Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 06:18 PM

525 posts, read 1,851,508 times

Advertisements

Bridgemill is in Cherokee county, in the city of Canton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2007, 07:20 PM

138 posts, read 623,078 times
[quote=nibseysgirl;901938]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billdemartini View Post
We had quite a busy day yesterday. We dropped off the kids with my parents up at Big Canoe and headed out about 10AM.

We looked at a few houses in Creekside Estates, then headed to Forest Creek, Orange Shoals, Wrights Mill Estates, and Great Sky before we finally made it to Bridgemill.

Bill,
Could you please tell me what county and towns these development/neighborhoods are in? I like the detail to your message and it gave lots of description that we are looking for while considering our relocation prospect to GA from FL. I hate that everything as far as developments here in FL always looks pretty much the same...Gets very boring ..I like to see different styles of homes and unique as well. I am planning on a trip to GA soon as we are narrowing down our search criteria and would very much like to visit a couple of the places you mention here...Any feedback or advise would be very welcome and appreciated....Happy Fathers Day...Enjoy that swim....Lisa I dont know how to edit and make the Quote smaller sorry....
Sure thing.

Bridgemill is in the city of Canton which is in Cherokee County. Same with Governor's Preserve, Orange Shoals, Great Sky, etc.

The only other town we really considered was Ball Ground which is very close to Canton and still in Cherokee County.

And thanks for the Happy Father's Day. It was a good one

Old 06-18-2007, 10:21 AM

165 posts, read 657,002 times
Bill, Do you live in ga now. I think from hearing so much good about Bridgemill Will move there ourself's. We got a realtor who also lives there. Were comming up to buy in JULY OR AUG. I CAN'T WAIT And were live behind Disney now lol I need the peace and quite lol good luck to you and your family

Old 06-18-2007, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by info please View Post
Bill, Do you live in ga now. I think from hearing so much good about Bridgemill Will move there ourself's. We got a realtor who also lives there. Were comming up to buy in JULY OR AUG. I CAN'T WAIT And we live behind Disney now lol I need the peace and quite lol good luck to you and your family
Maybe will be see you up there

Old 06-18-2007, 01:30 PM

138 posts, read 623,078 times
Yes info, we live in Georgia. My wife and I have both lived here most of our lives. We've been in Buford for the past 10 years.

Old 06-18-2007, 01:51 PM

Then I guess you answered my ? It must be a safe area. We were up that way last yr the downtown was a bit old but the communities were nice. We also looked at Vickery in Cummings . But I love all the hills in Canton. tks again

Old 06-18-2007, 03:51 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,377,466 times
Vickery is a great subdivision, but the prices are extremely high. Hedgewood builds a nice home with a lot of character, but you pay dearly for it. IMO, they really screwed up by building the Better Homes and Gardens Idea Home there last year- it sticks out like a sore thumb in an otherwise beautiful subdivision.

Bob

Old 06-18-2007, 05:02 PM

434 posts, read 1,736,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nibseysgirl View Post
Bill,
Could you please tell me what county and towns these development/neighborhoods are in? I like the detail to your message and it gave lots of description that we are looking for while considering our relocation prospect to GA from FL. I hate that everything as far as developments here in FL always looks pretty much the same...Gets very boring ..I like to see different styles of homes and unique as well. ....
Harmony is in Cherokee county. One of the things we liked about it is the houses are distinctive and they have rules that help keep them interesting. No two houses side by side can be the same design or color etc. This is one of the neighborhoods that is the best I have seen as far as individual looking design etc. Think Norman Rockwell painting. That is what we thought the first time we drove through.

Old 06-19-2007, 05:03 PM

276 posts, read 1,127,545 times
[quote=Billdemartini;902430]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nibseysgirl View Post

Sure thing.

Bridgemill is in the city of Canton which is in Cherokee County. Same with Governor's Preserve, Orange Shoals, Great Sky, etc.

The only other town we really considered was Ball Ground which is very close to Canton and still in Cherokee County.

And thanks for the Happy Father's Day. It was a good one
Thanks again. We are looking to make a trip soon to check things out. We really like Cherokee County as well as Gwinnette. Still doing some research but its looking good. I just wish I could narrow it down a bit more than I have..I am only going to have a few days for this first trip to check things out initially...Im glad you had a good Father's Day...Thanks again Bill,
Lisa

Old 06-19-2007, 05:09 PM

276 posts, read 1,127,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clawson26 View Post
Harmony is in Cherokee county. One of the things we liked about it is the houses are distinctive and they have rules that help keep them interesting. No two houses side by side can be the same design or color etc. This is one of the neighborhoods that is the best I have seen as far as individual looking design etc. Think Norman Rockwell painting. That is what we thought the first time we drove through.
Sounds very nice. I love Norman Rockwell and I love that houses in GA look so different than the one next store..>FL all the houses look the same...BORING...I am a northern by birth and what alot of places I have seen in GA look so much more what I both am used to and love...Homes with character, charm and beauty...Thanks for the info (again)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia