Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 05:14 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,371,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
Exactly. Great description!

I just smoked this Sat and I'm STILL hazy now. It feels like I'm mentally exhausted and I'm just slow mentally and have a hard time quickly recalling what I just did. Math is especially more difficult and slower than it should be and normally is. And this is 2 days afterwards, with adequate 8 hours of rest each night afterwards.

I find the hangover lasts soooo long, even if it isn't that intense. I'm done with MJ for a while cause I hate this lethargic, slow, tired feeling. I've never really had a alcohol hangover because I've never drunk a ton at once and I've always been hydrated. I have been really tired though because I haven't been able to sleep after being drunk though. As long as you drink nonsweet drinks before evening time (so you can sleep at night) in moderately light qualities on an empty stomach (speeds up coming up and going down) not on a regular occasion, I find alcohol superior.

And smoking burns your throat.
Your experience is no doubt to lack of experience or BAD Weed..which inherently consists of so many things which takes so long to get detoxed out of your system..Good Pot/Smoke direct affects is usually out of your system within the first 5-8 hours depending on your metabolism..and for sure NEVER mix it with ETOCH ( Alcohol) as it can be potentiated both sides..and often makes one very sick to stomach!!

Ohh yeah..have something in your stomach as well helps your metabolism to process it as well..BUT necessary when used for medicinal purposes!! Loads of rational for that..But those who avail of Medical Marijuana when undergoing Chemo can explain better than I ever could..All I could give would be anecdotal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Rediculous that I can have a fentanyl patch on as well as ingest 300 ml of tramadol and 4mgs of hydromorphone daily, and there's no questions asked...I can drive all day if I want...... But lord help me if I smoke some marijuana.
Most people are on some kind of doctor prescribed drug...look at the side effects of these chemical synthetic pharmacy drugs, then tell me they're not more damaging than a natural, wonderful herb that not only has been proven to have huge anti inflammatory properties, but also causes cancerous cells to kill themselves off while leaving healthy cells untouched. ....
So yes OP, marijuana REALLY IS harmless....and if you're worried about your lungs, there's other ways to imbibe.....eatings good.
However..experiences can be anecdotal..and it cannot be verified as usual or factual since there is no real way to verify all the other influences which can cause bad experiences.

Personally..I didn't like it..tried it..had ONE bad experience..and for the past 40 years never touched it..tho professionally witnessed positive affects..yet legally wasn't legal until the past decade or so under some circumstances..So Professionally, I never wanted to avail of recreational things that could ever cause a threat to my career..Easy Peezy decision...LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by StAcKhOuSe View Post
find some better weed or smoke less. maybe you're smoking catnip or something.
Yep..Think you identified the issue..Better to have regulation and controls to make sure whatever you smoke is clean and at code for whatever is purchased..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Cells View Post
Putting smoke, ANY kind of smoke into your lungs is un-healthful and totally detrimental.
Of Course..But Weed doesn't have to be smoked..and Cancer Marijuana has been so well defined that THC isn't even in the treatment..Only the "Good Stuff" which calms those seizures that conventional meds end up NOT controlling and causing so many side affects for those afflicted..Especially the Kids!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2015, 07:28 AM

50,748 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Cells View Post
Putting smoke, ANY kind of smoke into your lungs is un-healthful and totally detrimental.
Yes, that is why vaping has become so popular. There is no longer any need to put smoke in your lungs to use mj.

Old 12-07-2015, 09:46 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,276,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
MJ is not harmless......just ask those that indulged early and then later died after using harder drugs. You have to crawl before walking....just look at the celebrities that have died early in life and those who are bound to follow.
key words being..."died after using harder drugs".

What's that got to do with MJ????

You can't blame MJ for the poor choices people make in life....and if you consider it a "gateway" drug to harder drugs...that's crazy. I know many people (myself included) who've indulged in MJ almost daily, and have made the choice...easy one..NOT to partake of the synthetic and very dangerous drugs the pharmacies come out with....yes, people DO die from prescription drug (hard drug) overdoses...not just addicts on the street.
People will ALWAYS die of drug overdoses from harder drugs...that's a chance they take, ...it's got absolutely NOTHING to do with enjoying an occasional all natural joint.
People should feel good about smoking/eating pot...the PROVEN medical benefits are astounding.

Last edited by purehuman; 12-07-2015 at 09:56 AM..

Old 12-07-2015, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Yes, that is why vaping has become so popular. There is no longer any need to put smoke in your lungs to use mj.
better still....eat it. Cook up a batch of wonderful brownies...beats smoking it anyday.

Old 12-07-2015, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post

The real reason weed is illegal? No one could figure out how to tax it.

The end.
Bingo...
I'm sure the big pharma comps also would do everything within their powers to keep it illegal...
Can't have people curing themselves now, can we....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates