Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 04:01 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,738,199 times

Advertisements

No, we won't be disappointed. We expect a honeymoon period to last a short time because the American public has always been used to immediate gratification; however, we do have faith that he will work his butt off for the people in this country even with the massive garbage that he has to clean up. As Obama himself has said, there can't be "over night change".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 04:01 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,843,182 times
Like I posted in another thread. I didn't vote for him, don't really like some of the ideas he has, or his political record; BUT... he IS my new President and I hope he does well. I question just exactly how he plans to implement some of his ideas but that is beside the point. I have to remember that one person CANNOT bring prosperity or decline to an entire country. It takes a multitude of people to do either and I hope we can work together to bring prosperity back to the US. If it takes a new leader with new ideas to spark that change, then I hope my first thought are wrong and he proves himself the right man for this tough job.

Old 01-20-2009, 04:03 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,138,340 times
I voted for McCain. But, at the same time, I can get swept up in the historical moment of it all. He is the president, and an eloquent one at that. I probably won't see eye-to-eye on a lot of his vision, but I do hope he's more competent than the last president we had.

Old 01-20-2009, 04:04 PM

2,716 posts, read 6,894,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
No, we won't be disappointed. We expect a honeymoon period to last a short time because the American public has always been used to immediate gratification; however, we do have faith that he will work his butt off for the people in this country even with the massive garbage that he has to clean up. As Obama himself has said, there can't be "over night change".
I hope not and I also hope the Washington culture does not rub off on him.

Old 01-20-2009, 04:13 PM

93,197 posts, read 123,819,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerflipper View Post
I hope not and I also hope the Washington culture does not rub off on him.
Me too. That's what I wonder about is how he reacts to the Washington culture.

Old 01-20-2009, 04:41 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,238,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerflipper View Post
Calllm down fella, the only thing he's done thus far is get elected.

Time will tell if he is who he portrays himself to be. After the last 8 years, I'm going to have to see some results.
While I agree he is going to prove himself first - he already has taken some major steps in the right direction. Two examples.

It is actually refreshing to hear a President who understands that drilling for oil alone is not going to solve our energy crisis. This is one of the biggest national security issues facing our country and it has been totally neglected by every President since Reagan.

Or a President who says we have to look at entitlement programs and close down those not working. When is the last time a Republican let alone a Democrat said something like that?

Old 01-20-2009, 04:46 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,098,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newarkbomb View Post
What town are you in and how does the majority of the town feel. Also... How do you feel?
Posts need to be mostly about feelings in your town and not much about your feelings if the thread is to be on-topic for this forum.

City-Data has a //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...controversies/ forum where your feelings can be discussed.

Old 01-20-2009, 04:54 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,851,661 times
Overjoyed!

I live in a somewhat liberal part of Houston. Go a little further west and I'm sure they feel a totally different way.

Old 01-20-2009, 05:15 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,468,197 times
A lot of people, including me, are happy. But some are not happy. I heard one person say the next four years are going to bring us down. There are more conservatives in my town than you might expect, being Massachusetts and all.

Old 01-20-2009, 05:21 PM

8,803 posts, read 10,238,998 times
Here? about 50% good, 50% not so good. Considering how this state voted majority democrat for the first time in a while I would imagine it's a little more joyful in other towns
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.