Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2018, 12:10 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
How do you expect people to take you seriously? You post a bunch of undocumented claims and think that people will just accept them as fact
Well, many people I talk to on a daily basis recognize this stunt for what it is. Many parents around here are upset with their kids not knowing why they are even taking part.

I always keep in mind, even during the American Revolution, there were PLENTY of people living in the American colonies, that sided with England.

Old 03-26-2018, 12:39 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
And how many died in mass shootings if you don't only count school shootings?

"Sunday’s shooting at First Baptist Church of Sutherland Springs, Texas, which killed 26 people, raised the total of victims lost in mass killings this year to 208, according to USA TODAY data. The runner-up: 2016, which saw 188 people lost in such attacks. " https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ade/836738001/

The problem with people like Michael Medved is that they cherry pick facts, it's analogous to saying that only two people a year die in a green bathtub and failing to mention that nearly 100 people die in bathtubs every year.
The Parkland *survivors* don't care how many people are killed by anything other than deaths by gun on school grounds. That's it. NOT mass shootings. School shootings. Just school shootings.

Talk about cherry picking facts. /eyeroll/

More teens commit suicide each year.
More teens are killed in car accidents each year.
More teens drown each year.

And now Hoag doesn't want to wear a clear backpack. Because he feels that violates his rights.

But he wants to disarm the entire country. Because well, other people's rights don't matter. Only his.

BTW, shouldn't he be in school? Where are the truant officers and CPS?

Old 03-26-2018, 12:52 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
The Parkland *survivors* don't care how many people are killed by anything other than deaths by gun on school grounds. That's it. NOT mass shootings. School shootings. Just school shootings.
Talk about cherry picking facts. /eyeroll/
More teens commit suicide each year.
More teens are killed in car accidents each year.
More teens drown each year.
And now Hoag doesn't want to wear a clear backpack. Because he feels that violates his rights.
But he wants to disarm the entire county. Because well, other people's rights don't matter. Only his.
BTW, shouldn't he be in school? Where are the truant officers and CPS?
Sorry, that's just more of the same...you just want to make the protesters the villains in this and no one is buying it. If you had watched some of the speeches you would realize that there were several speakers who talked about the shootings in Chicago, and Las Vegas was mentioned, so no this is not just about school shootings; it's about gun violence.

Old 03-26-2018, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Sorry, that's just more of the same...you just want to make the protesters the villains in this and no one is buying it. If you had watched some of the speeches you would realize that there were several speakers who talked about the shootings in Chicago, and Las Vegas was mentioned, so no this is not just about school shootings; it's about gun violence.
I don't watch propaganda. I prefer facts. /shrug/

Has Hoag visited Chicago yet? Talked to Rahm? Which talk show will he be on? Does he have a line of sports drinks or a reality tv show yet?

It's propaganda.

What law is being targeted for change? Which state does it apply to? What law will it override? How many people will be affected? What guns are mentioned? What are the regulations?

*crickets*

But we's LOVE our parades and talks and stuff!!! I saw them in the TEE VEEE!!! All that FANFARE!!!! It means something important is happening.

Propaganda. The sheeple lap it up. Like decaf with artificial sweetener.

Old 03-26-2018, 01:00 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
As we pass the torch to a new generation, I am proud that they are brave enough to stand up for their rights. I hope more from this new generation start getting involved and standing up for what they believe in. Vote, call your elected officials, march, let your voices be heard.

They're not dictating to the rest of the country any more than the some factions in this country have been dictating to them. They have a right to be safe, a right to not have to worry about whether or not someone is carrying a gun. They have a right to life and to not be killed at school. All of us have a right to feel safe from people with guns. How many times in your life do you really need a gun? Probably never. Keep on going, millennials.
They are NOT standing up for their rights. They're standing up to deny us our rights. It doesn't matter if you don't need or want a gun. But our Constitution says that if someone does, they cannot be denied. Period.

Old 03-26-2018, 01:04 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Actually, those protesters are the villains. By demanding that we ban guns, they are denying gun owners who are NOT villains, a Constitutional Right.

So what "about" gun violence. In all of those speeches, did they give one rational, well-thought-out, practical solution to gun violence? And I mean ALL gun violence, not just mass shootings. Any mention at all of the scores for victims in the inner cities that die every day to thanks to "gun violence"? I'm guessing not. Because, in spite of their slogans, they only care about people just like them.

Old 03-26-2018, 01:06 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Do you not get that foundapeanut is talking about the FEAR of mass shootings week in and week out, not an ACTUAL shooting every week. Get a grip man! Personally I don't need one every week to be concerned...is THAT your tipping point?
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
[/b]
You think being terrified of something that has a less then half a percent chance of happening makes it somehow more threatening?

Hint: IT DOESN'T
Either you have poor reading comprehension or your strategy is to exaggerate responses you don't like to make the writer sound hysterical or illogical. Concern is not the same as being terrified - look 'em up if you don't believe me.

Old 03-26-2018, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Either you have poor reading comprehension or your strategy is to exaggerate responses you don't like to make the writer sound hysterical or illogical. Concern is not the same as being terrified - look 'em up if you don't believe me.
Are you as concerned with teens texting and driving? Because thousands die every year.

Your *concern* is exaggerated. Be more concerned with teens drowning. Or committing suicide.

But no let's focus on the one topic that's #trendy. Because well #trendy. #fear. #brainwashed. #nofactsneeded

Old 03-26-2018, 02:39 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Actually, those protesters are the villains. By demanding that we ban guns, they are denying gun owners who are NOT villains, a Constitutional Right.

So what "about" gun violence. In all of those speeches, did they give one rational, well-thought-out, practical solution to gun violence? And I mean ALL gun violence, not just mass shootings. Any mention at all of the scores for victims in the inner cities that die every day to thanks to "gun violence"? I'm guessing not. Because, in spite of their slogans, they only care about people just like them.
How many were demanding a gun ban

Old 03-26-2018, 03:21 PM

4,569 posts, read 5,672,673 times
Unhappy The rest just want a ban on the NRA..

Quote:
How many were demanding a gun ban
Nearly all of them, if you go by the speeches and the slogans on the sign. They just aren't sure what they want to ban.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENN1eeyuLPY
Maybe they only want to ban a subset of firearms now, but I'm sure they'll get around to banning the rest. Too big, too small, too powerful, not powerful enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates