Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 05:42 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,984,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-UK View Post
It is third world.
If it is the third world, it would mean New Zealand, Italy, Czech Republic, Russia, Poland and Saudi Arabia are as well as those GDP per Capita are lower than Israel.

The World's Richest and Poorest Countries | Global Finance

Well the reason why there are a higher proportion of Jews that are very economically successful is due to they place very high priority on education.

Old 04-18-2014, 05:55 AM

2,079 posts, read 4,952,308 times
Jewish control of American wealth is achieved by the Jewish strategy of directing and placing their children into the most profitable professions and maintaining control by placing their children into these money making professions for future generations. The Jews direct their children toward careers that CONTROL and INFLUENCE a society the most; such as finance, law, economics, medicine and the entertainment industries. It's all very calculating and something any group of people could achieve, IF their main objective was to financially or economically CONTROL a nation. JMHO.

Old 04-18-2014, 06:42 AM

4,709 posts, read 5,064,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Jewish control of American wealth is achieved by the Jewish strategy of directing and placing their children into the most profitable professions and maintaining control by placing their children into these money making professions for future generations. The Jews direct their children toward careers that CONTROL and INFLUENCE a society the most; such as finance, law, economics, medicine and the entertainment industries. It's all very calculating and something any group of people could achieve, IF their main objective was to financially or economically CONTROL a nation. JMHO.
I think you got it just about right.
Should a society allow one section to have such financial and influential control in many vital streams?

Old 04-18-2014, 06:49 AM

646 posts, read 926,760 times
If we take genes and smarts out of the equation, since its not proven, a good explanation cud be that jews been persecuted so much for so long, they developed good survival instincts, such as cunning, prudence and resourcefulness. Combine that with strong family values and drive for education and better life, and that could be responsible for their disproportional success.

Old 04-18-2014, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-UK View Post
I think you got it just about right.
Should a society allow one section to have such financial and influential control in many vital streams?
Good question with no simple answer. I am of the opinion that the majority group of a nation should have the right to maintain control of their nation, without oppressing and infringing the rights of the minority population. Otherwise, you have situations where the small minority group controls the the country, e.g. South Africa. In the case of the Jews, there are some nations that will not allow them in, because they know the history of Jews controlling, influencing and financially dominating nations.

Old 04-18-2014, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlite View Post
all groups wanna control and dominate, jus look at history and wars
I disagree. I believe there are groups of people that just want to immigrate to a nation, be law abiding citizens, raise their children to be educated and contribute to society, without the motive of wanting to dominate and control a nation financially, economically and culturally.

Old 04-18-2014, 07:17 AM

9,779 posts, read 15,793,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
I disagree. I believe there are groups of people that just want to immigrate to a nation, be law abiding citizens, raise their children to be educated and contribute to society, without the motive of wanting to dominate and control a nation financially, economically and culturally.
There is no systematic desire to control society on the part of the Jews as a whole. People trying to get ahead - make a living, not be persecuted, yes - no different than other well-educated people in the United States. There is no industry in the US that is closed off to any culture, religion, race, etc.

In over 200 years as a nation, over 99% of the US presidents have been white, protestant men. One could say that protestant men are trying to get into careers that control and influence society.

In over 200 years there have been 8 Jewish supreme court justices. Until 1967 all were Caucasians of European heritage. Since then, only two other non-white Justices have been appointed. One could say, Caucasian Europeans are trying to control and influence society.

Old 04-18-2014, 07:25 AM

684 posts, read 869,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Well, there are both advantages and disadvantages to the "Tiger Mom" model... I haven't read that book yet, but saw the effects up close & personal throughout my school years. Yes, it does lead to an overall higher level of success and/or educational attainment. But at what cost? Sometimes there is no cost to speak of, and on the other end of the spectrum you've got SERIOUS consequences. One of my classmates killed himself partly (from what we know) because he was rejected at the top colleges - another had a nervous breakdown during an AP exam, another had a crying fit in class over a B+, etc.

Not to toot our own horns, but I personally think the "Jewish model" is slightly better in the long run. We are encouraged and/or expected to achieve higher education, but generally with less pressure than I saw with my Asian friends and classmates. My parents were basically like "You're going to college, hopefully grad school too, and we're happy to pay for it! But we don't care where you go to school, what you do with the degree/s, and straight A's aren't required as long as you graduate." Or something like that.

I can't say that I ever recall hearing or reading about the "Jewish model" you depict. Still, if I could chose to be raised under one of these two models, I would choose your Jewish model, because it seems to me that it offers more freedom (liberty).

Old 04-18-2014, 07:30 AM

646 posts, read 926,760 times
Jewish model sounds good, but it needs to emphasize sports and physical side more, along with everything else. Too many American jews are soft. Look at the Israeli jews, they go hard. Im from Russia where we had some hard jews too.

Old 04-18-2014, 07:42 AM

684 posts, read 869,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
There is no systematic desire to control society on the part of the Jews as a whole. People trying to get ahead - make a living, not be persecuted, yes - no different than other well-educated people in the United States. There is no industry in the US that is closed off to any culture, religion, race, etc.

In over 200 years as a nation, over 99% of the US presidents have been white, protestant men. One could say that protestant men are trying to get into careers that control and influence society.

In over 200 years there have been 8 Jewish supreme court justices. Until 1967 all were Caucasians of European heritage. Since then, only two other non-white Justices have been appointed. One could say, Caucasian Europeans are trying to control and influence society.
If you were to look up who are the CEO's of the major content providing firms (influential) on TV, such as: ABC, NBC, CBS, Disney, CNN, Fox, MSNBC et al, what would you expect to find?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates