Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2007, 07:47 AM

4 posts, read 14,774 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me anything about this area if it is nice or what. I am looking into moving here but want to know more about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2007, 08:30 AM

4 posts, read 16,193 times
Default Montezuma

I was born in Montezuma in 1940, left in 1958 to go to college, and in February, 2007, moved back to retire. It is a very nice, low crime rate, rural Georgia town. Unfortunately it's downtown stores have been adversely affected by the competition of big box stores within a twenty miles radius in slightly larger towns (Perry, Americus) and many store fronts are empty. Good Harvey's grocery store, CVS, a handful of local restaurants, but anything you want can be found within 20 or 30 miles (e.g., Warner Robins). Real estate prices very reasonable. Just bought and rehabilitated a two story four bedroom home on nearly two acres on Dooly (main) Street for total investment of about $100K.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:15 AM

1 posts, read 2,285 times
My family was born in Montezuma, and still have family there. I was born and raised in Chicago, and even as a kid, I love being in Montezuma. I would come here every summer when out of grammar school back in the 60`s. Now that I have retired, I am planing on moving to this rural country town, because I love being there. It is very friendly, quiet and very relaxing. Every time in the last six years, when I get down here, I am never ready to go back to the fast paced city of Chicago. Even the whites there are very friendly, and talk to you like they have known you for years. I will be in Montezuma in about two weeks, and can`t wait so that I can go fishing( caught one of the biggest bass, I have caught in my life 7lbs) and my uncle`s have caught some much bigger. So in the next few months. I will be a resident of this quiet country town.

Old 04-13-2011, 04:04 PM

1,473 posts, read 3,573,120 times
"Even the whites there are very friendly". Now that is funny. I was born in Montezuma in 1946. Reared in the area. Experienced the deep south and racial attitudes. I am white btw. I am so delighted to read the quoted phrase. I hope Montezuma is truly at peace with race; so many places are not.

Best to all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia