Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2007, 08:34 AM

3 posts, read 3,828 times

Advertisements

I am looking at the possibilities of relocating. All depends on having a job where I end up. I have lived in the same town (12,000) in the Midwest for the last 20 years, which I consider home. Currently, I am an hour from a major city and a major body of water. The City has great culture and transportation system. I am looking for the same type of thing outside the Midwest. Sorta rural but reasonable distance to a major city. Prefer a warmer climate, but I do like the change of seasons. Have child/children so a good school system is a plus. Enjoy church activities also. Anyone have any great ideas or suggestions?

B.B.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2007, 10:31 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,395,579 times
Major city that doesn't get too cold but has at least some change of climate. Hmmm. The first place that sprang to mind was Atlanta. It gets very little snow (two inches per year on average) but there's a definite Winter although nowhere near as brutal as the Northeast or Midwest. The problem is that it's sprawling out at a mile a minute so even moving to what may now be a rural area, may be engulfed by suburban sprawl in the near-future. Northern Georgia has a good number of small towns within 60-90 minutes of Atlanta though.

Old 01-11-2007, 12:49 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,164,292 times
I will suggest Northwest Florida (Pensacola and Fort Walton Beach). Not really big cities, but do provide all the basic needs....

Old 01-23-2007, 12:55 PM

Thanks for the info. I have been through Atlanta many times, and I find it very congested. Definitely too big for me! Nice place to visit! I will keep looking.

Old 01-23-2007, 12:58 PM

Thank you for the reply. I have been in that area once many years ago. Had a coworker relocate to that area. They are now into Real Estate and Swimming Pool installation.....quite a combination. Have family on the Florida/Georgia border so this could be a possibility. Thanks1

Old 01-25-2007, 09:42 AM

1,417 posts, read 6,908,723 times
Hickory, NC (Pop. 40,000) is a good place. It's an hour NW of Charlotte and has it's own identity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.