Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 06:35 PM

1,850 posts, read 3,015,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparks69 View Post
I respectfully disagree

Why do you think this is a white supremacist culture?

Why not a minority subordinate culture?

Your understanding of white supremacist is jaded with negative connotations. I don't mean it in a negative way.

Whites are generally leaders of most companies. Most elected officials are white, most of the wealth is secured by whites. Most of the major TV stations are mostly white news anchors/broadcasters,etc....

Therefore, whites are the ruling class. I'm not talking about Neo-Nazi, Skinheads, KKK white supremacist.

Old 11-06-2013, 06:49 PM

165 posts, read 132,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
Your understanding of white supremacist is jaded with negative connotations. I don't mean it in a negative way.

Whites are generally leaders of most companies. Most elected officials are white, most of the wealth is secured by whites. Most of the major TV stations are mostly white news anchors/broadcasters,etc....

Therefore, whites are the ruling class. I'm not talking about Neo-Nazi, Skinheads, KKK white supremacist.
Not trying to argue or disagree at all. I totally understand what you are saying and I will say it again.
Why do you think it is white supremacy instead of minority subordination?

Old 11-06-2013, 07:09 PM

427 posts, read 947,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty All View Post
Why are Americans so afraid to confront the issue of race?
We aren't.

Next?

Old 11-06-2013, 07:29 PM

Statistics.
The white population in the US is 67.3 percent of the total population. All things considered equal almost 70% of every supervisory, CEO, management position would be held by a white person. Not racism, just fact. (2004 Census)

13.1% of the US population is black. Again, all things considered equal, only 13 out of 100 of those elected officials etc.... could even be held by the black population

I tried to paste the all of congress by race from www.congress.org but it did not work very well.

End result 8% are black and 85% are white, so does this prove racism........I think not. How about the black population of Alaska, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana. Do you think they have 13% black population? Do you think based on population that a Black person has a 13% chance of achieving a congressional election?

Old 11-06-2013, 08:07 PM

So is it reverse racism because the vast majority of professional football, basketball players are black? I don't think so. I think it is a biological fact that the black race is physically stronger, physically more athletic. Again, has nothing to do with racism. It is how we were made.

Old 11-07-2013, 02:20 PM

587 posts, read 1,410,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
It seems like the talk about race has been that the whites are racist and no one else is. I'm not white, BTW. Seems the biggest victims are blacks and then Hispanics.

Problem is that there are plenty of poverty pimps and race hustlers such as Michael Pflegler, Jesse, Al, etc. who make their living by keeping people oppressed, uneducated and ignorant. They make their living by mixing up trouble.

We've become an incredibly politically correct society.

Reverse the Trayvon scenario: white kid in black neighborhood.

I guarantee he'd be looked at with as much suspicion and would've been physically engaged even earlier by a neighborhood resident.
But Al Sharpton is just a puppet. The atrocities that plague black urban America would still exist without people like him. The problem is the invisible large scale oppression of ALL minority groups by our white supremacist society. Jesse Jackson isn't the one shipping in tons and tons of heroin and cocaine into American inner cities every year. That would be Uncle Sam. There is a huge demand for narcotics in our country. Afterall, America leads the world in substance abuse. But it was decided decades ago that ghetto was the best place for the distribution of hard illegal drugs. For years, heroin and crack were effective forms of population control in every American inner city area. Heroin has just recently become an epidemic in the suburbs among young white people who are dropping like flies the same way inner city blacks were dying from heroin from the 60's through the 90's.

But it is not just blacks and latinos who experience second class citizenship here in America. Many heavily Asian inner city areas across California from Oakland to Long Beach experience the same problems of violent crime and gang activity that is present in predominantly black and latino areas. It just so happens that since immigration to America from Asia is stricter, only usually the most educated and monied Asians are able to relocate to the States. However, certain Southeast Asian groups in America like Cambodians, Vietnamese and Hmong have higher poverty rates than blacks and are more likely to be gang members than blacks and latinos in America. Same with Native Americans. Many Native American reservations have crime rates as high as any inner city ghetto. But you never see that plastered all over the mainstream media:

Wind River Indian Reservation in Wyoming - Business Insider

But at some point, its not about race. I live in Maryland and there are several lower-income majority white communities in and around Baltimore city that are just as dangerous as the black neighborhoods.

Old 11-07-2013, 02:27 PM

14,936 posts, read 12,132,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nslander View Post
Not that it should matter, but I'm white.

I'm going to follow you around in my car then pursue you on foot with a firearm simply because you "look" suspicious, even though you're just walking home. I initiate this series of events and you end up dead. I face trial only because of local demand for justice and national outrage. The state has a nonsensical law on the book that lets me skate, effectively encouraging this behavior as state policy.

My thoughts? You have no idea what you are talking about.
Neither do you, apparently, in regards to the Trayvon Martin case....

Old 11-07-2013, 02:37 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,586,709 times
America is not a racist system, but that does not mean there aren't racist people or individuals. You really can't get rid of a person who choose to be racist. Nor can you legislate racism away.

Again, the real issue is why do whites have more power in this country than blacks or any other minority. The logical answer is that there are more whites. But then again, you have to answer other questions. How many black people apply for jobs vs whites. Mathematically, there would be more whites who apply for jobs, so the probability of whites holding more jobs is higher. Then you have to look at qualifications, etc. At the end of the day, whomever a person decided to hire in their company is a private affair. There is nothing systematically that says he should hire whites, or blacks. If the hiring manager just doesn't care for blacks, well what could some government policy really do to prevent that? In either case, a manager showing his racism through his hiring practices generally will be noticed, and if the company cares about it's reputation, it will deal with him. If not, then you can freely not support that company by purchasing any of their products or services.

Bottomline, I personally think people should be allowed to express who they do and don't like. And I don't think they should be ostracized for it. The debate concerning racism is basically "does it exist" and if it does "who are the racist". It's not really in your face like it use to be, and I think that makes things harder to deal with.

Old 11-07-2013, 04:59 PM

23,538 posts, read 17,214,216 times
Race has been hijacked as a political weapon and the soical justice movement has set a zero threshold for labeling anyone who utters the latest banned words a racist. There is no differentiation between a cross brning KKK and someone cut off in traffic issuing an insult. Both are to be extinguished frm earth by the social justice activists.

As such any meaningful discussion of race will have to wait for the social justice movement to wither.

Old 11-07-2013, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaticVillage View Post
But Al Sharpton is just a puppet. The atrocities that plague black urban America would still exist without people like him. The problem is the invisible large scale oppression of ALL minority groups by our white supremacist society. Jesse Jackson isn't the one shipping in tons and tons of heroin and cocaine into American inner cities every year. That would be Uncle Sam. There is a huge demand for narcotics in our country. Afterall, America leads the world in substance abuse. But it was decided decades ago that ghetto was the best place for the distribution of hard illegal drugs. For years, heroin and crack were effective forms of population control in every American inner city area. Heroin has just recently become an epidemic in the suburbs among young white people who are dropping like flies the same way inner city blacks were dying from heroin from the 60's through the 90's.

But it is not just blacks and latinos who experience second class citizenship here in America. Many heavily Asian inner city areas across California from Oakland to Long Beach experience the same problems of violent crime and gang activity that is present in predominantly black and latino areas. It just so happens that since immigration to America from Asia is stricter, only usually the most educated and monied Asians are able to relocate to the States. However, certain Southeast Asian groups in America like Cambodians, Vietnamese and Hmong have higher poverty rates than blacks and are more likely to be gang members than blacks and latinos in America. Same with Native Americans. Many Native American reservations have crime rates as high as any inner city ghetto. But you never see that plastered all over the mainstream media:

Wind River Indian Reservation in Wyoming - Business Insider

But at some point, its not about race. I live in Maryland and there are several lower-income majority white communities in and around Baltimore city that are just as dangerous as the black neighborhoods.
You gave several examples of gangs and poverty within different races. So answer this as I just don't get it. Why don't they get out? Seems to me if I was raised in a neighborhood full of gangs, violence, prostitution, drugs, poverty etc.... that I WOULD NOT stay there to raise another generation in the same depressed neighborhood. Why in the world don't they move away? The worst parts of our inner cities breed themselves like a cancer, raising yet another generation which only gets worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates