Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2017, 05:15 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,033,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame22 View Post
Uh, people in general don't hate gays or any minority for that matter. Some people have read the research and have decided classify transgenderism as a mental disorder, that's all. Doesn't mean they hate them. If you don't understand that then YOU are the small minded one. YOU are the bigot. Sorry if that makes you uncomfortable but it's true
What you say is both untrue and reveals ignorance of history. Plenty of people "back in the day" - and even today - have "proof" that being gay is "a mental disorder / wrong / a sin" or some other crud. They also had "proof" that white people were superior to people of other skin colors. Of course, these days such bigoted reasoning is rightly ridiculed after being proven to be nonsense. So, the haters simply move on to the next available target - transgenders - and wheel out the same nutty nonsense that anything that's not "normal" must be a "mental illness" and thus anything from ostracizing transgender people to outright attacking them or denying them basic rights is acceptable.

People need to mind their own business. Transgender people aren't hurting anyone, and even if their desires aren't "normal," so what? Doing everything from getting a tattoo to shaving your beard isn't "normal" depending upon your culture and definition; people need to grow up and stop looking for lame excuses to attack those who are different.

Old 03-21-2017, 05:20 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,214,700 times
I don't have a problem with other peoples proclivities but I do not necessarily think everything is news worthy.

I also don't think everything should be politicized, and I think that is what turns many people away.

Also, putting your business out there publically is going to get public response. Not every response will be positive, oh well. It comes with the territory.

You cannot expect only your view to be relevant....everyone has a right to their personal views.

Old 03-21-2017, 05:20 AM

1,640 posts, read 794,688 times
I wouldn't use the word disgusted when considering transgender people or people in general for that matter outside those who intentionally harm. I do think this is a male problem, a patriarchy problem, and it's coming at the cost of women's identity, safety, and rights. The very idea of identifying as something you're not as difficult to understand. If you have no experience with something whatsoever then how can you assess if you are experiencing it or not? Can I identify as a 65-year-old brain surgeon because I've watched a few seasons of Grey's Anatomy? Would that make sense? No. It takes quite a bit of real life experience to be a brain surgeon. Everyone knows that. It's no different with anything else. Whatever it is these people are it's impossible to be an identified gender they have never been. I also worry that labeling children as transgender, labeling them as anything, will lead them down a path they might not have been meant to travel.

Old 03-21-2017, 05:30 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
No.

Physical biology is physical biology. Gender is not defined by physical biology.

I'm not "pushing" anything.

I'm merely accepting the idea that people have different experiences about their gender than I do.

From a purely physical perspective, of course.

Again, gender is not defined by physical biology.
Gender was defined by a sexologist John Money, who experimented with children, was a pedophile in his own right and also thought that it was perfectly fine for boys to have sex with men.

But continue to ignore that part of this history.

Here is some more info on Dr. Money's "experiements" with "gender."

While on one of their Dr. Money trips when the twins were age seven, and it was obvious from what Brenda's parents said about her/his masculine behaviour and what Dr. Money could see himself, he began trying to show Brenda/Bruce that she was a girl by showing her how she wasnt a boy. Dr. Money asked seven year old Brenda/Bruce very personal, sexual questions about her/his genitals and how her/his genitals differed from her/his brother Brian's. But Dr. Money didnt stop at pointed questions, he also had both twins strip and forced Brenda/Bruce to view her/his brother's genitals to see how they differ. Then the good Dr. forced naked seven y/o Brenda/Bruce to get down on all fours, then forced naked 7 y/o Brian to mount her/him while simulating a thrusting motion (doggy style sex). All the while Dr. Money took Polaroid pictures of the naked twins simulating sex with each other. Those pictures reside somewhere with Dr. Money's papers at the Kinsey Institute. Dr. Money then instructed the Reimer parents that they should have sex in front of the twins, particularly Brenda/Bruce. When they refused, Dr. Money told Mrs. Reimer she should at least walk around/do her household chores naked in front of Brenda/Bruce to help reinforce Brenda's/Bruce's nurtured gender identity.

FAILED experiment

John Money never acknowledged his Gender Identity theory's failure, even though its failure was solidified in its earliest stages, ie Bruce never acclimated to being Brenda even as a toddler. Instead John Money boasted, published and widely lectured only of his theory's alleged success.

