Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 01:40 PM

19,088 posts, read 27,667,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Better yet, send all those who's grandparents weren't born her back where they came from. Those who are refugees - give them a rifle and 200 rounds and wish them luck.

What would happen? Well they could stop sending our money out of the country in remittance. They could direct their efforts to getting rid of their despotic rulers. Those people who we did allow to emigrate would be people we NEED, not those who take our jobs and work cheaper - not talking sugarcane cutters, but IT professionals from India who work for one half of american wages.

Like my IT job - I made $125 per hour - outsourced to India - base pay there, $10.00
We talking immigrants (not emigrants) IN this country. Not outsourced jobs. Anywhere I look around there is Indian banker or doctor or business owner. Anywhere I look around there is Asian doctor or Silicone Valley type.
USA at its immigration policy pursued two goals:
1. open doors for Jews to come in, piggybacking other immigration quota
2. turn USA into one huge melting pot, to develop a new race of humans. That being mix of all races.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2016, 01:42 PM

19,088 posts, read 27,667,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackmondual View Post
Well, then America wouldn't really be America anymore wouldn't it?
No. Plans are for years to unite Canada, USA and Mexico into one Pan American state. With little effort you can dig out maps of that future world.

Old 03-27-2016, 01:47 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,505,417 times
The big issue for First World countries is whether the fertility rate would rise or continue to fall. Japan has near zero immigration and fertility rates having risen but continue to fall, causing a net population loss of 1 million in the past few years. Without many young workers paying into the welfare system the whole program collapses into debt. Many American conservatives believe fertility rates would rise if most welfare programs were ended and people had to get married and have children to create their own safety net, which was the norm until the 1960s.

The reality is immigration is good for the economy but bad for political stability / national unity. There is no perfect answer.

Old 03-27-2016, 03:42 PM

545 posts, read 595,763 times
Quote:
Better yet, send all those who's grandparents weren't born her back where they came from. Those who are refugees - give them a rifle and 200 rounds and wish them luck.

What would happen? Well they could stop sending our money out of the country in remittance. They could direct their efforts to getting rid of their despotic rulers. Those people who we did allow to emigrate would be people we NEED, not those who take our jobs and work cheaper - not talking sugarcane cutters, but IT professionals from India who work for one half of american wages.

Like my IT job - I made $125 per hour - outsourced to India - base pay there, $10.00

Stopping immigration is NOT going to stop companies from outsourcing jobs to other countries if it makes both business and economic sense. If a company can get the same type of productivity/service from a $30K a year employee in India versus a $100K in the USA....well DUH!

Old 03-27-2016, 04:08 PM

1,425 posts, read 1,389,050 times
It might bee to late to think about it. Both US and Europe (especially Europe) bit more than it can digest. The degradation of EU and USA can be stopped only if both not only stop taking more people in, but will quickly, efficiently, and with excessive media support throw away immigrants who show no desire to abide law, earn their own income, intake local culture, and integrate.

Old 03-27-2016, 08:59 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,935,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devlost View Post
Say hypothetically both Europe and America made it so in no way shape or form people from third world countries could come over even to the extent any trying to come here in boats for example when told to go away and they didn't got shot at/blown up what would happen?

To some it may seem very heartless but considering they are nothing less than a drain on our resources and bring with them crime and beliefs/traditions completely incompatible with the way 1st world countries operate would it not in the long run be best?

There are enough straw men here to feed a 2000-acre ranch of cattle.

Nothing less than a drain on resources? Crime? Their beliefs and traditions are incompatible with ours? I was born in India, a third world country. I currently employ people at my business here in North America. I pay taxes. I have never been involved in crime, never done drugs (not even pot) or been drunk, never had even a DUI (unlike most American college students, who have a far more questionable record). Why don't we begin with the deportations of everyone here who has smoked pot or driven drunk or got a speeding ticket? I stand on a higher pedestal than all these people.

Incompatible? Let's see, I am pro-LGBT rights, pro-secularism, pro-women's rights and pro-abortion. All of that is indirectly influenced by my Hindu upbringing and philosophy which can be condensed into this sentence: "Don't interfere in other people's lives".

Perhaps you've got the entire Third World mixed up with Islamic countries, a very specific subset of the Third World. As of now, your post not only comes across as arrogant and racist, but also extremely ignorant of the facts. The Third World is not a monolithic entity. Islamic culture is nothing like Hindu culture, and both are different from Christian culture. All three religions (and others) are represented in the Third World.

I should mention that the most successful ethnic groups in the United States, in terms of education and finances, are Indian-Americans and Jewish-Americans. These groups are also the least represented amongst criminals.

Old 03-27-2016, 09:01 PM

465 posts, read 608,462 times
Well I know what would happen in the U.S.

What would happen is that the Democrats would have fewer people to promise free housing, free education, free medical care, affirmative action, disability payments and various other entitlements. Democrats wouldn't know what to do with themselves if they had fewer people to give all the costly benefits that they make working Americans fund. Vote democratic and we'll give you all this, plus a pony, so long as you are an illegal immigrant! We'll just make European-Americans and Asian-Americans pay for it! We'll make special quotas for you by calling you diverse! We'll just take the spots away from Caucasians and Asians!

Old 03-27-2016, 09:07 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,935,243 times
Quote:
but IT professionals from India who work for one half of american wages.

Those are temporary workers, not immigrants. That has nothing to do with the topic at all. Get rid of the H1B program - that would fix your problem. Now, can we get back on topic?

Old 03-27-2016, 09:36 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,393,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devlost View Post
Say hypothetically both Europe and America made it so in no way shape or form people from third world countries could come over even to the extent any trying to come here in boats for example when told to go away and they didn't got shot at/blown up what would happen?

To some it may seem very heartless but considering they are nothing less than a drain on our resources and bring with them crime and beliefs/traditions completely incompatible with the way 1st world countries operate would it not in the long run be best?
Obviously, it would be extremely beneficial for Europe and America. Ultimately, it's also beneficial for the world as a whole.

Old 03-27-2016, 11:02 PM

3,158 posts, read 6,131,592 times
First of all, immigration built the United States, and immigration will save the United States.

Immigrants have always been portrayed as the boogeyman who bring crime and disease, who are lazy and shiftless, and who bring crime and chaos to our country. However, immigrants are more likely to start a business than native-born Americans - Immigrants (13% of the population) started just over 28% of all new businesses in 2015.

And study after study has debunked the crime argument, the lazy argument and more -- check out these immigration facts.

It is not the immigrants who are the problem, it is the Americans who need an attitude change. Every kid gets a trophy, grade inflation is rampant, and parents think their children are all unique snowflakes. Kids need to recapture the edge we once had or they will continue to lose out to the immigrants who don't take for granted the wonderful country that we have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates