Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 11:46 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,257,870 times

Advertisements

Tifton is deadsville, and if you dislike heat and humidity then I would avoid that area. If you want cool mountain air and scenic beauty go to the North Ga. mountains-Ellijay, Jasper, BlueRidge, or even Clayton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2007, 02:29 PM

233 posts, read 1,226,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putty View Post
Can someone tell me about Pooler? I am especially interested if it has the same "ambience" as Savannah has, since it is so close. I like the public parks, spaces, and the possibility of endless walking and bicycling. I looked at the websites on Pooler and couldn't find out anything.

Thanks
Pooler is still growing. It has potential to be a very nice community. It's definitely not a packed as downtown but there's not as much around right now.

Old 01-01-2007, 07:11 PM

15 posts, read 74,180 times
Default best place to live?

I think the development that Tiffani is thinking of in Flowery Branch is called Sterling on the lake. We've looked there too as well as other areas in Gwinnett. It is beautiful. Looking to move from So Fla because yes the taxes and insurance are just outrageous.for example a $400,000 home would have real estate taxes of $10,000 a year. We've outgrown our house here although we love our area, its hard to afford to buy another home here thats bigger.Most houses here start around $500,000. We have 2 kids one in elem & one in middle, the schools here in my area are great and I hate to leave the sun and palm trees but think it may come to that. That development in Flowery branch seems awesome for kids and shopping was close by. that was the area we liked best. My sister & her family live in Bethlehem GA which is a little too rural for me but she likes it there and has 3 young kids. Were looking for a nice (safe) family area with stuff to do (both kids are into sports) & good schools. When we visit Ga we love it and can picture ourselves living there but when we come back home to Florida we are confused again. Its a hard decision to make that move but so many are going. Other South Floridians - what do you think? where is the best place?

Old 01-01-2007, 08:34 PM

4 posts, read 34,149 times
Let me just say that you can't find a better place to live than Georgia! I have lived in Brantley County, GA all my life. I love it. We are 35 miles west of Brunswick, GA. I live in the country.

Old 01-02-2007, 12:36 PM

1 posts, read 10,082 times
Default Hey Gwinnettians!!!!!!!

I live in Dacula Ga, have been in our newly built home for 3 months...we outgrew our old home. Before moving to this home we lived in lawrenceville just 15 miles from where we reside now.

We moved due to needing more room plus we had sooooo much graffitti on our subdivison fences after living there peacefully for 8 years!!...(I come from San Diego and i know a whole BUNCH about gangs,and it seems Lawrenceville will be the next Los Angelos)

My Family and i LOVEEEEE! WHERE WE LIVE. It is a large community with many subdivisions in a Hometown community called Hamilton mill. It sits on Braselton hwy 124,but it is so huge and still growing. Prices Range from 400-700 thousand and higher. High end price range...it keeps out all the rifraff.

In the whole area of Dacula,Hoschton(trilogy park subd..awesome) chateau elan,winder... there are many nice homes quiet area's and great schools...all are gwinnett county...good luck and take your time.

Old 01-04-2007, 05:55 AM

88 posts, read 491,260 times
Default You are not alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavinFlorida View Post
I think the development that Tiffani is thinking of in Flowery Branch is called Sterling on the lake. We've looked there too as well as other areas in Gwinnett. It is beautiful. Looking to move from So Fla because yes the taxes and insurance are just outrageous.for example a $400,000 home would have real estate taxes of $10,000 a year. We've outgrown our house here although we love our area, its hard to afford to buy another home here thats bigger.Most houses here start around $500,000. We have 2 kids one in elem & one in middle, the schools here in my area are great and I hate to leave the sun and palm trees but think it may come to that. That development in Flowery branch seems awesome for kids and shopping was close by. that was the area we liked best. My sister & her family live in Bethlehem GA which is a little too rural for me but she likes it there and has 3 young kids. Were looking for a nice (safe) family area with stuff to do (both kids are into sports) & good schools. When we visit Ga we love it and can picture ourselves living there but when we come back home to Florida we are confused again. Its a hard decision to make that move but so many are going. Other South Floridians - what do you think? where is the best place?
Talking about being confused.......I am in the same boat. I actually leave overseas.....political turmoil is throwing me out. My family leaves in Fl and we have lived there 10 years. We visited Gwinnett/Fulton counties and thought it was so beautiful. We got confused on our dirve back to FL since we have family there and since I am so used to the "comtemporary" look of hte homes, however, the acrage you get for your money in GA is far more advantageous than FL and who said anything about crime....try turning on chanel 4,7, 10 in Mia/ftl......same thing. I believe that crime rate depends on which area you live. I am stilld doing research and see where I want to be with my family (have 2 children -9 and 7). I want the best schools, the best neighborhoods and a wonderful life for the future with God's blessing.

Old 01-05-2007, 10:40 AM

5 posts, read 33,412 times
Default tranfering to georgia

My husband is being transfered to georgia, his office will be in woodstock can anyone tell be about the area. we have a son who will be attending high school next year. we visited over christmas break and also liked the acworth area. any feedback would be apprciated.

Old 01-05-2007, 12:36 PM

1 posts, read 10,070 times
Default Harvard

Hello,

My wife and I are considering moving to Walker County, Georgia. We wish to know your thoughts regarding weather, elementary schools, and small town living in gerneral.

Our interests including raising horses, a few cattle, and driving our antique automobiles.

How would you rate this area to other areas in north Georgia, as compared to Tennessee? We presently reside in the state of Washington, and truly look forward to this move.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Harv

Old 01-05-2007, 03:44 PM

15 posts, read 74,180 times
Default woodstock

Quote:
Originally Posted by leez1561 View Post
My husband is being transfered to georgia, his office will be in woodstock can anyone tell be about the area. we have a son who will be attending high school next year. we visited over christmas break and also liked the acworth area. any feedback would be apprciated.
I have family in Woodstock and know that its a nice area and the schools are supposed to be very good.

Old 01-05-2007, 07:01 PM

525 posts, read 1,851,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leez1561 View Post

Woodstock is great...the taxes are low, schools are good (Etowah or Sequoyah) comes to mind. I know one of those two scored well. Quaint downtown area. I love the smalltown feel, but yet convienent to stores, etc.

Areas to look in Town lake, Bridgemill, and Rivergreen. These are the big masterplan communities, but there is alot of growth so you can find something you love here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia