Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 05:14 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,791,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Perhaps this has something to do with it.

There is a strong correlation between intelligence and wealth.
No offense, but the conclusions of this book seem to be suspiciously racist to me. For instance, take a look at this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IQ_and...lth_of_Nations

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:N...Inequality.png

The results of this book suggest that there appears to be a strong correlation between race and IQ. Other than for Asians, this map appears to show that the less White/light-skinned a country is, the worse its average IQ is.

Plus, this also raises the question of whether or not IQ tests are genuinely useful in regards to determining one's intelligence.

Old 04-14-2014, 05:24 PM

684 posts, read 868,442 times
If Jews are, in fact, much smarter than others on average, then is this not dispositive proof that "The Bell Curve" (racial differences in inherent IQ) was and is true too?

The Bell Curve - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-14-2014, 05:37 PM

20,124 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
No offense, but the conclusions of this book seem to be suspiciously racist to me. For instance, take a look at this:

The results of this book suggest that there appears to be a strong correlation between race and IQ. Other than for Asians, this map appears to show that the less White/light-skinned a country is, the worse its average IQ is.

Plus, this also raises the question of whether or not IQ tests are genuinely useful in regards to determining one's intelligence.
IQ is a combination of nature and nurture. Those countries in red are also nations that often have high infant mortality rates, poor hygiene, food scarcity, poor health care, and little to no free public education - and that isn't even taking into account the ones where the citizens live in terror because of war. If a person spends their infancy and childhood being malnourished it should be of no surprise that it might impact their IQ.

I honestly don't know why we as a nation can accept that some people are just more talented than others in just about every area but intelligence. We can also accept that many of these talents and skills can be inherited - but again, not intelligence.

Oh, and my ancestors came from one of those red countries - just not sure which one. My IQ is not lacking. And, ask any teacher who some of their very best, most intellegent students are - if they have children of African immigrants, they will be on the list.

Old 04-14-2014, 06:00 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,941,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wudge View Post
When 2% of the population comprises 35% of the richest people, I have to think that there is something that group of people is doing something very significant that is different than the remainder.

As I said in my original post, I don't understand what they are doing different. How one thinks and acts (as you put it) could well be part of it. Nonetheless, they are clearly incredibly successful and I would think other less successful groups and/or families could benefit from understanding the "how" and then try to reproduce that success for their children and people.
IQ testing has repeatedly and consistently found Ashkenazi Jews to be the demographic grouping that scores the highest on IQ tests. Obviously, there are other factors at play, but intelligence is a huge predictor of professional success.

Raw heritable, genetic intelligence would also explain why their success is not reproducible. There are a lot of political taboos that discourage people from saying so, but wealth and success are (at least part) impacted by genetic traits.

Quote:

Consider the next questions without concern for political correctness, morals or ethics: What if the truth is "racist"? Doesn't it make sense that the countries with a greater proportion of people with a higher IQ are going to be more wealthy? Even if you go back to the days of slavery and colonization, isn't it logical that the more intelligent would enslave or exploit the less intelligent?

Old 04-14-2014, 07:26 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,788,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tairos View Post
On the other hand, disproportionate white gentile success is due to oppression and couldn't possibly ever be deserved.
I think you may misunderstand the meaning of "disproportionate".

If a certain group represents 2% of the general population, but 35% of the subset, that group is overly disproportionate in number.

On the other hand, what is the proportion of white gentiles in the general population? 75% maybe? So if that subgroup is 65% of the subset, then they are under represented disproportionately.

As the article itself doesnt say if any blacks or hispanics are on the list, it is difficult to draw any further conclusions.

Old 04-14-2014, 07:33 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,904,464 times
The secret or no so secret to the Jews success is the fact that

a. Jews that immigrated here in the late 1800s were city dwellers while the other immigrant groups were country folks (Irish & Italians).

b. the emphasis on education has been strong since before being overeducated was correlated with being financially successful.

The Jews that immgrated here are so successful because they were used to city life and dealing with survival and doing business. The immigrants that came over at the same time were country folks who maybe weren't as business or education minded.

Its kind of like a lot of the immigrants you see today from Latin America and Asia. The ones from rural areas progress and gain wealth more slowly than the ones from urban areas who are quicker to seek education or jump into business endeavors.

Old 04-14-2014, 07:37 PM

5,177 posts, read 4,788,644 times
Quote:
When I was in college in the late 60's, the psych professor whose class I was taking, talked about intelligence and IQ testing and results.

If I recall correctly, studies at the time showed that Jewish people as a whole had a generally higher IQ than whites, with a higher mean and few standard deviations (tighter bell curve) Blacks came in third, but the mean was weighted towards the high end of the curve, meaning the more intelligent blacks were clustered nearer to the higher end and there was a long tail almost flat tail leading to the low end.

I'm pretty sure I am remembering that correctly.

Quote:
That same professor suggested that IQ is what IQ tests measure. My corollary to that is that if I were to take an IQ test written in Swahili and test my knowledge of slash and burn agriculture and the cultivation of tapioca and manioc and herding cattle, I would probably test as a dunce at best. In those days, IQ tests had question like "what is the apocrypha" and other white Christian middle class and prep school curriculum questions.

Old 04-14-2014, 07:57 PM

19,014 posts, read 27,562,983 times
A race that has survived almost unchanged from a distant past is the Jewish. It lives on because the desires of the doers re-existing in it were and are for the earth and things of the earth. The race as a whole worships one of the earth spirits as its God, with more or less loyalty. Therefore money, things of earthly value and fecundity, together with sensuous enjoyment of them, are its rewards from the God it worships. Its desires and thinking for these things are undivided. Its desires compelling the thinking are the worship. Other earth races have looked to a heaven, and to honor, valor and purity as ends in themselves and so have divided their desires and therefore have not worshipped the earth god with all their heart and desire and mind as the Jews have sometimes done. Not only does this earth god reward them for their worship, but it avenges them. The racial traits are so strong because of this worship, that they persist without a racial country and without subdivisions into the usual racial nationalities. Jews take the nationality of that country in which they live.
This shows that their God is no longer local as tribal spirits usually are, but is of a somewhat universal character. This spirit has many tribes, but that tribe which remains while others disappear is the one that is closest to the earth and single in its worship of the things of the earth, procreation, money and possessions.

HW percival, Thinking and Destiny.
This explains several things.
1. How they accomplished what some call "success", as it's debatable to be a true success. It explains it as they are all united by same god, and their faith in same god, and their worship in same god.
2. It explains their "success" as they think, behave, act, stick together the same way, united by same faith and worship, no matter where they are. They FEEL each other, and don't even hide that, they joke about this off stage.
3. It explains their success, as they support each other, esp in matters of their worship, such as money and gain.
As their god is money and gain, and the name to it is Mammon. That is the god Moses was punishing them for. But they took on their own route.

Old 04-14-2014, 08:04 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,766,785 times
I don't think that, as a whole, we Jews are actually smarter than core-group Northwest European Whites. And, a lot of our smarts came from them. After all, the smartest among us come from the lands of the Vikings and Normans. Semitic Alleles plus Norse Alleles... There wasn't much intermarriage. But there was enough. The fact that Bill Gates and the Waltons got so rich tells me a lot. Let's remember that MOST of the richest people in America are NOT Jews.

I skimmed-over a book about Episcopalians, once. They (back then, at least) were a tad smarter, and a whole lot richer, than are we.

But the fact is that average White Americans HANDICAP their children with irrelevancies. They don't realize that they're doing it, though. They come from traditions wherein a powerful few keep the masses down. After all: in a society where everybody had so much potential, it was necessary to stunt the majority of people, in order that they might become the subjects/labor/serfs of the Precious Few (the Nobility). I think the churches were instrumental in creating these norms. And once the norms were established, they were not questioned.

Sheena has some wonderful points in her post. Particularly important is her point about Jews not burdening/excusing their kids with useless platitudes about "whatever makes you happy". So many traditional White Gentile institutions and traditions are predicated upon keeping kids little. By contrast, I have a Chinese friend who was working the cash register at the family's grocery, when she was barely big enough to stand on a stool and work the keys. She's smart. But I bet she was no smarter than blond toddlers I've seen. The difference is that my Chinese friend was encouraged to gain competencies and do practical things, at an age when White kids were being "watched" and basically discouraged/forbidden to do anything of any value. Most Gentiles half-a-generation older than me were not even taught numbers or the Alphabet until first grade. Instead, their brains were addled by all manner of idiotic nonsense geared toward the Lowest Common Denominator. If they'd grown up around their parents, like on family farms, they would have learned as toddlers. Instead, they were stuck in nursery schools and kindergartens - or given to maids to raise, which meant being stuck in front of the television, while Bertha watched her 'stories'.

Anyway, if someone wants to replicate Jewish success, it's simple to get sperm from a donor with a genius IQ, and let the resultant kid (rather than force him to) learn, without sidetracking him with irrelevancies. Like Sheena says (and we did), take the kids to museums instead of to theme parks. And keep them away from stupid people who will persecute them for being smart.

Old 04-14-2014, 08:16 PM

821 posts, read 1,099,891 times
Quote:
It's not suggested. It's true. Some African countries have average IQ's in the 70's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates