Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 02:20 AM

23,222 posts, read 29,051,044 times

Advertisements

My first vote would go to Las Vegas. How about you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2019, 02:43 AM

10,075 posts, read 7,542,084 times
D.c

Old 02-12-2019, 04:01 AM

225 posts, read 211,536 times
NYC and DC must top this list. Perhaps LA as well.

Most large Northeastern cities, to a lesser extent.

Old 02-12-2019, 07:54 AM

12,841 posts, read 9,567,574 times
Do type As like other type As or do they want to be the only type A?

Old 02-12-2019, 08:02 AM

7,410 posts, read 6,553,115 times
I like other type A's.....when I say I will be some place at 7:30, I'm there at 7:20--not 8:15--and like the same from others...when I'm in line waiting for coffee, I want a Type A behind the cash register and a Type A in front of me in line who already has given thought to what they intend to order when they approach the cashier...when I'm at the gym I want some Type A working out who is there to actually workout instead of some millenial Type Zzzzz who is in their own world texting for 15 minutes in between sets...when I'm driving and have the right of way (green light) and see a pedestrian in the intersection who has disobeyed the "don't walk" traffic signal I want a Type A who will move his or he as* instead of not only being in the wrong but also lollygaging....when I am watching a Yankee game I want Gary Sanchez hustling after one of his many passed balls,....etc. etc. etc.

NYC is my vote for Type A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Do type As like other type As or do they want to be the only type A?

Last edited by elchevere; 02-12-2019 at 08:19 AM..

Old 02-12-2019, 08:39 AM

225 posts, read 211,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchevere View Post
I like other type A's.....when I say I will be some place at 7:30, I'm there at 7:20--not 8:15--and like the same from others...when I'm in line waiting for coffee, I want a Type A behind the cash register and a Type A in front of me in line who already has given thought to what they intend to order when they approach the cashier...when I'm at the gym I want some Type A working out who is there to actually workout instead of some millenial Type Zzzzz who is in their own world texting for 15 minutes in between sets...when I'm driving and have the right of way (green light) and see a pedestrian in the intersection who has disobeyed the "don't walk" traffic signal I want a Type A who will move his or he as* instead of not only being in the wrong but also lollygaging....when I am watching a Yankee game I want Gary Sanchez hustling after one of his many passed balls,....etc. etc. etc.

I love this post (besides the millenial part, I'm a millennial!). I agree; Type As appreciate Type A tendencies in others.

Old 02-12-2019, 08:55 AM

3,416 posts, read 2,457,910 times
Quote:
I like other type A's.....when I say I will be some place at 7:30, I'm there at 7:20--not 8:15--and like the same from others...when I'm in line waiting for coffee, I want a Type A behind the cash register and a Type A in front of me in line who already has given thought to what they intend to order when they approach the cashier...when I'm at the gym I want some Type A working out who is there to actually workout instead of some millenial Type Zzzzz who is in their own world texting for 15 minutes in between sets...when I'm driving and have the right of way (green light) and see a pedestrian in the intersection who has disobeyed the "don't walk" traffic signal I want a Type A who will move his or he as* instead of not only being in the wrong but also lollygaging.
Those aren’t Type A’s, just people raised the right way to think of others and not just themselves. The world’s biggest slacker can still have common courtesy towards others.

I know plenty of successful Type A’s that could give two sh*** about anyone’s time except their own, haven’t given any thought to what they want to order because they’re too busy on the phone, etc.

Old 02-12-2019, 09:21 AM

16,087 posts, read 10,753,057 times
Nowhere within a couple hundred miles of Albuquerque. They would go nuts and throw themselves under a bus...if it was running.

Old 02-12-2019, 09:34 AM

6,380 posts, read 5,002,937 times
NYC, DC, SF, San Jose, Chicago, Boston, maybe Seattle depending on your industry

Old 02-12-2019, 09:53 AM

481 posts, read 422,982 times
Quote:

I thought showing up early was the American norm. Where is it not?

And your gen can be just as slow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.