Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 04:10 PM

15 posts, read 74,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom3 View Post
I will be relocating to Ga. next summer. I have 3 boys that will be in middle and high school. I would like to know how the schools are Davis middle and flowery branch high. Thank you for any input
what housing developments in Flowery Branch are you looking at? any recommendations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2006, 03:41 PM

21 posts, read 74,448 times
Lightbulb flowery branch

Dear Leavinflorida-
We are going to look in the late fall. We have friends that live in sawanee and go to burford county schools. Those schools seem over crowded. We are certain we want to live in Flowery Branch and have our kids go to Flowery Branch schools. We will have an 9th, 7th, and 6th grader. They are all into sports. Where are you looking?

Old 09-05-2006, 09:27 PM

Smile Flowery branch

Mom3,
We are looking at Sterling on the Lake in Flowery Branch. We have 2 kids who are in 4th and 6th. grade and Very into sports. (Hockey and softball) Both of my kids play on travel teams so we want them to continue playing sports there. We looked in Gwinett (Buford, Dacula, Hamilton Mill) Its very nice but much too overcrowded. Duncan Creek Elem has 59 portables. We liked Flowery Branch. We saw so many kids in the development there. Thats very important to me. I want to have them go outside and have a bunch of kids to play with. The schools seemed good also. I work in the school system in Florida so that was important to me also.
Where have you been looking? Have you been to Sterling? We just came back from a long weekend over Labor Day to check things out some more.

Old 09-11-2006, 11:00 AM

16 posts, read 63,764 times
Whatever you do dont buy a Touchstone Home. Flowerly Branch will soon become overcrowded because development is just booming. I would stay away from Duncan Creek and it has nothing to do with the trailers - I pulled my daughter out of the school last year but so far I have been happy with Osbourne Middle. The schools in the area of South Florida were we lived were the top in nation and the ones in this area dont even come close. I think the students (even though they go to church all the time) are more promiscious and binge drink more than where we came from. It seems that 99.9% of the teaching staff is hired from GA colleges. I would say most of the elementary school in GA are about the worst in the nation and we have lived many places (MA, CT, DC, MD, CA, FL, NY, TN)

Old 09-13-2006, 05:38 PM

Default schools

dear Hamilton Mill Resident,
Wow, your post scared me! I thought that it would be better in that respect (drinking/promiscuity etc) because the kids always seem so respectful with yes ma'am & no ma'am. My kids are in Parkland Schools in broward and I really have no complaints. I'm sure things happen here occasionally but nothing major. Any schools in particular to stay away from???
thanks

Old 09-13-2006, 05:43 PM

722 posts, read 3,316,455 times
The kids definitely know how to party around here.

Old 09-14-2006, 09:29 PM

Default park trails

PM me. I work at Park Trails and worked for 5 years at Riverglades. I have one attending Park Trls and one in Westglades. Yes they are great schools but i am over the inflated prices and hurricanes. Looking for a Better place. Now I'm reconsidering.

Old 09-14-2006, 09:40 PM

Default Is it really that bad????

You know I am pretty freaked out hearing about how bad it is there. I thought moving to GA would be a better place for kids. I Live in a beautiful area in South Florida and the schools are awesome BUT prices for everything is ridiculous. Insurance, homes, taxes. between that and the hurricanes - we thought it was time to find somewhere new. I don't want my middle schooler drinking and doing god knows what. And i don't want my elementary daughter who is a good student to be bored in class. I just invisioned it to be different.This is just not what I want for my kids.
Does anyone have a different view or should i just steer clear??????

Old 09-14-2006, 10:42 PM

985 posts, read 5,758,569 times
Move to Alpharatta or newly formed John Creek's. Those districts has most gifted students. Take a bullet and pay for high price in those neighborhood. they do have the best schools and most committed PTA.

Old 09-15-2006, 05:04 AM

2,819 posts, read 10,403,643 times
Dacula has a good system, however, there are issues now with students coming in that do not live in the area. Dacula Elementary has became so crowded that they now have 4 outside trailers filled.
Gwinnett needs to crack down on this like Fayette County has done.
One development by me has an issue where only 22 kids live in the development but the association (good associations are a must here) counted 38 kids coming off the bus. Turns out GrandMom's are having their kids from DeKalb and Fulton dropped off and picked up.

I like the NE Gwinnett area, but the development is just out of control. There was "supposed" to be a hold in 05 on future permits due until 124 and 324 were updated, but somehow, just somehow, hundreds of more homes have been approved.

Question: What is going on with Florida? Seems all is see going back and forth to Duluth everyday is Florida tags galore with looking at homes. Is Florida really getting that bad????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia