Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2018, 04:49 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,193,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I don't think they are ignorant but they are misguided and being used as pawns. What they lived through is terrible with 17 of their own being murdered but I think they are wrong to rush to ban guns and give up their Rights to own a gun while pushing their knee jerk agenda on millions of law abiding gun owners.

Imagine if all guns were banned, confiscated and destroyed and then the black market emerged to fill the needs of criminals. The guns would come across the Southern border and it would almost be karma when the Dems start pounding on the tables in the Senate chamber about how badly we need a border wall.

Karma is a B***H as they say.
The biggest knee jerk reactor on this issue was Wayne Lapierre suing the state of Florida on behalf of the NRA after governor Scott signed legislation with stricter gun controls. It did not ban all guns or even most, despite that scare tactic being stated in a few posts. He was butt hurt because he thought his power, influence and money would prevail. He seriously underestimated the Parkland students.

Old 03-24-2018, 04:58 PM

24,600 posts, read 9,440,677 times
Kids won’t change gun laws, politicians will.

And unless kids are willing to resort to more drastic measures, it won’t make a difference. Rememeber all those rallies/protests against Trump? Yup, he’s still in office tweeting away.

Old 03-24-2018, 05:06 PM

6,294 posts, read 4,192,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post

And unless kids are willing to resort to more drastic measures, it won’t make a difference. Rememeber all those rallies/protests against Trump? Yup, he’s still in office tweeting away.
They are not far from voting age. People May want to dismiss and ridicule them but what they are doing is as American as apple pie ,and the more they are abused and threatened the more they may be driven to vote and not necessarily the way the haters would wish. Kids may not be able to change gun laws but they will be able to change politicians

Old 03-24-2018, 05:16 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,242,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I don't think they are ignorant but they are misguided and being used as pawns. What they lived through is terrible with 17 of their own being murdered but I think they are wrong to rush to ban guns and give up their Rights to own a gun while pushing their knee jerk agenda on millions of law abiding gun owners.
Imagine if all guns were banned, confiscated and destroyed and then the black market emerged to fill the needs of criminals. The guns would come across the Southern border and it would almost be karma when the Dems start pounding on the tables in the Senate chamber about how badly we need a border wall.
Karma is a B***H as they say.
I listened to most of the speeches those kids gave and I did not hear a single one advocate for banning all guns or taking away the right to own a gun. Maybe we are talking about two different events? I'm referring to the young people talking at the March for our Lives event.

Old 03-24-2018, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post

That's right, and guess who will be electing those politicians for the next 50 years? Not me, I'm old but those kids will be voting for the next 6 decades or so.

Old 03-24-2018, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manteca man View Post
They're not kids anymore. If they want to play in the big leagues they need to accept big league rules.

It's like how one doesn't get to be a strong, independent woman... who is also somehow a victim.
You lost me with that second sentence, I have no idea what that is supposed to mean

Old 03-24-2018, 05:22 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,222,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
NONE of the Parkland survivors is demanding that all guns be banned—just assault rifles and Bumpstocks.

You deliberately misquoted their purpose. Shame on you—picking on kids.
No such thing as civilian assault rifles. Just semiautomatic rifles, they're all the same product and they all work the same way no matter if they're that scary black color or have that thing that goes up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
That's right, and guess who will be electing those politicians for the next 50 years? Not me, I'm old but those kids will be voting for the next 6 decades or so.
They won't if we raise the voting age to 25 like it should be.

Old 03-24-2018, 05:25 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,368,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manteca man View Post
They're not kids anymore. If they want to play in the big leagues they need to accept big league rules.

It's like how one doesn't get to be a strong, independent woman... who is also somehow a victim.
They do play by the rules. You just don’t like that they have successfully attracted the attention of other young people, and maybe their parents, that they need to get out and vote against leaders who promote NRA propaganda. I’m so proud of them. What a great group of teens who organized this march. They are the leaders of tomorrow.

Old 03-24-2018, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Dreams are always an easier sell than facts and realities -- especially when you're on the "soft" side of Real Life 401.
But until they've assumed full responsibility for themselves, let alone a family, and come to recognize what a mature society and economy can, and can not support, they haven't completed that tough course.
Just like the group of small boys who found a turtle, "voted" it male, and didn't know what to do when it began to lay eggs?
When they assume full responsibility for themselves they won't change their minds, just like those of us who protested the Vietnam war didn't suddenly start loving wars when we 'grew up'. Things are changing, faster than I ever thought possible. I certainly never expected this:

"YouTube is cracking down on gun videos. The video sharing platform recently updated its policies on content featuring firearms. According to the updated restrictions, the site no longer allows content that, “Intends to sell firearms or certain firearms accessories through direct sales...or links to sites that sell these items. The list of forbidden accessories includes, but is not limited to, anything that enables a firearm to simulate automatic fire or converts a firearm to do so, and high capacity magazine kits. YouTube's new policy also now states it will ban videos that show people how to manufacture firearms, ammunition, high capacity magazines, or even shows users how to install these accessories or modifications."
https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/a...sed-gun-videos

Old 03-24-2018, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
No such thing as civilian assault rifles. Just semiautomatic rifles, they're all the same product and they all work the same way no matter if they're that scary black color or have that thing that goes up.

They won't if we raise the voting age to 25 like it should be.
Do you really think that we are going to repeal the 26th amendment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates