Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 09:15 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,627,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post
I think the underclass and working/lower-middle class should all get sterilized, because all the vast majority of their children will ever be is cannon fodder for the industrial machine. And before anyone gets up in arms about my being an elitist, I am working/lower-middle class myself. I love my grandchildren with every fiber of my being, but to be honest, I hope they do not have children, unless thay are good/lucky enough to propel themselves into the upper middle class beforehand.
best post of all. My sentiments exactly. eta: I fit lower middle class in terms of income.

Quote:
I am not saying it does not happen sometimes, but I think the percentage that does it is far smaller than it was a generation or two ago. With the "powers that be" showing no hesitation to constantly bring in foreigners to lower wages, I think most children of the working and lower middle class will be darn lucky to maintain the standard of living their parents have.>big daryl
second ditto !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2009, 01:30 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,249,887 times
Quote:
I am not saying it does not happen sometimes, but I think the percentage that does it is far smaller than it was a generation or two ago. With the "powers that be" showing no hesitation to constantly bring in foreigners to lower wages, I think most children of the working and lower middle class will be darn lucky to maintain the standard of living their parents have.
Thats already happening. The boomer generations kids had the lottery, some boomers did great, some never made where mom and dad were. But the world where our kids go (my son is 18 next month so I think of this) is a great mystery. Best thing you can do for your kids now is prepare them for the worse and encourage them to do all the can to not need that. Just don't leave them lost in limbo like some of my generation.

Old 07-28-2009, 02:10 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,396,472 times
Quote:
I think the underclass and working/lower-middle class should all get sterilized, because all the vast majority of their children will ever be is cannon fodder for the industrial machine. And before anyone gets up in arms about my being an elitist, I am working/lower-middle class myself. I love my grandchildren with every fiber of my being, but to be honest, I hope they do not have children, unless thay are good/lucky enough to propel themselves into the upper middle class beforehand.
This is exactly correct. Eventually if things continue as they are, some sort of intelligent Eugenics program with have to be brought back to life and implimented worldwide. This has nothing to do with any type of hollocaust scenario, but rather an intelligent selection as evolution described by science has taught us. Like it or not people, this is where the secular world as we know it is heading. The planet is not going to support uncontrolled irresponsbile growth. Another program that will have to be implimented is the removal of many religious systems that would hinder such a movement like the Catholic church and others. Seriously, look at Catholic countries and tell me they don't have major population issues bordering on economic and social disaster. I actually live in a secular progressive society type system and many of these orignal programs were indeed started and devised here. It'll be interesting how these old ideas are resurrected at some point since it is already a totally atheistic society.

Now is such an implimentation what I really believe. No of course not, but it is what the geniuses would have us understand is necessary. These more sophisticated (in their own mind) nations continue to exploit the resources of the developing world, so maybe that is where it will start first. The one thing that is obvious is that mankind does not even have any viable answers even on this subject. If there is no creator to step in and end the present system as we know it, then the planet's eco-systems will never be able to cope.

Old 07-28-2009, 06:48 AM

3,006 posts, read 3,869,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
This is exactly correct. Eventually if things continue as they are, some sort of intelligent Eugenics program with have to be brought back to life and implimented worldwide. This has nothing to do with any type of hollocaust scenario, but rather an intelligent selection as evolution described by science has taught us. Like it or not people, this is where the secular world as we know it is heading. The planet is not going to support uncontrolled irresponsbile growth. Another program that will have to be implimented is the removal of many religious systems that would hinder such a movement like the Catholic church and others. Seriously, look at Catholic countries and tell me they don't have major population issues bordering on economic and social disaster. I actually live in a secular progressive society type system and many of these orignal programs were indeed started and devised here. It'll be interesting how these old ideas are resurrected at some point since it is already a totally atheistic society.

Now is such an implimentation what I really believe. No of course not, but it is what the geniuses would have us understand is necessary. These more sophisticated (in their own mind) nations continue to exploit the resources of the developing world, so maybe that is where it will start first. The one thing that is obvious is that mankind does not even have any viable answers even on this subject. If there is no creator to step in and end the present system as we know it, then the planet's eco-systems will never be able to cope.
Its unlikely a eugenics program will be implemented, populations will suffer from starvation when oil production starts to decline in the next few years. The current world population is only supported by the temporary use of fossil fuels- 1 in 7 of all the people who have ever lived are alive now. At present we have no viable substitutes for fossil fuels, nor do any seem likely to arrive in the timescales we have. A population of around 2 billion is probably the best we can hope for, given the total energy generation possible from renewables is barely a fifth of current production. Most importantly organic farming is incapable of maintaing the yeilds currently achieved from modern mechanised farming, due to the lack of ferilizers and nitrogen depletion of topsoil. In the next decade, two thirds of the arable land worldwide will be exhausted due to overproduction, yet it takes 500 years to replace an inch of topsoil.

Last edited by archineer; 07-28-2009 at 07:00 AM..

Old 07-28-2009, 07:27 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,396,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
Its unlikely a eugenics program will be implemented, populations will suffer from starvation when oil production starts to decline in the next few years. The current world population is only supported by the temporary use of fossil fuels- 1 in 7 of all the people who have ever lived are alive now. At present we have no viable substitutes for fossil fuels, nor do any seem likely to arrive in the timescales we have. A population of around 2 billion is probably the best we can hope for, given the total energy generation possible from renewables is barely a fifth of current production. Most importantly organic farming is incapable of maintaing the yeilds currently achieved from modern mechanised farming, due to the lack of ferilizers and nitrogen depletion of topsoil. In the next decade, two thirds of the arable land worldwide will be exhausted due to overproduction, yet it takes 500 years to replace an inch of topsoil.
Well of course I was being sarcastic in my use to the term Eugenics, but from a purely Secular Progressive outlook or viewpoint, they are or may well be forced to take into considerations of just such a program. I know it sounds science-fiction, but that's the reality of the world we live in and where it is headed. The world as we know it is changing rapidly and what was considered the norm a couple decades ago is now unrecognizable.

There are ways to save the Earth and top soil through a nature design of nature, but conventional Petro-Chemical industry and big government will not allow it. It's all based on wealth and control of money and who controls it. Scientists know this but they realize that all of their best solutions and ideas for a better environment require that everyone (every human being) be on board. However we don't live in a world where people willingly submit to a prescribed solution on anything. We live in a modern society where people have protested now for a couple decades to do their own thing. People resent being told what they can and cannot do and who or what authority is going to tell them otherwise. Take a look at this forum. Most members are of varying opinions and often threads have to be closed to keep the peace or in some cases a moderation of thought police is employed. In any event people will not by nature cooperate for the good of themselves let alone their neighbour. Those days are long gone.

On another note: Anyone read the news where China has relaxed their strict one child policy because they need more workers ??? Just curious. Sorry in advance if this has already been discussed. I just saw it last week on CNN.

Old 07-28-2009, 07:35 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,666,913 times
This thread has become absolutely unbelievable in its content and tone.

Unbelievable!

What's next? Forced sterilizations and/or abortions? Should we just send all our boys & girls off to the local "Spay & Neuter Clinic" before they reach puberty?

Old 07-28-2009, 07:50 AM

3,006 posts, read 3,869,470 times
Well I try not to impose ideology on this issue (or anything), I just look at matter of factly. I don't see anything good unfortunately. We have a massive population overshoot and the only way is down.

Old 07-28-2009, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by archineer View Post
Well I try not to impose ideology on this issue (or anything), I just look at matter of factly. I don't see anything good unfortunately. We have a massive population overshoot and the only way is down.
When you say "we", who are you referring to?

I won't speak on behalf of other countries, but in America our problem is not population. It is that we've become a culture of excessive consumption. Nobody makes anything, from scratch, at home anymore. We hop in our SUVs and drive to McDonalds. And those who can afford it drive past McDonalds and go to an expensive buffet.

Population isn't the problem. The problem is lifestyles of excess.

Old 07-28-2009, 08:17 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,352,895 times
Population control, worldwide, is a real necessity, but one that will not be imposed by government, in democratic countries. The planet has a way of "taking care" of itself. . . supervolcano's, rapid climate change, etc. It's not a matter of if, but only a matter of when.

Old 07-28-2009, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
Population control, worldwide, is a real necessity, but one that will not be imposed by government, in democratic countries. The planet has a way of "taking care" of itself. . . supervolcano's, rapid climate change, etc. It's not a matter of if, but only a matter of when.
And it SHOULDN'T be imposed by ANY government.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates