Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 02:34 PM

758 posts, read 1,639,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwomyn View Post
You never proved that your opinions have any validity. You're still going by your own subjective experiences. It won't convince me, if you just keep repeating what you experienced. So I'm not going to swallow your baloney. I'm glad that you're moving on, because you had nothing positive to ad to this thread anyhow!
And how did you prove that YOUR opinions have any validity? By your so called joke article?

For that matter, how can you PROVE that anyone's opinions have validity? And do you really need to? After all, an opinion isn't fact:

Opinion:
1.a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.

2.a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

3.the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second Medical opinion.

4.Law . the formal statement by a judge or court of the reasoning and the principles of law used in reaching a decision of a case.

5.a judgment or estimate of a person or thing with respect to character, merit, etc.: to forfeit someone's good opinion.

6. a favorable estimate; esteem: I haven't much of an opinion of him.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:37 PM

5 posts, read 3,010 times
Quote:
I'm glad that you're moving on, because you had nothing positive to ad to this thread anyhow!
Sonya, you are one angry lesbian. And you know what? I dig it.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:45 PM

1,296 posts, read 2,225,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgemo2 View Post
And how did you prove that YOUR opinions have any validity? By your so called joke article?

For that matter, how can you PROVE that anyone's opinions have validity? And do you really need to? After all, an opinion isn't fact:

Opinion:
1.a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.

2.a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

3.the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second Medical opinion.

4.Law . the formal statement by a judge or court of the reasoning and the principles of law used in reaching a decision of a case.

5.a judgment or estimate of a person or thing with respect to character, merit, etc.: to forfeit someone's good opinion.

6. a favorable estimate; esteem: I haven't much of an opinion of him.
Too bad that you have to keep dwelling on the joke. That's pathetic! Some of these posters, act like their opinions, are facts. And they use their opinions, to make negative assumptions about the poor, and stereotype them all.

Old 03-08-2011, 03:28 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times
Quote:
Too bad that you have to keep dwelling on the joke. That's pathetic! Some of these posters, act like their opinions, are facts. And they use their opinions, to make negative assumptions about the poor, and stereotype them all.
I was very poor.

Old 03-08-2011, 03:33 PM

3,398 posts, read 5,104,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I was very poor.
Once upon a time I was too.

Old 03-08-2011, 03:35 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,337,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocontengencies View Post
Once upon a time I was too.
Then what happened...a bigger welfare check????

Old 03-08-2011, 04:22 PM

3,398 posts, read 5,104,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Then what happened...a bigger welfare check????
I hope you are kidding. As young people starting out we didn't much at all. I don't think I even knew it until one day my kid brought home a paper from school that showed me that my kids qualified for the free lunch program. I never signed up for it. Didn't need it. I think it just shows how out of hand the entitlements are.

Old 03-08-2011, 04:38 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,484,018 times
Quote:
For some time now, America has done all it can, to destroy the poor; denying them decent housing, healthcare, access to nutritious foods, a quality education, and making it more and more difficult, for them to improve their lives. In the 60s, the poor were seen as valuable enough to society, to be helped to rise up out of poverty. Do you think that the poor will ever again be considered valuable enough in society, to be truly helped to escape poverty, once and for all?
America isn't denying the poor a damn thing! Some very poor people have worked hard to become millionaires, even when the odds seemed to be against them. And you know why they made it? Because they spent less time bitching and complaining about being poor, and more time actually doing something to change their situation.

Of course, in the United States, there are a plethora of programs, grants, loans and civic organizations to help the poor, provided they fall within certain racial/minority groups. This is a fact, so don't even start with the racists accusations. We also know that these "special interests" groups take full advantage of these programs/freebies, making them not-so-poor after all. If you can afford to buy the newest cells phones with all the gadgets, you have a Wii/X-Box/Playstation/Computer in your home, you have a car of some descript and you are able to buy fast food, but you can't afford rent or bills, then you are not, technically, poor, you are just unable to manage your money in a responsible and adult manner.

How well I do in life is MY responsibility and not the government's or the tax payer's.

Old 03-08-2011, 04:53 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
No when you look at the mounbt of deficit spending caused by the ever growing welfare programs serving the poor in thsi country it's evident that the 60's had liitle support in fact. But the facts are now the taxpayers actually support a much large portition of low income on those program every year.Just the groth in medicaid is at the unsustainbale level.

Old 03-08-2011, 05:01 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,644,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
If they got any funnier she'd have her own HBO special.
The show would be called, "The Comedy of Commas."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates