Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2018, 10:00 PM

50,831 posts, read 24,347,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieSkoon View Post
Yep. I think that's fair, honestly. Respect the laws of where you're going. Be smarter than what you're working with and take a little responsibility for your actions in a foreign land.
What is wrong with you?
No one is saying that people shouldn't respect the laws of where you're going.
No one is saying that people shouldn't take a little responsibility for their actions in a foreign country.

But does that mean that you should be shot to death if you don't respect a law?
Does that mean that you should be shot to death if you're irresponsible?
Is there such a thing as the punishment reflecting the crime?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2018, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Originally Posted by CALGUY
I have long advocated that the military be armed, and placed on the southern border, with orders to shoot to kill.
I also have stated in the past, that billboards be placed every 300 yards, stating in big,bold words, in Spanish, "IF YOU ENTER THE UNITED STATES ILLEGALLY, YOU WILL BE SHOT, AND GO HOME IN A BODY BAG, NO EXCEPTIONS".

Now what part of the words, "Southern border" do you not see, or understand?
I said nothing about visa overstays.

Bob.
If you visa overstay you are breaking the immigration laws.

Old 04-07-2018, 10:10 PM

8,558 posts, read 10,984,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
If you visa overstay you are breaking the immigration laws.
Here is the title of this thread, written by the op.
How Should The Border Crisis Be Resolved? A Wall? The National Guard? Deportment? ... What Would You Do?

It ask nothing about visa overstays, just the border itself, and that is what I answered too.

Bob.

Old 04-07-2018, 10:23 PM

4,409 posts, read 6,547,174 times
Quote:
What is wrong with you?
No one is saying that people shouldn't respect the laws of where you're going.
No one is saying that people shouldn't take a little responsibility for their actions in a foreign country.

But does that mean that you should be shot to death if you don't respect a law?
Does that mean that you should be shot to death if you're irresponsible?
Is there such a thing as the punishment reflecting the crime?
There's a difference between breaking a law in one's own country, and illegally entering a foreign country. If I crossed the border into Mexico illegally I would expect to be in immediate danger until I either returned or met my end. It is a relatively hostile border between two countries that generally do not get along very well and I expect of both myself and everybody else to think before acting.

There is a legal avenue in and that should be the one any crosser takes in either direction.

If the border legally becomes fluid? Fine. Cross at will in safety. However, that isn't the case, so follow the rules or forfeit and get out of the gene pool.

Do not conflate domestic crime with illegal entry into a foreign nation to push your narrative.

Old 04-08-2018, 10:45 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,542,455 times
Train and hire more people for the border portal it creates JOBS! Scary thought. Easy enough fix to easy to some people to wrap their mind around.

Old 04-08-2018, 02:12 PM

8,558 posts, read 10,984,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Train and hire more people for the border portal it creates JOBS! Scary thought. Easy enough fix to easy to some people to wrap their mind around.
The liberals can't understand one word in the sentence you wrote.
The are dead set against anything that hinders illegals from coming into this country.

Bob.

Old 04-08-2018, 02:34 PM

423 posts, read 289,230 times
We can't fix Mexico and Central America. I live in Texas. And heck yes a border wall. Its walled part of the way already. The drugs are just streaming in here, the criminals and people with no marketable skills. Every truck and train car coming in to this country must be scanned and examined. Have you ever seen the TV program Border Patrol? That's what its like. Yes we need workers but the simple E Verify program would make illegal immigration not profitable for either workers or employers. If you want to move here immigrate the legal way like everybody else did.

Old 04-08-2018, 02:36 PM

423 posts, read 289,230 times
Quote:
The reason the wall will be less than the solution Donnie thinks it will be is a modern new technology called -- ready for it -- boats. It would be an incredibly easy trip from the coast of Mexico to the coast of Texas. In fact, probably easier than smuggling people across a dessert. I'm surprised it isn't done more often.
That's what the Coast Guard is for.

Old 04-08-2018, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
The liberals can't understand one word in the sentence you wrote.
The are dead set against anything that hinders illegals from coming into this country.

Bob.
Well, I'm liberal, and as usual, you're wrong.

1. I have no problem with the military patrolling the border. In fact, it makes sense.
2. I'm not necessarily opposed to the wall, if we were given HONEST information about its cost, who's going to pay for it (cause it ain't gonna be Mexico), and how they will also solve the problem of immigrants simply being smuggled in by boat.
3. I'm all for the criminal prosecution of Americans who knowingly hire illegals.
4. I'm all for totally deporting all gang members and other illegals who commit serious felonies.

Old 04-08-2018, 04:58 PM

10,473 posts, read 4,046,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire and Ice View Post
Nothing, As I don't believe there is really that much of a crisis since the media hypes everything.

I also do not support a wall UNLESS there is one on Canada's border too(and there's not)
You have a point. I bet there would be a higher chance of a terrorist or radical coming to the USA to do harm from the Canadian side than the Mexican side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates