Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 05:34 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,786,263 times

Advertisements

Denver is good for the other stuff, but not the peppers. I'm sure you can grow some there, but on that point Albuquerque would be the best. New Mexico is known for having the best peppers.

Albquerque will be cheaper and there is a decent nightlife scene. It's smaller than Denver's scene, but then again, the city will be less crowded and have less traffic than Denver which is growing quickly and densely populated.

Also, from Denver, it's a good drive to get out of the city and the plains and into the mountains to the isolated areas. In Albuquerque, you're out in isolation much sooner, 15 minutes or so as opposed to an hour or two. Albuquerque has more character, I think, also. New Mexico is very unique and is very beautiful. Denver is nice, but the natural beauty is that of seeing the distant Rockies which are indeed beautiful, but being stuck in city/suburb. To get INTO the Rockies it's a trip. Contrast to Albuquerque where you can head off right after work to a nice spot in the desert or even up in the Sandia Mountains to relax and be alone or hike or exercise, and then be home within 15 min to 1/2 hour, tops. And the New Mexican food is much better, too.

So there, I'll put in the bid for Albuquerque since everyone else has resigned themselves to Denver on this thread, lol. If it were me, I'd choose Albuquerque, to be honest. The only thing Denver has that I'd miss is Major League sports, particularly Baseball, and Coors Park is beautiful and the Rockies are a pretty cool team. Other than that, Albuquerque is what I'd prefer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 11:18 AM

2,437 posts, read 8,182,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
Denver is good for the other stuff, but not the peppers. I'm sure you can grow some there, but on that point Albuquerque would be the best. New Mexico is known for having the best peppers.

Albquerque will be cheaper and there is a decent nightlife scene. It's smaller than Denver's scene, but then again, the city will be less crowded and have less traffic than Denver which is growing quickly and densely populated.

Also, from Denver, it's a good drive to get out of the city and the plains and into the mountains to the isolated areas. In Albuquerque, you're out in isolation much sooner, 15 minutes or so as opposed to an hour or two. Albuquerque has more character, I think, also. New Mexico is very unique and is very beautiful. Denver is nice, but the natural beauty is that of seeing the distant Rockies which are indeed beautiful, but being stuck in city/suburb. To get INTO the Rockies it's a trip. Contrast to Albuquerque where you can head off right after work to a nice spot in the desert or even up in the Sandia Mountains to relax and be alone or hike or exercise, and then be home within 15 min to 1/2 hour, tops. And the New Mexican food is much better, too.

So there, I'll put in the bid for Albuquerque since everyone else has resigned themselves to Denver on this thread, lol. If it were me, I'd choose Albuquerque, to be honest. The only thing Denver has that I'd miss is Major League sports, particularly Baseball, and Coors Park is beautiful and the Rockies are a pretty cool team. Other than that, Albuquerque is what I'd prefer.
I'll choose Denver over Albuquerque any day, but that's not what this post is about. Bergen makes a good point, which is not always covered... Denver is NOT a mountain town... That is, it's not IN the mountains at all... it's on the prairie, next to the mountains -- from downtown, it's a good hour drive at least to get into the actual mountains. This is why I chose to live pretty far outside of Denver proper, to be close to the mtns, and just drive in if and when I feel like doing city stuff. Of course, if you're more into nightlife and the music scene and such, then you'll have a decision to make, and it may be that a smaller urban area - like Albuquerque - would be a better fit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.