Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 12:43 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,928,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
I think its all in fun, but when you think about it their are no 2 states in America that have a better working relationship than New Jersey and New York.

That's true. I say how much I would hate to live in NJ, but in all reality, I would live there if it meant staying in the metro area. Hopefully none of my NY friends see what I just said
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2009, 02:48 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,655,049 times
When we lived in NY, I would have very willing accepted moving to NJ for a job. Actually, ANYWHERE in the NE.

Old 01-10-2009, 03:06 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,760,061 times
Maryland

1. Location, halfway up the eastern seaboard; mountains, beaches nations's capital all in easy reach. Fairly temperate climate.

2. Tons of History i.e. Annapolis, Georgetown, Baltimore, Frederick, etc

Varied lifestyles, ranging from high-paced Mid Maryland to slower paced rural areas. Overall decent state to raise a family, decent colleges.

Old 01-10-2009, 03:20 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,760,061 times
No Im just kidding! here's my real list

Location: I think its location is great. We Have our stunning Bay (something im really really proud of. Whenever im at the bay my face lights up), our River (the Potomac i live 15 minutes from it and think its really nice), We have our Mountains in the west, we have DC (which used to be Maryland - Georgetown used to be Georgetown,Md until DC gobbled it up), we have the ocean (Ocean city is so fun and gross at the same time!!), we have beautiful parks (assateague, Cotactin Mountain (which is right next to camp David; i always see presidential helicopters over my house!), lots of parks along the bay, etc) we're near some great cities, and i just think its the perfect location

Our Culture: I love the diversity of Culture in Maryland (like i said in the other thread, its nickname is America in Miniature). You have you Eastern Shore people, Your mid Marylanders (natives are so nice, not so much the mid-maryland transplants...), and of course my favorite, the Western Marylanders! I love them! I love our Crab culture a lot () Crabcakes too. I love our Flag too i think that ties in with culture. And Lastly, i just love how different our cities culture goes. What you find in Frostburg and Cumberland, won't be what you find in Hagerstown, and what you find there won't be found in Frederick, and what you find there wont be in Ellicott city, and what you find there won't be in Bethesda, and what you find there won't be in Baltimore, and what you find there won't be in Salisbury, and what you find there won't be in Ocean city, etc etc I have a lot of Maryland Pride

Old 01-10-2009, 06:11 PM

403 posts, read 1,189,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
What makes me proud of my home state of New Jersey is how proud the people are to be New Jersey residents.
Exactly. Most people don't understand how deep the pride runs in our state. Jersey is one of the smallest states yet has had some of the biggest impact on this country.

Old 01-10-2009, 06:15 PM

403 posts, read 1,189,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
That's true. I say how much I would hate to live in NJ, but in all reality, I would live there if it meant staying in the metro area. Hopefully none of my NY friends see what I just said
Yeah I've read a lot of your post on this board. You seem like one of those people who dislikes Jersey and doesn't even know why.

Old 01-10-2009, 06:22 PM

Default As a native New Yorker,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nauticadon View Post
Yeah I've read a lot of your post on this board. You seem like one of those people who dislikes Jersey and doesn't even know why.
I can say I never appreciated NJ until I moved down south. How if not for fate, I might be there now instead of Florida. Oh, how I wish now.

Old 01-10-2009, 06:28 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,238,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
I can say I never appreciated NJ until I moved down south. How if not for fate, I might be there now instead of Florida. Oh, how I wish now.
Tonight you would be getting a decent amount of snow.

Old 01-10-2009, 06:39 PM

28 posts, read 122,938 times
Texas

1) Cultural Uniqueness

2) Quality of life

Old 01-10-2009, 06:43 PM

Default I am going up on Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Tonight you would be getting a decent amount of snow.
precisely because I miss cold weather and snow. I hate summer. I didn't move here for the weather.

Raised my kids in Smithtown. Cried my eyes out when I had to leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.