Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2010, 09:11 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,037,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2000 View Post
No. And-? So you think we should make all drugs legal? Not just pot, but cocaine and God knows what else? I hope you're not serious-? NO! I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT ADVOCATE LEGALIZING COCAINE, HEROIN, OR METH! All I am saying is that we are not by any means winning the so-called war on drugs!

So we don't catch everyone, therefore we should quit trying? ???? No. Not at all. I just think that we have to find a better way to do it. I wish I had the solution, but I don't. I just think that it's silly that pot was made illegal in the first place. You won't convince me otherwise.

I was "doing it" long before some of the people on this forum were born. Not relevant though. Good for you. To each, their own.

Again this thing with "it's a plant," as if that somehow makes it harmless. Sorry, no. And I agree there are bigger fish to fry, but so? They aren't mutually exclusive. Nothing is harmless, and I'm not saying that pot is harmless. Too much of anything is bad IMO! And, I think pot is a hell of a lot safer than some of the prescription stuff that they have on the market! I also think it is a hell of a lot safer than alcohol, which tends to give people "beer muscles." Never heard of anyone get "pot muscles."

Use of it, and esp growing of it, would most certainly spike. Look how much it's bought and used now and it's illegal. Take that threat away and you think use/production would stay the same? You kidding? So. Again, if people want smoke a joint on the weekend to kick back, as long as they are not driving, or at work, they are not hurting anyone. And again if it were legal, it's another tax revenue for this struggling economy. It doesn't just have to be for recreational use, but rather for medicinal purposes. Cancer patients, who suffer from nausea, and weight loss could, and certainly have benefited from it. To have something to take away the nausea, and give someone the munchies when you have a disease like that is a plus IMO! What other drug out there, legal or illegal increases appetite? Or for someone who has chronic arthritis, had an injury, or even MS. Why not administer THC as a painkiller? Less addictive (if at all) than the other painkillers out there like oxycodone, vicadone, ect...And what about for the purpose of making paper or clothing? Cannabis has very strong fibers. We can save a lot of trees if we had another source for paper, which would probably be better quality anyway.

Even if true (which I question), NV is hardly the whole country.
I read and comprehend just fine, but OK, since you claim I misunderstood, feel free to clarify re. that whole "pot is just a plant" thing. A plant with a lot of other benefits as referenced above! And for that matter, a lot less side-effects than all of that synthesized crap!

I've been there. Pass. Vegas was fun though.
Never been to Vegas. Would love to go someday. Not sure I'd want to live there, as the desert thing wouldn't appeal to me. I like greenery. Green grass, green trees, ect...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2010, 08:37 PM

133 posts, read 283,331 times
I grew up in the years that we went from the land of the free and the home of the brave,to the home of the brave and the land of the sheeple.There should be national elections on every single issue that "we the people" need to decide or revise. OF BY FOR . Do not shorten this to OBF. Instead chant by yourelf quietly until your bolder and are aquainted with how and why this country was spawned. Stand up.Say Of.Say it again.Loud and proud. OF BY FOR. OF BY FOR. Don't it feel good? It's the foundation the country is founded on. Turn off the TV. It'll suck your brain out. OF BY FOR . If we want marijuana users to do time in jail ? I want the people who stole peoples pensions to have their arms cut off. Who is right? I think we have to takeback our country. Majority rule! OF BY FOR

Old 03-05-2010, 09:44 PM

8,181 posts, read 9,254,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinefarm View Post
I grew up in the years that we went from the land of the free and the home of the brave,to the home of the brave and the land of the sheeple.There should be national elections on every single issue that "we the people" need to decide or revise. OF BY FOR . Do not shorten this to OBF. Instead chant by yourelf quietly until your bolder and are aquainted with how and why this country was spawned. Stand up.Say Of.Say it again.Loud and proud. OF BY FOR. OF BY FOR. Don't it feel good? It's the foundation the country is founded on. Turn off the TV. It'll suck your brain out. OF BY FOR . If we want marijuana users to do time in jail ? I want the people who stole peoples pensions to have their arms cut off. Who is right? I think we have to takeback our country. Majority rule! OF BY FOR
If we ever get to majority (mob) rule I am going to be even more worried than I am now. Find the term "democracy" in any founding documents, it is not there. Democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding what to have for dinner.

Old 03-05-2010, 11:26 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,128,819 times
Default Marijuana is safer...

Marijuana is safer? Says who? You are probably right to assume that if you listen to a bunch of pot heads. But Marijuana is against the law to use and have, so it doesn't make any difference if it is safer or not. That is pretty much the end of the story and the end of your argument...

Old 03-05-2010, 11:28 PM

61,254 posts, read 87,707,871 times
pot is not a better drug its a different drug with different effects. the notiion that pot is harmless has not been proven. certainly remaining in a drug culture exposes you to a different group than alcohol. its should not be either or, it should be neither.

Old 03-05-2010, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
Marijuana is safer? Says who? You are probably right to assume that if you listen to a bunch of pot heads. But Marijuana is against the law to use and have, so it doesn't make any difference if it is safer or not. That is pretty much the end of the story and the end of your argument...
It was once illegal to drink alcohol, should we have bowed to the elite and let the gangs rule the streets?

Old 03-06-2010, 08:14 AM

1,236 posts, read 3,931,135 times
Quote:

You're not one of those people that believes everything the government tells you are you?

Old 03-06-2010, 11:30 AM

4,049 posts, read 5,046,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
If we ever get to majority (mob) rule I am going to be even more worried than I am now. Find the term "democracy" in any founding documents, it is not there. Democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding what to have for dinner.
And a democratic republic (what the US is) is two wolves and a sheep deciding who will decide what to have for dinner.

Quote:
That's really your argument?
Harboring runaway slaves was against the law once too.

Old 03-06-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
And a democratic republic (what the US is) is two wolves and a sheep deciding who will decide what to have for dinner.
That is true now that we ignore that pesky document that was setup to protect the sheep. A democratically elected republic is fine with a strong constitution and bill of rights. Since 1913 we have really gone downhill is this regard.

Old 03-06-2010, 01:12 PM

2,125 posts, read 2,388,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
pot is not a better drug its a different drug with different effects. the notiion that pot is harmless has not been proven. certainly remaining in a drug culture exposes you to a different group than alcohol. its should not be either or, it should be neither.
Says the majority of people who have tried it and don't understand how it is more dangerous than booze (and usually feel, from experience, that it is far less dangerous). Pot may not be harmless, but it's harmful effects are far less debilitating than alcohol and a lot of prescription meds. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates