Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 09:47 PM

171 posts, read 142,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devlost View Post
Say hypothetically both Europe and America made it so in no way shape or form people from third world countries could come over even to the extent any trying to come here in boats for example when told to go away and they didn't got shot at/blown up what would happen?

To some it may seem very heartless but considering they are nothing less than a drain on our resources and bring with them crime and beliefs/traditions completely incompatible with the way 1st world countries operate would it not in the long run be best?
I assume you are of " Northern European " descent and see yourself as a rightful heir to America and everything good it has to offer. You think that this country was built just for your kind and anybody who does not meet your approved criteria should be sent back.

I would also assume that you are a member of Stormfront or another such nonsense website.

So , here it is. I am from " northern India" , of Punjabi descent ( google it if you don't know what that means ).

I immigrated to this country about 4 years ago.

Here is my rebuttal to you my dear friend - " This country is mine ". Simple as that. You want me gone. Make a move. Stop posting these stupid threads from your mother's basement and make a move.

Also , nobody gives a **** about your " IT " job. You lost your pathetic livelihood to an H1b visa immigrant from India. Tough luck. That H1b visa immigrant was smarter than you and worked the system to his/her advantage. Social darwinism . Google it.

Have a nice day.

Last edited by dude5568; 03-28-2016 at 10:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2016, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_gardener View Post
There are enough straw men here to feed a 2000-acre ranch of cattle.

Nothing less than a drain on resources? Crime? Their beliefs and traditions are incompatible with ours? I was born in India, a third world country. I currently employ people at my business here in North America. I pay taxes. I have never been involved in crime, never done drugs (not even pot) or been drunk, never had even a DUI (unlike most American college students, who have a far more questionable record). Why don't we begin with the deportations of everyone here who has smoked pot or driven drunk or got a speeding ticket? I stand on a higher pedestal than all these people.

Incompatible? Let's see, I am pro-LGBT rights, pro-secularism, pro-women's rights and pro-abortion. All of that is indirectly influenced by my Hindu upbringing and philosophy which can be condensed into this sentence: "Don't interfere in other people's lives".

Perhaps you've got the entire Third World mixed up with Islamic countries, a very specific subset of the Third World. As of now, your post not only comes across as arrogant and racist, but also extremely ignorant of the facts. The Third World is not a monolithic entity. Islamic culture is nothing like Hindu culture, and both are different from Christian culture. All three religions (and others) are represented in the Third World.

I should mention that the most successful ethnic groups in the United States, in terms of education and finances, are Indian-Americans and Jewish-Americans. These groups are also the least represented amongst criminals.
I like your well written post but it is not strong enough.

You are justifying your presence in America and giving this creep a position "above you". You are being apologetic in the sense that this poster can " question " your presence in this country and you have to come up with reasons that you are one of the " good ones " and should be allowed to stay.

Do you think this poster will ever justify his/her being american to you ? Do you think he/she gives a damn what you think ?

This crap has been going on for more than 300 years now and every-time a horrible person like this OP is not pushed back , we allow it to continue.

Old 03-28-2016, 10:12 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,929,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhms View Post
What makes you think that?
I don't "think" it. It's a fact. Read the news - Japan's economy has been imploding for years now.

Old 03-28-2016, 10:15 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,929,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude5568 View Post
I like your well written post but it is not strong enough.

You are justifying your presence in America and giving this creep a position "above you". You are being apologetic in the sense that this poster can " question " your presence in this country and you have to come up with reasons that you are one of the " good ones " and should be allowed to stay.

Do you think this poster will ever justify his/her being american to you ? Do you think he/she gives a damn what you think ?

This crap has been going on for more than 300 years now and every-time a horrible person like this OP is not pushed back , we allow it to continue.
True. I noticed that OP didn't have the decency to return and apologize for his/her stupid comments, which effectively means they understood what I said. These people are truly clueless because they keep chasing a European identity which was never theirs to begin with. I have many European friends and they remind me every day that they are not Americans and have nothing in common with Americans. Why do so many Americans try to chase the European identity?

Old 03-28-2016, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic_gardener View Post
True. I noticed that OP didn't have the decency to return and apologize for his/her stupid comments, which effectively means they understood what I said. These people are truly clueless because they keep chasing a European identity which was never theirs to begin with. I have many European friends and they remind me every day that they are not Americans and have nothing in common with Americans. Why do so many Americans try to chase the European identity?
It's an interesting sociological phenomenon. It's when the achievements of a small number of people are "piggy-backed" by a much larger number of people to compensate for their massive inferiority complex. It's kinda like when people take pride in the achievements of their distant ancestors.
This particular poster is probably a ditch digger and suffers from poverty/poor health/drugs/lives in a crime infested neighborhood. He/she has nothing else to hang on to than that vague " white american " identity to prop up their self esteem. Without that , they have nothing else. It's pathetic .

Old 03-29-2016, 01:18 AM

6,475 posts, read 4,077,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildColonialGirl View Post
Japan is world renowned for its racism. Why do you think they're trying too invent companionship and nursing robots other than being too racist to allow immigrants in to help run the country when the ethnically Japanese people die out.
I wouldn't call that racism as it isn't as much thinking your better than everyone in every which way than thinking of Japan s for Japanese. I wouldn't call it racism, as Japan hates/ doesn't want immigrant backgrounds equally so their isn't really a superior vibe as it isn't even based on race as it is on ethnicity. Like the anti-Korean and the anti-Chinese sentiment their both Asians yet a portion of society that is anti-immigrant call them out on bringing crime as well as other things. While in the U.S. you would never hear crime and Chinese/Korean guy or gal in the same sentence.

Japan is burying it's own hole, as no one including Russia had really reversed the fertility rate crisis across the modern world.

Old 03-29-2016, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude5568 View Post
It's an interesting sociological phenomenon. It's when the achievements of a small number of people are "piggy-backed" by a much larger number of people to compensate for their massive inferiority complex. It's kinda like when people take pride in the achievements of their distant ancestors.
This particular poster is probably a ditch digger and suffers from poverty/poor health/drugs/lives in a crime infested neighborhood. He/she has nothing else to hang on to than that vague " white american " identity to prop up their self esteem. Without that , they have nothing else. It's pathetic .
Agreed, although I wouldn't be as brutal. In my grade's class rank the number 1 person is of African origin (Parents are from Nigeria), The number two person is a White guy with a Cherokee mix, he is nice.The thing that annoys me is when people try to say that because this inventor was white etc. they are more superior yet grades wise their sitting at the middle or close to the bottom of the food chain. If your going to claim your superiority, why do it when even in the class rank the number one person isn't white and you yourself are under dozens of minority students from across the world. Now not to take away their have been lots of great inventors who are white but don't try to say they were great inventors because of their skin color or better yet live in the past and try to use scientific racism from the 1700's and 1800's to your benefit. Your an individual.

Old 03-29-2016, 04:23 AM

1,133 posts, read 1,350,896 times
"Why do so many Americans try to chase the European identity?"

"Do not try to understand them because they (we) are a breed-apart".

Best quote ever, spoken by actor Daniel Day Lewis in 'The Last Mohican'.

Old 03-29-2016, 04:47 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,179,752 times
A realignment of immigration is long overdue with few if any immigrants from failed 3rd world nations. A focus on high skilled, educated immigrants, limited to prevent brain drain, and from like cultures. 100,000 Western European immigrants is a much better idea than 1 million 3rd world immigrants.

Old 03-29-2016, 06:39 AM

You can say that but I don't know if their is 100,000 highly educated Europesns willing to likely lower their QOL to live in the U.S. Now Europeans who are poorer in general might want to come but part of the reason why brain drain happens is the Government cannot provide the jobs or the QOL that can sustain a highly educated population so they leave the country and a few of them go back to their home nations to retire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates