Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 08:23 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,680,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin2212 View Post
I've surprised at how many people mentioend Midwestern cities like Fargo and Sioux Falls. These are the places I expect to be most friendly and hospitable, where people are religious and have good values.
religious/good values is not a synonym for friendly/hospitable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2007, 08:28 AM

793 posts, read 3,121,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post
Hey ... we aren't all bad (I'm from the burbs just south of Chicago).

I love Chicago and some of the burbs...maybe I should really specify the town I spent much time in that I absolutely was astounded at the level of rudeness and negative attitudes....Highland, Indiana. There are plenty of regions I think are awful, but just to call out one town many won't be familair with rather than a city specifically, Highland takes the cake!

Old 06-09-2007, 01:58 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,206,802 times
New York. I was 11 and my fam went to New Bedford from L.A. We got in a line ( toll bridge ) to cross a bridge ( GWB ) and we were driving through the Bronx ( they should just call it Bronx ) on an elevated tollway. I saw a light in the window of a bombed out looking red brick building ( that's as close as I'm ever getting to this city ) and as we drove closer in our rented motorhome I could see a little kid about my age watching ' Fat Albert ' on his tv. When we got about as close as we could before passing, the kid looks at me from 500 feet away in his 14th story window, and he FLIPS ME OFF! ..yeah, new york. Also, the people in Hilo, Hawaii and their ' island ' sensibility!

Old 08-22-2007, 06:22 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,903,785 times
Buffalo NY -dont believe city of good neighbors - buffalonians love to share their misery..crude rude rustbelt darkbleucollars

Old 08-22-2007, 06:29 PM

3,742 posts, read 8,390,380 times
That's a tough one. Generally I would be looking in the Upper Midwest or the Northeast for cold cities...where the temperature is cold, they say, so are the people....lol...in more ways than one....well...kinda anyway, certainly not all the people are cold...physically they are, maybe... but attitude-wise... yea....kinda found this to be true starting at Chicago and heading due east to northeast...lol...it's actually not that true...but it is true somewhat:r olleyes:

Old 08-22-2007, 08:41 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,343,642 times
Miami is the only place ive been where I felt very uncomfortable with the people's attitudes. Ive had some scares while stopping over in Atlanta too. I don't know if that's an isolated thing or not though. But Miami seemed to be, not my type of place every where I went.

Old 08-23-2007, 07:38 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,620,272 times
I've never met a stranger and I will talk to anybody for a few minutes. I met a lot of really intelligent people in Denver, Colorado.
We go everywhere with our Wyndham timeshare. The people in Florida were very professional, but I would not say they were very helpful or friendly.
Nashville had the friendliest staff of anywhere we have been. I felt like I had been at a week long party with my family. My husband still tells me Nashville was his favorite place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.