Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2020, 04:22 PM

6,701 posts, read 5,930,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel NewYork View Post
While it's true that the Chinese government has more latitude than the U.S. government in addressing a pandemic situation, I think that the Chinese people culturally tend to be more concerned with the community and willing to cooperate by making personal sacrifices for the good of the community:

“In China, you have a combination of a population that takes respiratory infections seriously and is willing to adopt non-pharmaceutical interventions, with a government that can put bigger constraints on individual freedoms than would be considered acceptable in most Western countries”, adds [Gregory Poland, director of the Vaccine Research Group at the Mayo Clinic]. “Commitment to the greater good is engrained in the culture; there is not the hyper-individualism that characterises parts of the USA, and has driven most of the resistance to the countermeasures against the coronavirus.”

Quoted from The Lancet, a weekly peer-reviewed general medical journal.

There are suspicions, including credible testimony by whistleblowers inside China, that the pandemic was and is much more serious and widespread in China than the Communist government has let on.

The Lancet can publish all the political bloviation it wants but that doesn't make it right. Political opinions are not "peer reviewed". For that matter, Lancet really stepped in it a few months ago by publishing a flawed study knocking hydroxychloroquine, which they later had to retract.

A vaccine (or two, or three) is a great idea, and I hope to take one once it's generally available. 95% effectiveness sounds pretty good, especially when combined with the already high 99.4% survivability rate.

But no, it shouldn't be mandatory, and good luck trying to enforce that! Polio is one thing - you absolutely don't want a polio outbreak - it's a horrible thought. But novel coronavirus c-19 is increasingly survivable and treatable, really not a death sentence like everyone thought back in March.

Old 11-27-2020, 05:17 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,099,317 times
Absolutely not.

Immunogenomics. Vaccinomics.

Over 15% of the population is genetically predisposed to adverse reactions to vaccines. It would be great if we could be screened prior to immunizations and be medically exempted based on our genotypes but despite having the knowledge to do this, it is not being done in preference for "vaccine uptake metrics " (see section 7)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2831634/

Due to uptake metrics being the priority for public health authorities, one size fits all vaccines are given to everyone, at risk or not & if your number is up & you sustain a serious injury; the vaccine manufacturers are exempt from liability. The greater good. Are you really willing to be an acceptable loss? The sacrificial lamb for the herd?

When I say a "serious injury", I don't mean a fever and a sore arm. I am talking about demyelination diseases that will put you in a wheelchair. Neuroinflammation that disables the Microglia cells in your brain. Do you know what happens when the Microglia cells stop synaptic pruning in the developing brain? Autism. Do you know what happens when the Microglia stop pruning the plaque in the aging brain? Alzheimer's. Do you know your genotypes? Do you know if you carry the genes that will respond atypically to vaccination & cause the neuroinflammation that will disable you for life?

Do you know what your HLA gene complex status is? Your MTHFR genotypes are? How about your Cytokine response genes; the Interleukin, or IL-1 through IL-18 genotypes? Because I do. I spent months self decoding my raw DNA tests to find out that nobody who is my biological child should ever have been vaccinated. A simple genetic calculator could have solved that but one doesn't exist, because if it did, people could be proactive and screen themselves for genetic predisposition to adverse vaccine reactions. But then we would be medically exempt from vaccines and that would interfere with uptake metrics.

So my first daughter died less than 24 hours after her 4 months vaccines and my youngest son is permanently brain damaged from his 2 year old vaccines. The vaccine manufacturers are exempt from liability & I haven't worked for 14 years now to be my disabled child's caregiver. Do you think the "herd" has ever paid their respects to my child's ultimate sacrifice? Do you think the herd ever offers to pay my bills or help me care for my son? You don't. They don't. They won't be there for you either.

You want a mandatory vaccine you need to do two things:

-Pre screen every person prior to vaccination for genetic predisposition to adverse vaccine reactions & medically exempt those who are at risk, from vaccination.

-Restore liability to vaccine manufacturers for vaccine injury, so that if you are injured, you can be compensated.

Old 11-27-2020, 05:25 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,912,608 times
Well, I hope they don't adopt some mandatory Covid vaccination rule or my life will become much more difficult.

For the reasons that K350 mentioned above, I have NO intention of putting that nonsense in my body.

Old 11-27-2020, 10:49 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times
I believe the vaccine should be mandated based on occupation and in phases. Firefighters, police, and healthcare workers should get it. It's not safe for them and the people they serve. I think eventually it should be required for schools. Teachers and students. If some family choses not to get it they have to be remote until the virus is under control.

Old 11-27-2020, 11:11 PM

3,133 posts, read 2,256,609 times
I’m certainly not in the anti-vax crowd, but neither will I be forced to get a Covid vaccine. If that means no flying then so be it, I will adjust accordingly. When I am convinced that such a vaccine is safe and effective, only then would I consider getting it.

Old 11-28-2020, 07:19 AM

2,098 posts, read 2,500,361 times
I've already seen news stories where businesses are going to be requiring all their employees to get it. The one I saw this morning was a restaurant owner. I suspect the airlines and cruise industries may eventually restrict travel if you're not vaccinated. What if they also put in rules, say, in nursing homes and hospitals, that visitors had to show proof of vaccination to enter? Kids will likely eventually not being allowed into in-person school if they're not vaccinated, just like for other diseases. It could quickly become inconvenient not to be vaccinated.

Old 11-28-2020, 07:37 AM

6,701 posts, read 5,930,570 times
Requiring people to get an injection? That just sounds wrong. I predict some ugly lawsuits in the near future.

Old 11-28-2020, 09:13 AM

2,289 posts, read 1,567,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
Requiring people to get an injection? That just sounds wrong. I predict some ugly lawsuits in the near future.
Several vaccinations are mandatory to get a child enrolled in school. They may not have been injections but you got em. I agree there will be lawsuits, but I'm doubtful about how far they'll go. SCOTUS has tackled the mandatory vaccine issue twice, and in both cases sided with the gummint.

Old 11-28-2020, 09:22 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,298,103 times
What I would like to experiment with is a plan suggested by former Congressman John Delaney of Maryland. Delaney believes that we should extend a $1500 per person fiscal stimulus to all Americans willing to get a covid vaccination. The stimulus will benefit the economy and those refusing to get the vaccine should not be eligible on the theory that part of what is necessary to restore good functioning to our economy is a vaccinated population.

Let's see what percentage of the country will vaccinate if we do something like this. If over 70% vaccinate it may be sufficient with a vaccine that is 95% efficacious.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...-john-delaney/

Old 11-28-2020, 09:41 AM

4 posts, read 6,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Absolutely not.

Immunogenomics. Vaccinomics.

Over 15% of the population is genetically predisposed to adverse reactions to vaccines. It would be great if we could be screened prior to immunizations and be medically exempted based on our genotypes but despite having the knowledge to do this, it is not being done in preference for "vaccine uptake metrics " (see section 7)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2831634/

Due to uptake metrics being the priority for public health authorities, one size fits all vaccines are given to everyone, at risk or not & if your number is up & you sustain a serious injury; the vaccine manufacturers are exempt from liability. The greater good. Are you really willing to be an acceptable loss? The sacrificial lamb for the herd?

When I say a "serious injury", I don't mean a fever and a sore arm. I am talking about demyelination diseases that will put you in a wheelchair. Neuroinflammation that disables the Microglia cells in your brain. Do you know what happens when the Microglia cells stop synaptic pruning in the developing brain? Autism. Do you know what happens when the Microglia stop pruning the plaque in the aging brain? Alzheimer's. Do you know your genotypes? Do you know if you carry the genes that will respond atypically to vaccination & cause the neuroinflammation that will disable you for life?

Do you know what your HLA gene complex status is? Your MTHFR genotypes are? How about your Cytokine response genes; the Interleukin, or IL-1 through IL-18 genotypes? Because I do. I spent months self decoding my raw DNA tests to find out that nobody who is my biological child should ever have been vaccinated. A simple genetic calculator could have solved that but one doesn't exist, because if it did, people could be proactive and screen themselves for genetic predisposition to adverse vaccine reactions. But then we would be medically exempt from vaccines and that would interfere with uptake metrics.

So my first daughter died less than 24 hours after her 4 months vaccines and my youngest son is permanently brain damaged from his 2 year old vaccines. The vaccine manufacturers are exempt from liability & I haven't worked for 14 years now to be my disabled child's caregiver. Do you think the "herd" has ever paid their respects to my child's ultimate sacrifice? Do you think the herd ever offers to pay my bills or help me care for my son? You don't. They don't. They won't be there for you either.

You want a mandatory vaccine you need to do two things:

-Pre screen every person prior to vaccination for genetic predisposition to adverse vaccine reactions & medically exempt those who are at risk, from vaccination.

-Restore liability to vaccine manufacturers for vaccine injury, so that if you are injured, you can be compensated.
Thank you. Good Post. I was vaccine injured. The problem is nobody wants to admit a sickness was caused by vaccines, as for me I spent hours going from doctor to doctor to find out what was wrong with me. The band aids were all getting played out, until I did some herbal detoxing, and finally the poison was out of my system. After doing much research, I found articles a person like me with an auto-immune diseases should have never had a vaccine. You think the doctor who gave it to me would have realized that. Nope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates