Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2020, 06:41 PM

35,388 posts, read 17,285,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
So you live in New Jersey which has seen an incredible number of cases and the curve flattens for a few days and you think everything should just go back to normal
Again when should it?

Old 04-19-2020, 11:23 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,698,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxblue100 View Post
Try living in New Jersey right now (I do unfortunately). Murphy openly admitted that the Bill of Rights is “above his pay grade” and is in favor of extending these ridiculous lockdowns until cases are near zero. Meanwhile, the curve has been flattening for a good few days now, and he’s continuously using the excuse that “we’re just not ready yet.” I’m pretty sure at one point, he said that we’re only doing this until we can flatten the curve, but apparently he was either lying or changed his mind, which is what many of these state governors are doing as we slowly descend into tyranny.
Did you actually expect Govt to give back your freedom at some point? LOL I hate to break it to you, but it doesnt work that way in the real world.

Hopefully things like this are enough to convince some people, that 'all is not what it has appeared to be on the surface'!

Old 04-20-2020, 02:52 AM

11,024 posts, read 7,888,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Again when should it?
When it is determined that doing so will not cause a reacceleration of transmission. Do you have a problem with that?

Old 04-20-2020, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
When it is determined that doing so will not cause a reacceleration of transmission. Do you have a problem with that?
Then it will be never or no time soon. No bureaucrat has the guts to make that call.

Old 04-20-2020, 06:22 AM
Status: "It's WARY, or LEERY (weary means tired)" (set 18 days ago)

16,148 posts, read 21,279,901 times
Quote:
Then it will be never or no time soon. No bureaucrat has the guts to make that call.
Have you always been able to see only in black and white?

Old 04-20-2020, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Have you always been able to see only in black and white?
Actually I see shades of gray quite well. But when I see the tennis courts (one at a public court, one in the neighborhood association) padlocked, andread about roller skating rinks being sanded over I wonder. This kind of unthinking, overbearing activity will cause rebellions.

Old 04-20-2020, 06:50 AM
Status: "It's WARY, or LEERY (weary means tired)" (set 18 days ago)

16,148 posts, read 21,279,901 times
Quote:
Actually I see shades of gray quite well. But when I see the tennis courts (one at a public court, one in the neighborhood association) padlocked, andread about roller skating rinks being sanded over I wonder. This kind of unthinking, overbearing activity will cause rebellions.
Your insistence on timelines and deadlines seems to indicate otherwise.
Skating rinks have been dying for decades so I wouldn't read anything into one going belly up, and tennis courts are hardly essential, doubtful the locks are permanent so why are you reading doom and gloom into that.
Why do you struggle so much with the idea that some things just need a 'wait and see' approach because we've not dealt with anything like this virus before? You seem to think that somebody should be able to give you concrete answers to new questions. Until we find a way to predict the future nobody can give you those answers right now. Every single thing you hear about what WILL happen is just a guess, including the doom and gloom, conspiracy, and persecution scenarios. What makes you think any of those are more valid than the idea that the restrictions are temporary and will be lifted when it's safe to do so?

Old 04-20-2020, 08:35 AM

11,221 posts, read 9,849,514 times
Quote:
To any extent yes. But not forever.
No one said it would be forever . It will all be over in a month or two. If a month spent with nothing but your family to entertain you turns you into an animal...you may have larger problems than Covid-19.

Old 04-20-2020, 08:40 AM

11,221 posts, read 9,849,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I think this will get worse and worse, the further we get into summer this year.

Society is still holding on by a thread right now, everyone is still fairly civil towards each other, polite, patient, but eventually I think that will break down over time, as the state of our economy becomes more clear (and especially the state of the GLOBAL economy), many people will devolve rapidly to become people,nothing like their old selves.

I read awhile back, the amount of time it takes for your otherwise friendly next door neighbor, who invites you over for summer barbecues and parties....to reach the point of being ready to kill you and your entire family for the food in the fridge, is about 4-7 days, (without having anything to eat).
Complete and utter nonsense. Every single word of it.

Old 04-20-2020, 09:00 AM

14,463 posts, read 14,424,681 times
Quote:

That is just not true. Some governors are starting to make it right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates