Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2013, 11:16 AM

211 posts, read 172,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Calm down guy. Why are you so angry and full of attitude?
One thing you need to understand: I'm not angry at all. Sorry if it comes across that way. I'm more of a happy warrior type.

I talk smack on the internet. If you want to smack back I'm okay with it.

Again, it has to do with me treating you just as I would treat a white guy I disagree with.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:20 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnzyteBob View Post
One thing you need to understand: I'm not angry at all. Sorry if it comes across that way. I'm more of a happy warrior type.

I talk smack on the internet. If you want to smack back I'm okay with it.

Again, it has to do with me treating you just as I would treat a white guy I disagree with.
In your culture and religion, is it normal to treat women as men?

Old 01-26-2013, 11:21 AM

Quote:
How it is to who? You? Again, answer the question. Who is black and what makes them such? Who cares about George Zimmerman...LOL.

All of this anger and attitude. What's the problem? I thought "black women" were the angry ones, but you by far surpass them. Just at little discussion gets you crazy and jumping all over the place. Just answer the questions and we'll go from there.
I don't understand what you're trying to get at. George Zimmerman and Barry Soetoro both had one black great grandparent. In Barry's case, he also had four white ones and three Arab slave trader great grandparents.

That means only ONE of his great grandparents was black, yet he is your black messiah.

George Zimmerman has the same amount of black ancestry, yet all the blacks put on hoodies and decide he's a racist?

Old 01-26-2013, 11:22 AM

Quote:
In your culture and religion, is it normal to treat women as men?
I think it depends on the woman.

But on the internet, anything goes.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:26 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houston1963 View Post
Coming out as a male democrat does take guts. Particularly for me as a 50 year old white male living in Houston, Texas. Let's just say that there are a whole bunch of icehouses where I am not welcome.

Regarding the canary/fork issue. That was more directed towards the black women than the black community. I think that Obama's ascension is huge. What better way to stick to a bunch of stuffy old white guys than to elect a young, vibrant, black president. TWICE. And I don't hear the who singing "meet the new boss, same as the old boss".

Now to the part you might not like. I, like some of the posters here, have noticed that american women of all races are getting fatter and more confrontational. The "canary" that I refer to is that black women have gotten there first. Make no mistake, white women are not that far behind. I have decided to quit women now, to avoid the christmas rush. The reason a lot of these threads go well into 40 pages is the fact that women take offense to any stance, other than ass kissing, that a guy takes. When women get offended by the broad strokes that I paint, that tells me 3 things. One, things aren't going as swimmingly in her dating world as she portrays here, OR, she identifies with "team woman" and any guy she is in a relationship with will need to watch his step, OR, she IS in fact just like the stereotype and the truth is hittin' a little too close to home.

If I had to guess, I would say that women identify with team woman first. I can't think of any other reason as to why any woman on an internet forum would give a sh*t about my opinion, especially throwing snide remarks in my direction. If they were truly the individuals they said they were they would look at the screen and think "he's not talking about me". They wouldn't burn calorie 1 coming at me or defending themselves.

When guys like me say "all women" it's called a percentage play. Let's say for the sake of argument that it's not "all women". I would be willing to bet that a pretty good case could be made that it's a majority of women that are turning into/have turned into something that guys are not attracted to. Why should men be forced to play? Why should we be forced to accept mediocrity? Why waste her time and mine?

I have engaged in some serious introspection to reach this conclusion. I have been lurking/posting on various internet forums since 2003, and NOT ONE TIME have I seen ANY woman engage in ANY sort of introspection when met with a differing viewpoint.

Not once.
In real life, I would never engage in this conversation. Ever. But this forum provides the opportunity to express feelings that one simply can not (or choose not) to do in real life.

It is really hard to have men say the most vile, disgusting things about me, my cousins, mother, aunts, friends based solely on the fact that we are Black women....and say absolutely nothing. We are constantly attacked and at a certain point a person feels compelled to defend.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:26 AM

1,275 posts, read 1,932,751 times
Quote:
LMFAO!!!

You take offense at Shaniqua (I didn't use that name by the way, so I guess that makes you a racist too) ... but making fun of and dismissing the worth Joe the plumber is fair game, right? You people are spoiled because Protestant white people have been trained to feel guilty and they give you the kid glove treatment. I always harass these white dumbarses as well ... because they treat you like their pets. If they truly saw you as equals, they wouldn't be afraid to tell it to you like it is.

Just look at your boy president. 8% unemployment, health care costs through the roof - A white guy would have been savaged by the media now.

But we can't degrade the first octoroon President now can we? Just like a guy with no connections and a thin resume with C and D grades getting into Occidental, Columbia and Harvard? How did that happen? Duuuuuuuhhhhhhh!

Do you want to be equals or do you want to be treated like pets?
President Obama is as fine a president as anyone I've seen in my adult life. Many white people support him for reasons that have nothing at all to do with the color of his skin. And you have an overblown ego to boot. I never said you used the name "Shaniqua" so to assume I thought it was you who brought that nonsense into the debate tells me you are very full of yourself and think your worldview is the only one. Wake up, dude. You're in a shrinking demographic---and on one level, I think you're a scared little man who's losing their grip of power in a fast-growing world. And---by the way, your vile and hate-filled comments hold humanity back rather than enhance it. I feel sorry for you.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:29 AM

Quote:
I don't understand what you're trying to get at. George Zimmerman and Barry Soetoro both had one black great grandparent. In Barry's case, he also had four white ones and three Arab slave trader great grandparents.

That means only ONE of his great grandparents was black, yet he is your black messiah.

George Zimmerman has the same amount of black ancestry, yet all the blacks put on hoodies and decide he's a racist?
My point is that everyone doesn't have the same definition of the term "black." In fact, it may not even be very much or at all relevant to the individuals to whom you are referring. You are attempting you classify Obama in a manner that your people do. To others, one may simply be either Luo or not. Kenyan or not. There is no octoroon and 1/8 black. For you, that's fine I suppose. Who is actually Arab may also be a completely different manner of classification. It seems that you are trying to convince me that your views of race and ethnicity should be mine. I'm asking you to actually explain them.

Who is black? How do you know that I even consider his great-grandparents black? There is no such thing as any black messiah. How foolish.

I don't care about George Zimmerman's heritage. Either he committed a crime or he did not. He very well may be a racist. As far as I'm concerned, the justice system was slack in handling the case and that's why it is what it is.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:31 AM

Quote:
I think it depends on the woman.

But on the internet, anything goes.
How sad, but ok.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:38 AM

Quote:
How sad, but ok.
I treat women well in general, but when someone deserves a smackdown (verbally, that is), they get it.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:39 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,950,129 times
This thread has actually become hilarious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates