Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 01:39 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowInWI View Post
I have lived in both states, and I couldn't disagree more.
Each state has 5+ million citizens its pretty hard to tell which state is more 'friendly' my experience is that in both states most of the people i encountered are friendly and nice, sometimes ill talk to strangers like at the store or somewhere and most of the people are nice and talkative.

Both states seem equally clean, There's a couple dirty shady areas in the bigger cities, But all the bigger cities also have very clean and pretty neighborhoods
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2011, 08:20 AM

1,704 posts, read 3,443,294 times
Minnesota in every category, every time. Wisconsin is fine, but Minnesota is home.

Old 12-10-2011, 12:17 PM

5,509 posts, read 11,877,648 times
Quote:
I have lived in both states, and I couldn't disagree more.
NowInWI has a strong anti-MN bias though, and I see it in most of his/her posts, so take his viewpoint with a grain of salt.

Old 12-10-2011, 03:04 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,497,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by west336 View Post
NowInWI has a strong anti-MN bias though, and I see it in most of his/her posts, so take his viewpoint with a grain of salt.
Haha awesome these kind of people keep me entertained

Old 12-11-2011, 01:24 AM

2,330 posts, read 3,811,724 times
I think Minneapolis is the best part of either state but Wisconsin is better on average. They are both pretty similar, together they are the best part of the Midwest.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:46 AM

3,971 posts, read 9,677,593 times
Wisconsin and Minnesota are both beautiful states. Minnesota is bigger land-wise. Minnesota has a wide-range of geography. Rolling hills in the SE to plains in SW to prairie in the West to the Cliffs and bluffs of the arrowhead to the thick deep woods of the north.

Wisconsin has a lot more rolling hills in the middle of the state and having it's entire eastern side border a great lake.

** A side note ** Wisconsin doesn't have more lakes than Minnesota. By WI standards, a lake is considered a lake at 5 acres. In MInnesota, it's 10. So, if you counted all of Minnesota's tiny mud ponds like Wisconsin, we'd have like 25,000 lakes.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:52 AM

2,598 posts, read 4,926,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by west336 View Post
I am a little biased, I admit it. Just as you are also somewhat biased, having lived in Minnesota. However, having lived in both states, I strongly have a preference. It can't help but be noticed, because that's the way I feel. I love the tradition in Wisconsin, the topography, Lake Michigan, the multitude of cities, and the proximity to Chicago. Call me biased, that's fine. I don't mind, though, because I like Wisconsin more.

Old 12-11-2011, 10:31 AM

5,509 posts, read 11,877,648 times
Quote:
I am a little biased, I admit it. Just as you are also somewhat biased, having lived in Minnesota. However, having lived in both states, I strongly have a preference. It can't help but be noticed, because that's the way I feel. I love the tradition in Wisconsin, the topography, Lake Michigan, the multitude of cities, and the proximity to Chicago. Call me biased, that's fine. I don't mind, though, because I like Wisconsin more.
That's fine...it's okay to have bias TOWARDS something, but I mentioned you have a negative attitude (or anti-bias) AGAINST MN, which is less okay, but still okay. I don't know where it comes from, but considering the two states are eerily similar, any answer stating that one is heads and shoulders better than the other draws suspicion for me.

I sort of feel that Minnesota is Wisconsin and Illinois or Iowa lumped together. If MN started at St. Cloud or the Twin Cities and the Southwestern 1/3 of the state was lopped off, it would be basically Wisconsin (same geography and climate, for the most part). I ALSO like WI's proximity to Chicago, but if that were my key advantage to living somewhere, I'd just assume live in Chicago. I have "fun" driving through WI to get to Chicago though. The rolling hills, moderate traffic and things to do keep me pretty entertained for a Midwestern road trip on a major interstate. I can't think of many more interstate treks in the Midwest that are quite as pleasant.

Old 12-11-2011, 07:39 PM

9,470 posts, read 10,803,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewcifer View Post
I think Minneapolis is the best part of either state but Wisconsin is better on average. They are both pretty similar, together they are the best part of the Midwest.

Mn and Wi are both nice states, but here in Michigan we have a claim to being one of the better places in the midwest as well. We have as many lakes, woods and more great lakes frontage than any other midwestern state. I know Michigan is similar to both Mn and Wi, but when it comes to having that great northwoods enviroment, you cannot leave us out.

Old 12-11-2011, 08:17 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,617,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Mn and Wi are both nice states, but here in Michigan we have a claim to being one of the better places in the midwest as well. We have as many lakes, woods and more great lakes frontage than any other midwestern state. I know Michigan is similar to both Mn and Wi, but when it comes to having that great northwoods enviroment, you cannot leave us out.

And Wi and Mn don't have a U.P.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.