Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 06:22 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,519,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerman View Post
I see this young mother wheeling her deformed child around and that young mother always has a look on her face of sadness. Of course she wanted a healthy young child but now has to put up with that kid that she has to dress, feed, bathe, and do everything for on into old age. It saddens me to see this. Why can't she have that child put to sleep and have another kid that might be a healthy one. Better for everyone including society.

THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!!!

She probably could of had the baby aborted. But she chose to keep it. What's it to you anyway? How is euthanizing deformed babies better for society? A deformed body doesn't mean a deformed mind. I had a friend who had spinabiffida. That guy kicked azz. Upbeat, smart, guy did karate in a wheelchair. Never wanted anyone to feel pity tor him. Had a job, drove, cooked he could pretty much do everything you or I could as limited as he was. I had more respect for him than a lot if able body people. Sadly he passed away but throughout his trials he never gave in. Do you think we should kill Steven Hawkings because he's now deformed? How is he a detriment to our society? What makes us a society is compassion for those weaker than us. Don't you know anything?

Old 12-18-2015, 06:39 PM

50,777 posts, read 24,289,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerman View Post
Being slow learners and horribly crippled are two different things.
For over 5 years I taught in a school that included a wing for the physically handicapped. Name a physically handicapping condition from muscular dystrophy to spina bifida, from severe burns over the entire body to the point of burned off ears and fingers to skull/facial deformations, and we worked with those kids and loved them. But you just wanna kill 'em.

Old 12-18-2015, 08:52 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,779,272 times
Thread has largely become 1 line posts and directed at the OP directly rather than the topic.

Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates