Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2012, 11:58 PM

3 posts, read 5,162 times

Advertisements

My husband and i have lived in So Cal our whole lives and have recently considered moving to PTC because of a job offer my husband got. Has anyone else made a move like this from a place like So Cal to PTC, can anyone tell me what to expect if we should follow through? We are 25 and 28 years of age if that helps at all. Any advice, both negative and positive is welcome. Thank you in advance for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2012, 08:07 AM

3,710 posts, read 5,988,983 times
It's a very planned, suburban, middle-aged/family, conservative place. If you like planned, suburban, middle-aged/family, conservative places, it's probably about as good as it gets. The city is beautiful, with several lakes of different sizes thorughout the city, rolling hills, forested roads, a great recreational path network, and lots of neighborhoods full of nice houses. However, if you want something different, you might be a disappointed.

PTC is also pretty isolated. There aren't really any nearby areas that offer very different lifestyle options (ie, more urban).

It all depends on what you want. If you want to live in the suburbs and have kids soon, then PTC is a fantastic place to live.

Old 11-06-2012, 01:59 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,929,063 times
There are many MANY SoCal transplants in PTC. Many of them say it's the best place they've ever lived and have no desire to ever return to the West Coast. The lifestyle is very akin to what you'd find in southern Orange County, minus the beaches. Do a search on C-D for similar threads and you'll find several about people just like yourself. Contact the city information office and they'll put you in touch with realtors that deal with long-distance relocations like yours. There may even be some SoCal social clubs in PTC, certainly for UCLA and USC alums.

Good luck!

Old 11-06-2012, 02:53 PM

744 posts, read 2,482,977 times
Newsboy said what I was going to say - lots of Ex Californians there. I have several friends that moved from California to Peachtree City and all of them love it .
It is a great town for young families . Lots of recreational opportunities ( parks ,sports fields, the golf cart paths are awesome ! )
Never felt like I was in the middle of no where when I lived there . Didn't mind the commute to Downtown Atlanta at all for things Peachtree City did not have to offer .( Used to live on the Northside of Atlanta ,where the commute to Downtown was far more brutal on any given day traffic wise).

Old 11-06-2012, 04:11 PM

"Discover Life at 15 mph" in Peachtree City - YouTube

Old 11-07-2012, 01:42 AM

3 posts, read 5,162 times
Thank you very much everyone for your replies. A place away from a big city and a little off the beaten path is EXACTLY what we are looking for. We want to start a family within a year or two and are very excited to hear that ptc is such a great place to do so. We should have an answer and know within a week or so if we are moving. keep your fingers crossed for us! Thanks again.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwanny27 View Post
Thank you very much everyone for your replies. A place away from a big city and a little off the beaten path is EXACTLY what we are looking for. We want to start a family within a year or two and are very excited to hear that ptc is such a great place to do so. We should have an answer and know within a week or so if we are moving. keep your fingers crossed for us! Thanks again.
You may have found your paradise.

Old 11-08-2014, 11:31 AM

3 posts, read 3,776 times
We moved here from CA in August of this year (we moved from Morro Bay, but both grew up in San Diego County). We're both youngish-- 33, and have two young kiddos. So far, we like it a lot. We've met a lot of lovely, friendly people. Our older daughter (4) loves it. Great neighbors...lots to do outdoors. I still CA, and always will, but I'm not sorry we moved.

PM me if you'd like any advise about neighborhoods, etc. I know when we were looking for a rental house, the whole planned neighborhood thing was pretty confusing to a Californian!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
View detailed profiles of: