Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 01:09 PM

5,002 posts, read 9,162,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
I like Mobile but I'd put New Orleans before it.
I've always wondered why Tampa is hardly ever mentioned amongst other Gulf Coast cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2017, 01:22 PM

37,882 posts, read 41,970,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
I've always wondered why Tampa is hardly ever mentioned amongst other Gulf Coast cities.
Is Tampa more like Houston and New Orleans or Orlando and Miami?

Old 06-13-2017, 01:59 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,451,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinytr View Post
Do you honestly believe this?
Yes, which is why I said it. Atlanta's exposure isnt "typical" exposure. Not many southern cities do you see celebrities just hanging out at the mall. That is not a "typical" thing to see. I didn't say other cities don't get exposure, but Atlanta is not a typical representative of southern living.

Old 06-13-2017, 02:11 PM

190 posts, read 212,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
And Atlanta is the only place in the south (except Miami) where you're gonna see a 400 foot condo tower next to low density residential homes. Try proposing this anywhere else in the south. There will be riots in the streets:
So, I guess, you are excluding Houston from the south.

Old 06-13-2017, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotophage View Post
So, I guess, you are excluding Houston from the south.
Im thinking southeast. Houston is not typical either. Is this thread about what cities represent typical living in that region, or did i take prototypical wrong and this is something else?

Old 06-13-2017, 02:37 PM

16,508 posts, read 26,319,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PortCity View Post
Because it's not quintessential Gulf Coast. I mean that's why I never include it. Plus there's a long stretch along the coast of no major population centers between the panhandle and Tampa.

Old 06-13-2017, 02:44 PM

190 posts, read 212,009 times
Quote:
Im thinking southeast. Houston is not typical either. Is this thread about what cities represent typical living in that region, or did i take prototypical wrong and this is something else?
Originally you said the American south. But yeah I wouldn't include Houston in the southeast or the "old" south. I think of prototypical as being on the vanguard -- the place where new concepts for the region originate as opposed to just typical or representative. Not sure what the OP intended.

Old 06-13-2017, 02:47 PM

10,110 posts, read 9,976,086 times
Quote:
Yes, which is why I said it. Atlanta's exposure isnt "typical" exposure. Not many southern cities do you see celebrities just hanging out at the mall. That is not a "typical" thing to see. I didn't say other cities don't get exposure, but Atlanta is not a typical representative of southern living.
Typically, there are 4 or 5 cities that you can catch celebrities out and about.
NYC
LA
MIA
ATLANTA
maybe Chicago

The south in general has gotten tons of exposure over the past 10 years with, but I think that Atlanta is the 2nd Hollywood.

Old 06-13-2017, 02:48 PM

307 posts, read 330,970 times
Quote:

So you really believe that Atlanta gets more exposure than Miami, especially worldwide?

Old 06-13-2017, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinytr View Post
So you really believe that Atlanta gets more exposure than Miami, especially worldwide?
I wasnt thinking about Miami, but it really doesnt matter because neither city is typical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.