Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2009, 05:26 PM

1 posts, read 1,084 times

Advertisements

It's obvious ogre has no idea what he is talking about when it comes to the police as he is talking straight out of his ass when it comes to the staties...typical city-data people blowing crap out of proportion (long time lurker here). The Massachusetts State Police have had the campaign cover (not "nazi hat") and cross strap look since before the first world war, nevermind the second. The tall boots are a tribute to the cavalry days and they do still wear the smokey bear style hats, that's their summer uniform.

winter- campaign cover, cross strap, tall boots
summer- smokey bear hat, no cross strap, 8" boots
so maybe you should actually do your research before you go spreading lies about "nazi police" who have had that look since before nazis...then again "doing your research" is something people here don't seem to believe in. I have a chill down my spine every time I think about how stupid people spread stupid rumors.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:16 AM

1,963 posts, read 1,822,485 times
The majority of police officers I have come in contact with are underachieving bullies, who became LEO's as a way to try to guarantee that people will respect them.

So no, I don't trust them. **** the police.

Old 05-22-2009, 11:27 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,879,293 times
...and it's very possible one who portrays the police as underachieving bullies, are actually underachieving losers who have had unpleasant encounters with police.....
Become a better person, have less encounters, and learn to respect the police...' It's never to late for YOU to change your evil ways...

Old 05-23-2009, 06:01 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,240,235 times
Get rid of the police in this country and see how long before you're screaming for them back.

Old 05-23-2009, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
...and it's very possible one who portrays the police as underachieving bullies, are actually underachieving losers who have had unpleasant encounters with police.....
Become a better person, have less encounters, and learn to respect the police...' It's never to late for YOU to change your evil ways...
I guess you are assuming all my encounters were due to me breaking a law, but thats not the case. There are some very corrupt LEO's in my town. I have friends who have been pulled over, searched, and let go; only to realize that the cops had robbed them of personal belongings.

In general, people are douchebags. You can't honestly say that there is a smaller percentage of "bad people" in the LEO profession than any other one. If anything, theres more. Power corrupts, my friend.

Also, explain how I'm an underachieving loser because I've met bad police officers. By that statement, Rodney King was an underachieving loser too, right?

Old 05-23-2009, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot424 View Post
Get rid of the police in this country and see how long before you're screaming for them back.
Who in their right mind would get rid of the police completely? Thanks for the enlightening response.

Old 05-24-2009, 03:29 AM

129 posts, read 555,464 times
Quote:
Someone once said that "there are THREE people in our society who are legally authorized to take a life....a Doctor, a Judge, and a Policeman".
Whoever said that quote was wrong there are SIX people in our society who are legally authorized by GOVERNMENT to take a life.......a Doctor, a policeman , a Judge, a military soldier at war, a General and a military personnel aiming a bomb at you whether from a jet plane, a navy ship a tank or a mobile shooter

The military soldiers,personnel and generals have taken many more lives than police and judges.

Old 05-24-2009, 02:21 PM

47 posts, read 77,121 times
nope
cops r racist or have attitudes
have killed a few ppl i knew
they test ppl and when ppl do s*** bakk they shoot em
y should u put ur trust in somebody u dont know?

Old 05-24-2009, 04:53 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Yes I do. I have a couple family member and friends on the force so maybe I'm biased. Personally, I've haven't had much interaction with cops in the line of duty.

Old 05-24-2009, 08:40 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,174,310 times
I don't break laws....so I do trust that Law Enforcement is out there to arrest the people who do. However, I guess I could be proven wrong if I were in the wrong place and the wrong time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates