Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 12:00 PM

746 posts, read 3,726,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
They can survive spring, summer and early fall here, no problems whatsoever. Theyre planted in planters, not in the beach directly, so moving them around is easy and safe for the tree. They put out mini-palms at some western suburb shopping centers, but nothing big like shown in the pictures in Chicago.
I bike past them every week-end, and they do look quite cool
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 12:06 PM

788 posts, read 4,067,481 times
wow! I think I'm in love...

Old 06-04-2008, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingcali View Post
wow! I think I'm in love...
I might add that my jaw drops from the beauty of it all, and I've lived there for years! Just biking down the promentary, where you see the Hancock off LSD going south, made me actually say how beautiful....just had to vocalize it....it looks even better in person than those pics....
If Chicago didn't have cold winters, I could see another 5-7 million living there...

Old 06-04-2008, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scongress1234 View Post
I might add that my jaw drops from the beauty of it all, and I've lived there for years! Just biking down the promentary, where you see the Hancock off LSD going south, made me actually say how beautiful....just had to vocalize it....it looks even better in person than those pics....
If Chicago didn't have cold winters, I could see another 5-7 million living there...
I want to live somewhere that causes my jaw to drop from the beauty of it all. It is so nice that you feel that way! Wish I had some $$ for a little trip to Chi-town!

Old 06-04-2008, 02:21 PM

Quote:
I want to live somewhere that causes my jaw to drop from the beauty of it all. It is so nice that you feel that way! Wish I had some $$ for a little trip to Chi-town!
You'll get there one day..the summer is the time to be there....Stevie Wonder is hosting a huge free concert in 3 weeks there, right by all those pics.....

Here are a few pics of the bike trail I use each week-end, for leaving Cali...this is the stuff that makes me say how beautiful...

Old 06-04-2008, 02:26 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
My favorite thing to do when i have free time is to ride down Lakeshore Drive and then back up it. It's the greatest feeling...you've got nature's beauty to one side of you and then the tallest skyline in the Western Hemisphere to your other side.

When I moved back a few weeks ago I paid $3.80 to take the toll route just to drive up Lakeshore Drive.

Old 06-04-2008, 02:33 PM

Just the pics alone make my jaw drop Scongress1234! Thank you for posting those beautiful pics.

I love how so many people in or from Chicago love it there and are so friendly. I can't wait to explore Chi town someday. In the mean time, keep posting your beautiful pics!

You too, Steve-O!

Old 06-04-2008, 04:00 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
Quote:
Just the pics alone make my jaw drop Scongress1234! Thank you for posting those beautiful pics.

I love how so many people in or from Chicago love it there and are so friendly. I can't wait to explore Chi town someday. In the mean time, keep posting your beautiful pics!

You too, Steve-O!
Thanks. Its an amazing city, thats wonderfully upkept in many parts, rundown in many others. The lakefront is awesome, especially where those pics were posted from near Oak St. Beach. The skyline is very impressive, especially when heading southbound along Lake Shore Drive, and it never fails to awe me, especially at night when she's all lit up like diamonds.

Old 06-04-2008, 04:01 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scongress1234 View Post
Id agree. Could you imagine if we had a climate like San Diego?? The metro would probably be like 20 million. If that was the case, I dont know if Id want to live here, too many people. We have too many as it is!

Old 06-04-2008, 04:05 PM

21,615 posts, read 31,180,666 times
The wealthy go to the Hamptons and the middle-class go to the Jersey shore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.