Dr. John Money and the THEORY of Gender Identity-A Postmortem (Part 2) ~ The dirt from Dirt

And his views on homosexual sex with children:

"A childhood sexual experience,” he explained to Time magazine in April 1980, “such as being the partner of a relative or of an older person, need not necessarily affect the child adversely.” He granted an interview to Paidika, a Dutch journal of pedophilia, which carries ads for the North American Man-Boy Love Association and other pro-pedophile groups. “If I were to see the case of a boy aged ten or twelve who’s intensely attracted toward a man in his twenties or thirties, and the relationship is totally mutual, and the bonding is genuinely totally mutual, then I would not call it pathological in any way,” he told the journal, and added, “It’s very important once a relationship has been established on such positive and affectionate grounds that it should not be broken up precipitously.”

That's who defined gender.

Last edited by newtovenice; 03-21-2017 at 05:45 AM..

Old 03-21-2017, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
What you say is both untrue and reveals ignorance of history. Plenty of people "back in the day" - and even today - have "proof" that being gay is "a mental disorder / wrong / a sin" or some other crud. They also had "proof" that white people were superior to people of other skin colors. Of course, these days such bigoted reasoning is rightly ridiculed after being proven to be nonsense. So, the haters simply move on to the next available target - transgenders - and wheel out the same nutty nonsense that anything that's not "normal" must be a "mental illness" and thus anything from ostracizing transgender people to outright attacking them or denying them basic rights is acceptable.

People need to mind their own business. Transgender people aren't hurting anyone, and even if their desires aren't "normal," so what? Doing everything from getting a tattoo to shaving your beard isn't "normal" depending upon your culture and definition; people need to grow up and stop looking for lame excuses to attack those who are different.
When it is being promoted as normal behavior to schoolchildren than yes it is a problem.

Old 03-21-2017, 05:40 AM

Quote:
What rights of the majority are being trumped?
The rights of women.

Old 03-21-2017, 05:51 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,029,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Right. That pedophile is the ONE WHO CREATED THE TERM.

So if you are refusing to research John Money, then you should also reject transgenderism.

See how that works? Sexologist/pedophile creates term, experiments on children. But you don't want to see lalalalalala. And pretend transgenderism is healthy and normal. Riiiiiiiiiight.

John Money. Look it up. Educate yourself so you know what it is that YOU ARE SUPPORTING.

What are you so afraid of?

I do not now and have NEVER supported pedophilia ...... But I do love and support my MTF transgender friends. I have seen their struggles and what they have had to face and can not understand how people can be so hateful......

Well, I do understand that it comes from ignorance and prejudice and fear of the unknown and different........

Old 03-21-2017, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
I do not now and have NEVER supported pedophilia ...... But I do love and support my MTF transgender friends. I have seen their struggles and what they have had to face and can not understand how people can be so hateful......

Well, I do understand that it comes from ignorance and prejudice and fear of the unknown and different........
Maybe for some that's the case, but not all. I have had TG friends in the past. I have a brother who is gay and have fought along side him for his rights. This is a different issue.

Old 03-21-2017, 06:00 AM

Quote:
This is interesting.

My acceptance of those who are transgender has nothing to do with the media, or being "left", or some other bizarro explanation that those who are uncomfortable with my views are likely to proffer. It has to do with actually speaking to those who identify as transgender, reading a whole heck of a lot, and deciding that, yup, I have absolutely no legitimate, rational reason to deny the existence of transgender people.
No one is denying the existence of transgendered people. They are a very VERY small population, as in less than one-half of one percent, despite the media's relentless pushing of them as though they are a majority in this country.

You say you like to read a lot:

Have you read about John Money or asked any transgendered people about him?
What do they think of his experiments?
Do they agree with his stance on pedophilia and child abuse?
Do they agree that parents should have sex in front of the children, like he proposes?
Do they know that Money is who coined the term gender based on his own "research"?

Why are you refusing to acknowledge this "father of the term gender"?

Old 03-21-2017, 06:03 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,248,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I don't have a problem with other peoples proclivities but I do not necessarily think everything is news worthy.

I also don't think everything should be politicized, and I think that is what turns many people away.

Also, putting your business out there publically is going to get public response. Not every response will be positive, oh well. It comes with the territory.

You cannot expect only your view to be relevant....everyone has a right to their personal views.
+1.

And the whole "we want equality"? Then be quiet & get in line like everyone else does. You are not special.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates