Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2017, 04:45 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,207,396 times

Advertisements

when the day comes that junior high age boys .... want to be considered a girl today and do girl sports and share in the locker rooms....then lets see if this is o.k.

all this is going to have un-intended consequences

boys will take over girls sports....either from born boys or from girls trying or transitioning to be boys (think wrestling )

this is for far less than 1% of the population???????? but the other 99% has to agree with it or be deamonized???

I may want to play from the lady's tees in golf this summer...maybe I feel like a woman that day....
I can win all the ladys tournaments... and if anyone disputes or challenges it,,,,they are a closed minded haters.. that's how the arguments are presented

sounds silly??

its a slippery slope...

Old 03-23-2017, 05:13 AM

473 posts, read 307,350 times
I am not disgusted by their existence but I am also worried about some men using this opportunity in the bathrooms. It is not transgenders fault but some men are nasty enough to take advantage of this in the ladies room. I vote yes for transgenders but no for sharing the bathrooms.

Old 03-23-2017, 05:59 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,297,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Just saw this news story on my Facebook feed:
Student Sues After Claiming He Changed In Front Of Transgender Student « CBS Philly

Some excerpts:

"A high school student is suing a Pennsylvania school district after claiming “he was exposed involuntarily” to a transgender student while changing in the school’s locker room.

<Snip>

The student claims he was standing in his underwear about to put his gym clothes on when he noticed a transgender student in the locker room who was undressing.

That student was a girl at birth based on external anatomy, but identifies as a boy.

“It’s an egregious violation for the school to just brush off these students and tell them that their feelings don’t matter and to make it ‘as natural as they possibly can’,” added Wenger."
Beings this male student was uncomfortable dressing next to a female to male trans individual the chances are he would of been as equally uncomfortable dressing next to a male to female trans individual that happened to have large breasts, either through hormone therapy or implants. For this reason public schools should be mandated that privacy must be provided for both trans and cis-gendered students.

Old 03-23-2017, 06:33 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,938,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Beings this male student was uncomfortable dressing next to a female to male trans individual the chances are he would of been as equally uncomfortable dressing next to a male to female trans individual that happened to have large breasts, either through hormone therapy or implants. For this reason public schools should be mandated that privacy must be provided for both trans and cis-gendered students.
In most cases trans students HAVE been offered separate bathrooms or different places to change so that they DO have privacy. They don't want privacy. They want to change right next to the sex of their choice. They want to use that bathroom/locker room, without any thought to the other students. The other students don't matter.

This is 0.05% taking over the rights of the 99.5%. Making 99.5% uncomfortable, so 0.05% can "feel" comfortable.

It's lunacy, without rationalization. It makes no sense.

Old 03-23-2017, 06:37 AM

16,553 posts, read 8,592,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
Why do you think that many people are still so intolerant of transgender individuals?

Share your thoughts please..
Simple

Tranny's have been around for a long time, as have homos. Heteros for the most part were not bothered by their existence other than the violent kooks who targeted them.
The first tranny I ever encountered was a victim of an assault, and I felt sorry for him but didn't think twice about his "rights" based on his behavior. Instead I empathized with him as a fellow human being that didn't deserve to be attacked. I bet I sound like an open-minded liberal, right?
Well you might be surprised to hear what I have to say next.

However, when homo activists started to try to force the majority of people to not only accept them flaunting their homosexuality, but also redefine what has been the traditional definition of marriage, things changed. The same is true for an even smaller segment of the population. People do not like to be told they must embrace aberrant behavior, otherwise be called names like bigot, ______phobe, etc.
Thus the backlash against tranny "rights" stems from trying to force normal people to accept them being able to use women's bathrooms because they supposedly "identify" with women.
Just because someone says they are something they are not, might make it real in their minds, but not in reality.

So if trannys continue to use the bathrooms they always have, without demanding they be able to walk into a women's bathroom, most people will not have negative thoughts toward them. Sure they may scoff at their lifestyle, but the animosity you sense/read will diminish.

Old 03-23-2017, 07:02 AM

50,350 posts, read 63,928,555 times
I just came across this article that illustrates what I was trying to say about transgender being a mental issue, nor a physical one.
http://lindsayleighbentley.com/2014/...nt-transition/

Old 03-23-2017, 07:19 AM

19,802 posts, read 9,345,163 times
Catering to bullies of any mindset or political persuasion is called, I think, appeasement.

Can anyone think of any time that appeasing bullies had a good, long-term result?

Also, I have never heard a good argument as to why it is okay for the rights of any minority to stomp on the rights of the majority when there has been no actual and proven harm done. (By this last, I am talking about, for example, the fact/idea that there is no real harm is done when a supposedly elementary school transgendered student is offered to use the adult's restroom, but the parents say that isn't good enough.)

And, btw, the reason I wrote "supposedly" is because I do question whether a very young child -- or the parents of a very young child -- know with 100% certainty that s/he IS transgendered. I have read many accounts in which very young children took on the identity of the opposite sex, only to grow out of it. John Steinbeck, in East of Eden,, even described an episode, apparently true, in which his sister when she was about nine years old, was devastated that her uncle who "knew everything" was unaware of any way to change her into a boy -- and yet she later married. (And, yes, I know that happens -- that people will succumb to societal pressures -- but it just seems strange to me that people of uncertain sexuality/gender can go against what they believe to be true and live such a horrible "lie". I mean, hardly anyone born in the U.S. is actually forced to get married.)

I certainly do not mean by any of this to be offensive, but I would just like to be more educated!

Last edited by katharsis; 03-23-2017 at 07:27 AM..

Old 03-23-2017, 07:31 AM

19,802 posts, read 9,345,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I just came across this article that illustrates what I was trying to say about transgender being a mental issue, nor a physical one.
Wow. I read this after writing my post, and it perfectly illustrates the confusion/questioning I have about this issue when it comes to young children who might (or might not) be transgendered. Thank you.

Old 03-23-2017, 07:41 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,662,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
From the article:
"Hi, I am a concerned teacher with CMS schools. Last week the county sent out sexual/gender harassment curriculum for all CMS schools, including elementary. They have titled this curriculum 'Office of Civil Rights Sexual Harassment Prevention Lessons.' These lessons go into detail about gender issues with K-5 students. The county also mandated that these lessons be taught before April 9th. As far as I know parents will not be contacted before lessons begin. I have attached the 1st grade lesson, titled 'Jacob's New Dress.' I am contacting you in hope that something can be done."

"I have attached the 1st grade lesson, titled "Jacob's New Dress". I am contacting you in hope that something can be done." anonymous letter from CMS teacher

Contained in the first-grade curriculum are desired learning outcomes, such as the six-year-old students being "able to understand what sexual and gender-based harassment is and identify when it happens."

I can't believe that this has not been picked up by major media. Trying to teach 6 year olds about sexual harassment? Aren't they supposed to learning how to READ and ADD? Nope, sexual harassment is deemed more appropriate for this age group.

If you want to be TG go ahead. But stop this nonsense of indoctrination in the public schools.
Yes, little kids are supposed to be learning to read and write. I don't think their brains are even developed enough to understand and cope with a concept like transgender or any kind of sex. This could mess them up, confuse them. For the sake of a very tiny minority of people, we have to mess with the head of a six year old.

If a transgender wants to be whatever they want, fine. But it's the forcing it upon the rest of us that is inappropriate. It shouldn't be a political issue either. My political beliefs lean toward the left but this leftist extremist stuff goes too far.

Old 03-23-2017, 08:46 AM

6,471 posts, read 6,672,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I don't see this article as trying to say that TGism is a "mental issue" rather than a physical one. However, I did find it it to be a fabulous article, and I thank you for sharing it.

To me, it says exactly what I've been asking from the first time I heard of TGism: why can't everyone just wear and do whatever they want, and leave all this gender identity stuff out of it?

Her first-hand experience, and her concerns with parents who allow their young children to "transition," should serve as a wise, compassionate warning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates