Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2009, 02:40 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,668,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
Elaborate on what's emboldened.
The couple, who went on a date, decided to have sex. It's pretty simple.

Old 05-13-2009, 02:41 PM

25,705 posts, read 18,781,503 times
Wow. Come on! Several posts have made me cringe. To remind any casual reader in case you've forgotten by this point in the thread... not all males are sex-crazed brutes who will attempt to jump into a female's pants at the drop of a hat. You do not have to wear a chastity belt and carry garden shears. Some of us have self control, do respect you, and understand the word 'no.'

The problem I see with some of the perspectives I've read on this thread is that a man (or woman for that matter) ultimately has control over what he does (unless there is a mental issue). It doesn't matter how 'alluring' the other person is; that doesn't mean you have the right to 'act' when the act is not desired. Bottom line is, it doesn't matter how 'hot' things get, if you can't control your own actions, you shouldn't be there in the first place. 'No' is not time dependent.

Old 05-13-2009, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Based on how you wrote it, I would say she was not raped. The man would have been wrongly convicted.

Let ME add an element though: The man keeps feeding her booze, and she gets drunk, and they have sex. The next morning, she realizes what happened and she files charges.

Was she raped in my scenario?
Yep, he raped her.

Was she stupid to get herself into that situation? Yes. Stupid to start drinking and keep drinking? Yes.

Did he rape her? Yes. A woman who is passed out drunk - though she might have done something really stupid - cannot consent to sex.

Old 05-13-2009, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
It is perfectly acceptable behavior.
So it's perfectly acceptable for a woman to tease, tantalize, come on, provoke and invite - then complain because some man doesn't stop when she wants him to?

In that case, he may very well have raped her. But she was a stupid, stupid, stupid woman. Sheer idiocy.

Old 05-13-2009, 02:45 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,251,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Nope. The operative word is "consent" because rape cannot exist in a vacuum---it an act that depends on the existence of absence of consent, so you need to define consent in order to classify rape.
You are on a bulletin board. You are speaking in a vacuum. The issue of consent or refusal is totally dependent upon the case at hand. You are trying to put in a neat little package - and that does not work.

Here is the bottom line: If the woman, in any fashion, does not give, convey her consent to sex or, if, in any manner, she withdraws said permission to sex - in any way - and the man continues, it is rape.

Period.

Now, do you condemn the violent act of RAPE.

No need to dance around the question - Yes, or No.

Old 05-13-2009, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
So it's perfectly acceptable for a woman to tease, tantalize, come on, provoke and invite - then complain because some man doesn't stop when she wants him to?
ABSOLUTELY 100% YES. It is legally, perfectly acceptable.

Old 05-13-2009, 02:46 PM

Quote:
You are on a bulletin board. You are speaking in a vacuum. The issue of consent or refusal is totally dependent upon the case at hand. You are trying to put in a neat little package - and that does not work.

Here is the bottom line: If the woman, in any fashion, does not give, convey her consent to sex or, if, in any manner, she withdraws said permission to sex - in any way - and the man continues, it is rape.

Period.

Now, do you condemn the violent act of RAPE.

No need to dance around the question - Yes, or No.
You've already lied and said that JTUR88 not only condones rape, but is a multiple rapist himself. Why don't you just admit that being a sleazy liar? And why, in light of that, should anybody take anything you say seriously?

Old 05-13-2009, 02:48 PM

Quote:
ABSOLUTELY 100% YES. It is legally, perfectly acceptable.
And it is incredibly stupid.

So apparently some women really don't mind being incredibly stupid.

Old 05-13-2009, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
You've already lied and said that JTUR88 not only condones rape, but is a multiple rapist himself. Why don't you just admit that being a sleazy liar? And why, in light of that, should anybody take anything you say seriously?
I could care less if you take anything I say seriously. I know I don't take anything you say seriously.

Old 05-13-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
I could care less if you take anything I say seriously. I know I don't take anything you say seriously.
Which explains why you keep PMing me...

Stalker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates