Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 01:38 AM

6,311 posts, read 6,810,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle4321 View Post
Seattle city is pretty white but once you leave the city the metro really isn't really white. I see black people everywhere I go in the metro area. Maybe not a ton of them but I will see a few everywhere I go. Hiking I like basically never see them. And most white people seem to prefere the forest, at least the ones I know.
Well this has to do with weather more than recreational activities. I'm not a hiker myself yet I live in an area surrounded by mountains, does that mean I don't prefer the area I live in?

Well, to be fair I already said that I don't like the heat here, but really all that question says is that I don't like hiking. I'm sure the minorities in Seattle love those cloudy and rainy days, but are not necessarily outdoorsy people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2016, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankdweller View Post
I like all types of climates.
You are one of a kind! I can name a couple that I don't like... And I think most people are like me too that way.

Old 07-24-2016, 09:35 AM

10,787 posts, read 8,755,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post

Do you think this is true for most people? That someone from say, mostly Egypt, would prefer a desert climate? That someone from Indonesia would prefer a tropical climate? And et cetera? Is it true for you?
Isn't there a thread about most Americans liking warm weather? A lot of them are probably European ethnically speaking.

In any case it's not true for me if you want to try and connect my African ethnicity to climates below the Sahara. I, personally, hate hot weather and always have since I was a child.

Old 07-24-2016, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessoftheCape View Post
This seems like it could really quickly devolve into a "and that's why you never see blacks in Maine!" type thread. Touchy subject to say the least.
There aren't a lot of people in Maine...period.

Old 07-24-2016, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle4321 View Post

Another weird thing is white people being liberals. Most white countries are relatively liberal, have legalize gay marriage, lots of freedoms, etc. And the countries are the way they are cause the people that are there. The most liberal counties are white countries. Hippies are like invented by white propel. White countries give the most in aid to other countries. White people seem to be relatively liberal and have a live and let live type mindset, maybe it's just those "evil" western ways. I'm saying to this to suggest that maybe genetics somehow does have a bigger part of you than just your body?
I'm generalizing here, but white people also get credited for creating right wing extremism, sometimes called fascism. You're not forgetting about that, right?

Old 07-24-2016, 10:02 AM

908 posts, read 1,118,894 times
I joke I'm a Dane-Swede, that's why I don't mind the cold. I won't go to bed with the cold, but I adapt.

I think adaptability is more important than ancestral heritage. A lot of people suck at adapting.

Old 07-24-2016, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
Isn't there a thread about most Americans liking warm weather? A lot of them are probably European ethnically speaking.

In any case it's not true for me if you want to try and connect my African ethnicity to climates below the Sahara. I, personally, hate hot weather and always have since I was a child.
Yeah and I was in that thread asking for someone to trade me, I've had it up to my ears in high heat and I'm straight up done with this nonsense.

Well sub-Saharan Africa is very climatically diverse, Africa's general position on our Earth doesn't put it favorably for cold climates but there are Mediterranean climates, humid tropical climates, and even cold desert climates in sub-Saharan Africa. Large variations between humid and dry with dry being the entire northern third and the southern tip, and more.

Old 08-05-2016, 09:01 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,455,143 times
Not necessarily. I have Spanish ancestry and I wanna head where its cold.

Old 10-03-2016, 04:35 PM

3,491 posts, read 6,972,549 times
Not me because my ancestors were from places like Germany and the British Isles as well as other parts of Europe and I prefer very hot weather.CD encourages updating old threads.

Old 10-03-2016, 08:48 PM

12,825 posts, read 9,547,378 times
I'm Chinese and hate the heat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.