Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 07:49 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,518,523 times

Advertisements

Best states are Texas and New York
texas is a wonderful state filled with the friendliest and most hard working and honest people. A wonderful place to live
New York has some of the best history and natural beauty. and is also a grat place to live.

California is the most unpleasent stressed out place in the country. A place with alot of angry and stressed out people. Perhaps it is all the wildfires, pollution and illegals!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 07:53 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDR1837 View Post
By claiming that it is the densest region in US you are helping the argument that California is "crowded."
According to many on this forum, density is to be celebrated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle_Girl View Post
California is actually the 11 densest region in the US according to Wiki

1. New Jersey
2. Rhode Island
3. Massachusetts
4. Connecticut
5. Maryland
6. Delaware
7. New York
8. Florida
9. Ohio
10. Pennsylvania
11. California
California is in that postition because most of its people live along the coast. If you looked at the population:land area of the coastal counties, I believe its density would be much higher.

Old 08-24-2008, 08:12 PM

3,074 posts, read 8,026,322 times
I don't know how I could determine a best state based on the physical and economic attributes. If a state has the best of those, yet the people suck, I don't consider that a best state. Sorry, but the people have to be right for me.

Old 08-24-2008, 08:36 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,612,951 times
Quote:
mustmove;4983343]Texas was once it's on Country!! Can any or state in the union say that. I think not!!!
The Republic of California

Old 08-24-2008, 08:42 PM

Quote:
sweetclimber
California is the most unpleasent stressed out place in the country. A place with alot of angry and stressed out people. Perhaps it is all the wildfires, pollution and illegals!
Sour grapes or perhaps "sourclimber" [in other words, poor sport & exactly how wesside pointed out:

Quote:
wesside
Other than that, I have never been to a more miserable state, a state with such a big chip on its shoulder than Texas.

Old 08-24-2008, 08:46 PM

6,613 posts, read 16,590,323 times
New York: diverse landscape, population, climate, economies. From biggest of the big NYC to little hamlets tucked back in the hills in the Southern Tier or the Adirondaks, to the Finger Lakes, two of the Great Lakes, 1000 Islands, the Catskill Mountains. History, culture, urbanity, wilderness, small town, industrial, agriculture, it's a lot packed into a relatively small area.

RE: California--from the comments I'm reading, I'm guessing many posters have either never been there, or have just been to the LA region. In reality, it's got the diversity of NY, but covers a much huger area. I might've rated it "best", but I'm a NY native.

Old 08-24-2008, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Sour grapes or perhaps "sourclimber" [in other words, poor sport & exactly how wesside pointed out:

you prove my point, BITTER!

Old 08-24-2008, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
you prove my point, BITTER!
No, only you can try to prove you pointlessness

Old 08-24-2008, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
No, only you can try to prove you pointlessness
It's ok there hapy, one day you will open your mind and realize that being bitter and judgemental is a terrible way to go through life. in the mean time, keep on making the rest of us laugh!

Old 08-24-2008, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesside View Post
It is beautiful how the state of Texas has to rely on -California and Florida falling into the Ocean and New York getting blown to Kingdom Kong - whereas millions of people would have to die all for the self glorification that is Texas. excuse me, I mean Tejas.
Oh and FYI, Texas may have been its own ****ry, but only because the Union did not want Texas as one of its states.
Other than that, I have never been to a more miserable state, a state with such a big chip on its shoulder than Texas.

Best States: California, Florida, and New York.
California has something for everyone. If you like areas with all the four seasons, head to the mountains. If you like it relaxed and warm all year long: Southern California. If you want an urban, professional experience: San Francisco. Just want a paradise lifestyle: San Diego. The absolute best university system in the country, second only to maybe New York.

New York - NYC is where the professionals go to make big bucks, wear suits all day, and live an urban lifestyle without the need of a car. University system is awesome. Then you have everything outside of the city which was absolutely amazing.

Florida is alot like California but has the sandiest and cleanest beaches of them all.
Here you go everyone, proof that several hateful bitter Californians come out of nowhere and bash places they have never been too! Troll alert! Perfectly good thread ruined once again by one of the "golden state's finest"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.