Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2022, 04:05 PM

2,657 posts, read 2,101,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
But your link includes mixed people and in the Black Alone case African immigrants. My argument is that the African American population from two African American people has declined or was fairly close in 2020. Your link doesn't disprove this at all. Your link arguably agrees with me.
what link?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2022, 04:45 PM

28,670 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGDlife View Post
I have over 200 parents that work for me. I don’t know of a single white parent who sends their kids to private of that group. The schools are overwhelming black because there’s a large black population and it’s not being captured accurately.
There are a whole lot of white people in the "flyover" states. Anecdotal observations of big city schools don't provide anywhere near the whole picture.

Old 02-25-2022, 06:49 PM

4,361 posts, read 7,076,154 times
I don't know where the OP lives, but I would like to say, the nation's black population has always been very unevenly distributed .

Throughout the rural midwest, rural far north and east, rural west, and rocky mountain states, the black population is really minimal. Maybe the OP hasn't spent time in those places.

In my long life of 70 years, I've always noticed that the black population SEEMS TO BE higher than it is. One reason is because black people own fewer motor vehicles per household (Correct me if I'm wrong). So they are often seen walking along the road, or out loitering waiting for busses or rides. They're more likely to be seen at bus and train stations. They also are more likely to work in busy places like Fast-food service, where they're highly visible to the public, instead of in offices.

Also, since the American white population is Older on average, they're more likely to stay inside their inviting, comfortable homes, and when out, to be inside motor vehicles. This means they're less visibly out in public than are blacks. Anyway that's my theory.

Last edited by slowlane3; 02-25-2022 at 07:20 PM..

Old 02-25-2022, 08:34 PM

93,342 posts, read 123,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlane3 View Post
I don't know where the OP lives, but I would like to say, the nation's black population has always been very unevenly distributed .

Throughout the rural midwest, rural far north and east, rural west, and rocky mountain states, the black population is really minimal. Maybe the OP hasn't spent time in those places.

In my long life of 70 years, I've always noticed that the black population SEEMS TO BE higher than it is. One reason is because black people own fewer motor vehicles per household (Correct me if I'm wrong). So they are often seen walking along the road, or out loitering waiting for busses or rides. They're more likely to be seen at bus and train stations. They also are more likely to work in busy places like Fast-food service, where they're highly visible to the public, instead of in offices.

Also, since the American white population is Older on average, they're more likely to stay inside their inviting, comfortable homes, and when out, to be inside motor vehicles. This means they're less visibly out in public than are blacks. Anyway that's my theory.
In terms of the bolded, it depends on where you are in select states in those regions. Those select rural/small town areas aren't going to necessarily be like the blackest rural areas in the South, but may be more in line with say areas of Southern states away from the coast or fertile areas(i.e.-the Delta areas of MS, AR and LA). Parts of western/SE MI, southern IL, western/Hudson Valley regions of NY, MO and perhaps western/eastern PA are some in those regions where you can find rural/small towns with at least a visible black population.

Old 02-26-2022, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlane3 View Post

https://vividmaps.com/us-african-ame...by-county/amp/

Back in 1990s, there was an incredible amount of counties with low to no black residents. I can imagine the maps looking even more sparse back to the 1950s

Old 02-28-2022, 06:34 AM

6,474 posts, read 4,074,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif662 View Post
what link?
Sorry, I was associating ckthankgod's link with your post. But I mathematically showed my point that the Black Population of two African American parents is almost certainly in decline.

Old 02-28-2022, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Sorry, I was associating ckthankgod's link with your post. But I mathematically showed my point that the Black Population of two African American parents is almost certainly in decline.
It's OK. Chthankgod & me crossover often in cultural convos.

I wanted to highlight a few things in your previous statement based on that link.

[The black immigrant population has increased 1.1 million people since 2010. This population is almost entirely African and Caribbean and the only significant overlay is Black Hispanic and Multiracial immigrants who make up some of the remaining 12%, and a bit of the Africa and Caribbean groups. Pew says 87% of the 1.1 million is Black Alone so 957,000 black alone population growth is migration.]

-The black alone pop grew by 2.8 million people. 60.71% of that were non immigrant population. Pew stated that 87% of the overall black population identifies as Black Alone. -

The Afram portion that's declining would be in percentage. While the Afram population is still increasing. I want to stress this context in case of misunderstanding.

Old 02-28-2022, 03:31 PM

Quote:
It's OK. Chthankgod & me crossover often in cultural convos.

I wanted to highlight a few things in your previous statement based on that link.

[The black immigrant population has increased 1.1 million people since 2010. This population is almost entirely African and Caribbean and the only significant overlay is Black Hispanic and Multiracial immigrants who make up some of the remaining 12%, and a bit of the Africa and Caribbean groups. Pew says 87% of the 1.1 million is Black Alone so 957,000 black alone population growth is migration.]

-The black alone pop grew by 2.8 million people. 60.71% of that were non immigrant population. Pew stated that 87% of the overall black population identifies as Black Alone. -

The Afram portion that's declining would be in percentage. While the Afram population is still increasing. I want to stress this context in case of misunderstanding.
The number doesn’t include the children of immigrants and people who are half-African American and half-African American born within those years. Half the growth roughly is immigration. A portion of the remaining growth is immigrant children and people of half-immigrant descent. I’m almost certain if we had all the numbers at hand the Afram (by both parents) population grew less than a million. Which is only a 2-4% growth rate over a decade. Basically what the white population did in 2000-2010. Meaning almost certainly their will be an outright decline by 2030. The birth rates of black Americans is right next to white Americans and it’s probably lower when you realize African immigrant fertility rates are 2-5 even in America.

In fact the black alone, African American population even without taking out immigrants grew 7% and the white population grew 6% from 2000-2010 and declined from 2010-2020. So even when you take out immigrants theirs a good chance the black alone population outright declined in 2021 (lowest population growth year in U.S history).

Last edited by NigerianNightmare; 02-28-2022 at 03:42 PM..

Old 02-28-2022, 06:39 PM

Quote:
The number doesn’t include the children of immigrants and people who are half-African American and half-African American born within those years. Half the growth roughly is immigration. A portion of the remaining growth is immigrant children and people of half-immigrant descent. I’m almost certain if we had all the numbers at hand the Afram (by both parents) population grew less than a million. Which is only a 2-4% growth rate over a decade. Basically what the white population did in 2000-2010. Meaning almost certainly their will be an outright decline by 2030. The birth rates of black Americans is right next to white Americans and it’s probably lower when you realize African immigrant fertility rates are 2-5 even in America.

In fact the black alone, African American population even without taking out immigrants grew 7% and the white population grew 6% from 2000-2010 and declined from 2010-2020. So even when you take out immigrants theirs a good chance the black alone population outright declined in 2021 (lowest population growth year in U.S history).
https://www.pewresearch.org/race-eth...re-immigrants/

States that children of immigrants are 9% of black population.

Old 02-28-2022, 10:19 PM

Quote:
https://www.pewresearch.org/race-eth...re-immigrants/

States that children of immigrants are 9% of black population.
Yes but they were a much higher percentage of births from 2010-2020. I don’t think the majority or anything like that, but when talking births of children under 10 years old their a disproportionate number. So even if it’s just 10% of kids below 10, combined with nearly half the growth being migrants. We are still looking at population growth lower than the 6% White Americans posted from 2000-2010 before their absolute decline in the next decade.

I honestly think Black America will be facing somewhat of a declining population unless African/Caribbean population is ramped up. Now we all consider mixed people in American society to be black if they have African Ancestry so it will be overall growth. But the census doesn’t define mixed people as Black people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.