Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2018, 06:25 PM

50,831 posts, read 36,538,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoGuy View Post
The guy got an unjust deal, I hope he sues and wins big.

He asked a person for proof of residence? That sounds like his job responsibility. Being a minority isn't carte blanche to go waltzing into places that one is not authorized for. I doubt he would have asked if he recognized the person or really thought they were authorized.

Seriously, a lot of sjw's are simply mentally unhinged. A significant threat to our quality of life. My duty is to protect the quality of life. Arrive at your own conclusion.
She was authorized, she had the key card just like everyone else there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2018, 06:34 PM

286 posts, read 211,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post

And do recall those nifty young men who marched in Charleston who were white supremacists. They were easily identifiable and while what they were doing was legal, you think even I would want them working for me? No @#$%^&* way!
And how about a guy who is working for you and openly discusses how he hates jews and gays. Would you want him working for you?

Old 07-09-2018, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OK, OP, you were mistaken; he wasn't fired.

But here's a good example, from SWFL Native:
What do you think of this, OP?

And schoolteachers; wasn't there a case a few years ago, about a teacher who had had nude or semi-nude photos taken of her, in her off hours, for a magazine, or something? I don't remember the exact story. But in jobs, where you have a responsibility over children, you're not free to do anything you want in your free time.
He left by himself? I would assume he got some kind of compensation. Good for the company.

I said several times already that some jobs do require higher standards. And I said several times that I was talking about Joe Schmo assembly worker who doesn't represent a company in any way, shape or form.
But you keep bringing up teachers and others who are supposed to be high moral positions.

Old 07-09-2018, 06:43 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,227,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banbuk77 View Post
He left by himself? I would assume he got some kind of compensation. Good for the company.

I said several times already that some jobs do require higher standards. And I said several times that I was talking about Joe Schmo assembly worker who doesn't represent a company in any way, shape or form.
But you keep bringing up teachers and others who are supposed to be high moral positions.
He voluntarily resigned his position as Pool Nazi, I mean Pool Manager, but based on the statement from his employer, it seems more likely he was fired - with no compensation, as would typically be the case when someone is fired because they can't meet the requirements of the position

Old 07-09-2018, 06:49 PM

28,681 posts, read 18,811,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I know facts don't matter to your righties but for the record

1. He was NOT working at the pool. He was something akin to an HOA board member who took it upon himself to question this woman - and only this woman - about her accessing the pool. Gee, it couldn't possibly be that she was the only black person, could it?

2. She WAS authorized to use the pool, and I can only wonder why you would leap to an assumption that she wasn't. Authorized because she had the key card, which is the only required item to use the pool at this particular complex.

3.Seriously, a lot of RWNJ are hard core racists. Most of the decent people in this country all across the political spectrum had no idea how many racists were hiding in plain sight until the grotesque Trump unleashed this depravity on us.

4. That sounds like a threat of violence to me, against those with whom you disagree politically. Guess I'll let that speak for itself
I would also point out that there were white people at the pool who had not been asked, including a white women who testified that she didn't even have a pool pass and had never been asked to present one.

Old 07-09-2018, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
She was a resident, so why is the only black person the one whose residency is questioned? That’s the point.
The guy says he does the same several times a week. How does the lady knows he didn't ask someone to show an id the day before? It is not high turnaround pool so he probably knows 95% of visitors and asks IDs from the newcomers. I would guess she was the only newcomer at a time so he asked her for ID.
But the lady was quick to play a race card.

And if on her way to a store that day a cop will stop her for a traffic infraction - she would say she got profiled because she didn't see that cop stopping anyone else.

Old 07-09-2018, 06:51 PM

28,681 posts, read 18,811,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banbuk77 View Post

It's up to the company leadership to determine whether they want high standards from their employees. Generally speaking, high standards make for a better-running, more profitable company of any type. Of course, high standards cost more money, too--so it's always a profit/cost decision.

But there aren't many employers who don't care at all for the moral standards of their employees.

Old 07-09-2018, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
So you'd rather the government put more restrictions on employers than employers act as they see fit to maintain the profitability of their companies.

More government control--that's what you want.
Did you read the topic?
There are thousands of rules already the employers have to obey. To the point is is almost impossible to start a company since the first thing you have to do is to hire a bunch of lawyers to guide you the millions of rules.

So if you read the topic, you would know that employer is prohibited from firing someone belonging to any of the dozen or so protected classes. So there is no freedom now , not even close.
And the situation became very one sided when it is almost impossible to fire a bad worker who belong to one of those protected classes, but it is perfectly OK to fire someone who doesn't belong (aka white male) simply because he said something at his free time that someone else didn't like.
So let's either scrap all those protected classes employer cannot touch or let's have some kind of protection from a mob rule for law abiding people.

Old 07-09-2018, 07:57 PM

2,186 posts, read 1,173,054 times
If the company policy is to only allow residents to swim, the guy should have a legal leg to stand on. It is ridiculous to believe that blacks get a pass when managing a residency pool. It is completely possible the guy was just doing his job.

Old 07-09-2018, 08:02 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
The government puts much pressure on employers about who they can hire and how much they must pay
The next step is who they can fire
You are witnessing the destruction of business -the creature that feeds the government
These anti business laws are already destroying France
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates