Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 07:43 AM

1,250 posts, read 3,605,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tairos View Post
That can't be. I am repeatedly assured by expertly trained sociology majors that IQ is an irrelevant social construct (but conservatives lack it and are stupid).
I think some of it has to do with upbringing. How jewish kids are brought up
to be without fear (that holds others back). Also stressing importance of education, being a risk taker, etc.

My theory is this....very smart jewish kids go into law, medicine, academia.
Not quite so smart ones start up businesses. Just a theory, might not be true.

Old 04-18-2014, 07:44 AM

1,709 posts, read 2,167,747 times
Maybe that success has something to do with the Holocaust? Having 6 million of your people mercilessly and senselessly massacred would probably create a lasting cultural scar that would make adherents of that culture strive for a better life and give them some serious motivation for it.

Old 04-18-2014, 07:49 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlite View Post
all groups wanna control and dominate, jus look at history and wars
Not every ethnic group is as cohesive and collected as Jews are as recent Indians are the next in line to follow the same strategy.

In many organizations I've worked Jews always seek the positions of power and push the heavy lifting work on others and gaming the system.

How is it possible the Jews take off on all Jewish and Christian holidays? Because they can. My Jewish friend even jokes about it, he's a non-practicing Jew and he benefited as much he could.

Old 04-18-2014, 08:39 AM

226 posts, read 363,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
To me it seems more likely that early childhood education, nutrition and pre-natal care are lacking because low IQ populations can't sustain those things. The IQs aren't high enough to develop and support the economic and societal infrastructure necessary to make significant investments in children. If the low country IQs were truly the result of lack of early childhood education, nutrition and pre-natal care, etc., the problem would have been solved already due to charity, NGOs and the simple fact that a model for success has already been developed and implemented in various parts of the world.
I would ask the question of does everyone in the third world country have access to education? How accessible is early childhood education for the majority of residents whom are poor? Nutrition would have a major impact on IQ and education in general due to obvious reasons. If you cant eat how can you learn anything. Politics is always a major factor as well. War and conflicts can also lower the emphasis on education. Finally most of the countries have a long and bloody history of exploitation. I don't think it is in the exploiters best interest to make sure their subordinates are well educated. What you are implying is that people of color are not as intelligent as other races. However your answer would likely change when you consider these factors.

Old 04-18-2014, 08:49 AM

226 posts, read 363,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wudge View Post
I've also thought that the African American community would truly benefit if they embraced education in the way that other groups have clearly done, and up until now I always thought that Asian tiger moms represented the best model. I may well have been wrong.
Blacks have benefited from education immensely. I would also add some historical context, in that when an entire race of people are forbidden by law from reading and the offense is punishible by death for more than 300yrs, I'm imagining that would help to promote a culture of ignorance or lack there of.

Old 04-18-2014, 08:50 AM

43,663 posts, read 44,393,687 times
Jewish tradition and culture encourage education and higher education in the past was the way to gain financial wealth.

Old 04-18-2014, 09:40 AM

684 posts, read 869,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoregrimey View Post
Blacks have benefited from education immensely. I would also add some historical context, in that when an entire race of people are forbidden by law from reading and the offense is punishible by death for more than 300yrs, I'm imagining that would help to promote a culture of ignorance or lack there of.

No sensible person would deny that blacks have a history of slavery and persecution. Still, the Jewish community has such a history too, going back all the way back to the Exodus.

In my mind, and as continually represented throughout this thread, the Jewish community figured out that the key was to control their own destiny through the medium of education.

I could be wrong, but I have no sense whatsoever that the African America community has latched onto education as the key to controlling their own destiny.

Old 04-18-2014, 09:45 AM

4,709 posts, read 5,064,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttaTheLouBurbs View Post
Maybe that success has something to do with the Holocaust? Having 6 million of your people mercilessly and senselessly massacred would probably create a lasting cultural scar that would make adherents of that culture strive for a better life and give them some serious motivation for it.
If I was Jewish I would want to know why, why, why? I would want to know why they became so hated. There was obviously reasons. Then strive to reverse that.

Old 04-18-2014, 09:52 AM

646 posts, read 926,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wudge View Post
No sensible person would deny that blacks have a history of slavery and persecution. Still, the Jewish community has such a history too, going back all the way back to the Exodus.

In my mind, and as continually represented throughout this thread, the Jewish community figured out that the key was to control their own destiny through the medium of education.

I could be wrong, but I have no sense whatsoever that the African America community has latched onto education as the key to controlling their own destiny.
One thing that makes it harder for AAs is that unlike jews, they cant blend in as easily. Anyone can spot a black person, with jews its not so easy.

Old 04-18-2014, 10:31 AM

9,779 posts, read 15,790,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John-UK View Post
If I was Jewish I would want to know why, why, why? I would want to know why they became so hated. There was obviously reasons. Then strive to reverse that.
If one were a true human being, he would want to know why? why, why? He would want to know why some people can become so hateful that they can do the atrocities they did in the Holocaust. There were obvious reasons. Then strive to reverse that rather than blame the victim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates