Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 04:26 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,567,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Even with that stat, the percentage of Black men that marry "outside of their race" is only something like 8.4%, with only something like 6.6% of Black men being married to a White female. Here's some interesting stats: Black African American Demographics Population
It looks like I was right that Black-Woman/Asian-Spouse is the rarest. Even taking into account that whites are much more numerous than Asian that seems to work out.

Old 10-17-2009, 06:12 PM

93,412 posts, read 124,084,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwxyz View Post
black girls/white american guys couples dont exist only in the south but also in every part of Usa cause i live in LA,lived in Ny and DC and i've never seen a bf/wm couple in general, and when i heard of them on the net the white guys involved are always foreign born, never american.
You need to come to Syracuse then, because you see that more and more. Actually, in the department I work in, there is a White guy with a Black wife and another former employee that was originally from Bosnia also has a Black wife. I also know of a couple of White guys(one is Arab) that have Black girlfriends in my department too. So, it does happen.

Old 10-17-2009, 06:37 PM

3,074 posts, read 8,027,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big G View Post
This topic is almost too much of a "third rail" to touch, but here's my 2 cents:

The two white man/black woman couples I've known both met in the military. And these were southern good old boys.

The way I size that up - the military life forces people to interact, both on and off duty, with others of all races. That's something that doesn't happen in civilian life for most people. Add in the higher percentage of blacks (especially black women) in the military compared to civilian life. Top it off with the skewed male/female ratio, with guys chasing anything in a skirt, and you get a much higher chance of a WM/BF combo than in the everyday world.
Well guess what! I actually knew two white southern boys in the military who were married to black women. I believe that many southern good ol boys choose military life to escape the South and live life as they want. Hopefully people who know little about the south (although they think they do) will come to realize that not every southerner approves of the racism and prejudice that they have too often been accused of.

Old 10-17-2009, 06:48 PM

18 posts, read 41,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdwell View Post
Well guess what! I actually knew two white southern boys in the military who were married to black women. I believe that many southern good ol boys choose military life to escape the South and live life as they want. Hopefully people who know little about the south (although they think they do) will come to realize that not every southerner approves of the racism and prejudice that they have too often been accused of.
its absolutely false that black girl/white american guys couples dont exist only in the south cause i live in LA and lived in Ny and DC , but i never see a bf/wm couple in general, also when i heard of them the white guys involved are always foreign born , never american.

Old 10-17-2009, 06:52 PM

18 posts, read 41,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
You need to come to Syracuse then, because you see that more and more. Actually, in the department I work in, there is a White guy with a Black wife and another former employee that was originally from Bosnia also has a Black wife. I also know of a couple of White guys(one is Arab) that have Black girlfriends in my department too. So, it does happen.
so its true that the rare bf/wm couples that exist in Usa are always composed by foreign born white guys and never by american ones?

Old 10-17-2009, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwxyz View Post
so its true that the rare bf/wm couples that exist in Usa are always composed by foreign born white guys and never by american ones?
In the relationship I knew the black woman was foreign, but the white guy American. I showed you examples earlier that included American white guys married/engaged to American black gals. Like the former mayor of Tallahassee, Robert De Niro, or Venus Williams. (Williams's boyfriend is from Texas, not overseas)

You seem to be hung up on the idea it doesn't happen because you haven't seen it.

Old 10-17-2009, 07:20 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,770,374 times
The rarest couple is probably Pacific Islander and Native American

Old 10-17-2009, 07:48 PM

12 posts, read 183,915 times
This is more so a case of financial status than anything else... A lot of black men drop their black female partners when they become financially successful and go find themselves some big-chested blond. It's a fact. And some black women are often game when a white man shows interest if it just so happens that he is rich [and/or] famous. Doesn't Clint Eastwood's wife Dina have some black in her too? I can never figure out whether she is Brazilian, Indian, or mixed British, but something is African in that mix I just knew it when I first saw her from up-close. At any rate, in Los Angeles one can see all sorts of pairings including all races in the spectrum. There is a bit of everything in Tinseltown. I guarantee ya. Oh, and Halle Berry. Her hubbie sure is a cuttie. It will be more common to see a black female who has white in the mix pairing with a white male, that is also true. Now, from my travelings and observations I can also say that English men and German men are the most addicted to the dark-fleshed female with Afro-inclined features and natural aroma. Must be in the genes. They genuinely are mad about them! The natural scent of a person is just as important in pairings often times.

Old 10-17-2009, 07:59 PM

Dina Eastwood's father is half-black and half-Japanese. Her mother is of Welsh, Irish, and German ancestry. So one-quarter black, but she states she did get called the n-word in elementary school. (Sad)

Interview with Dina Eastwood - Carmel Magazine

Old 10-17-2009, 08:04 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,490,912 times
I see white male/black female couples all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.