Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 09:29 PM

1 posts, read 1,268 times

Advertisements

I am originally from the east end of Long Island, born and raised. Moved to GA 16 years ago. I have been to SC and Florida. I do not care for Florida-too hot and too many hurricanes. I too lived through Gloria on LI. South Carolina is gorgeous, especially the coast. I love Charleston and of course Hilton Head. Although I am unsure about the job market there. I am also an educator in GA. There is a big need for teachers here! And there are many top end companies here. One draw back is Atlanta is far from the coast which is what I am used to. You do get more house for your dollar compared to NY. I still get home sick for NY at times even though our whole family has relocated to Atlanta. I go back to NY almost every year to see other family members and friends which makes me realize that GA is not so bad and the home sick feeling soon goes away. Good luck to you with whatever option you chose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2007, 07:24 AM

1 posts, read 1,234 times
Thumbs up Move To St.mary's, Ga

I am a teacher in St. Mary's. Camden County schools are always looking for good teachers ecspecially special ed teachers. It is a wonderful school system to work for. We have lived here for four years. Do to my husbands job I have lived in many places up and down the SE coast. Wilmington, NC is beautiful but has small town activities. St. Mary's is a smaller town but it's only 35 minutes to downtown Jacksonville, FL where you have minor league baseball and hockey teams, NFL football team, and more shopping than any one person needs. We hate to leave but we must! I wish you luck!

Old 03-25-2010, 09:13 PM

1 posts, read 812 times
My Family and I are looking to relocate to a more pleasant environment. We currently reside in Northern Wisconsin and we have just outgrown the "beauty" of winter. We are looking for a nice small town approximately 45 minutes to an hour from the coast. I have no knowledge on the east coast other than vacations to Florida, Myrtle Beach and a few other short duration stops. Does anyone have any insight to east coast living year round. We also have a two year old so schools in the near future is a big concern. NO MORE SNOW is the other big Concern. South Carolina, Georgia and Florida are the prospects any information would be greatly appreciated
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.