread will be locked down within 24 hours.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:18 AM

3,520 posts, read 9,239,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Houston has the biggest port in the US.
Uh, no. Los Angeles/Long Beach is the biggest/busiest port in the U.S. (by far as a matter of fact), at least for container shipments (which tend to be higher value goods than other seaway shipments).

Old 02-07-2008, 09:46 AM

197 posts, read 261,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by south-to-west View Post
Dude seriously. It's always a Houstoner that starts these stupid threads about which city is the most "important". It's like saying "look at me, look at me!" Everyone here knows that Houston is a large city. They know that it has NASA, a medical center, and a big port. You guys don't have to keep bombarding us with these stupid "important" or "Houston vs." threads to sell us on your city.

Soon someone is going to post that little Gamma World Cities survey that a lot of Houstoners on here seem to have easily accessible in their back pockets. I don't think anyone cares about "importance" anyways. Outside of DC and NYC, there really isn't one city valued over the other!
Hahaha, you mean Houstonians.

Old 02-07-2008, 03:25 PM

2,114 posts, read 4,916,925 times
Boston
Cambridge
Lowell
Houston
Providence

Houston is sooooooooo important
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.