Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 03:50 PM

252 posts, read 660,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1phwalls View Post
Maude "you're gonna make me actually debate? weeeee." LMAO

Well I'm glad it was good for you too!

I don't think I know many people who would want to grow it themselves even if they thought they could make money. I will have to ask around. Because it is hard to grow, and I think most weed smokers wouldn't want to put that much effort into it. That would kill the buzz!

I never had a problem getting weed. It was readily available where I am from. I don't smoke anymore so I'm really not sure how the supply/demand is now.

But I think the government would treat it just like cigarettes, they would tax it to death and it would be cheaper, if not the same price, to get it from the guy at the corner. And if it was legal, the guy at the corner could lower his prices because he could cut out more of the middle men that he wanted to take the fall if there was ever a problem. He would only need key distribution personnel. No more people getting paid to sit out front to make warning calls of the pigs coming.

And in stores, I would have to show proof of age. If I use the drug dealer I could get it delivered to my house at 4 in the morning when I need my fix! I don't think Rite Aid is down for that.
Showing proof of age would be a nuisance, i suppose. kinda like bribing your of-age friends to buy you smokes/booze, am i right?

where I'm from, its rather hit-or-miss. I'll go for a few weeks where peeps I know will constantly text me, wanting to know if I'm looking. Then it'll be quiet for a long time and when I ask them, they have to get ahold of everyone they know because someone in the area got busted bad and it spooked the other dealers enough to be on the down-low for a bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 04:02 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,380,865 times
Quote:
Maude "you're gonna make me actually debate? weeeee." LMAO

Well I'm glad it was good for you too!

I don't think I know many people who would want to grow it themselves even if they thought they could make money. I will have to ask around. Because it is hard to grow, and I think most weed smokers wouldn't want to put that much effort into it. That would kill the buzz!

I never had a problem getting weed. It was readily available where I am from. I don't smoke anymore so I'm really not sure how the supply/demand is now.

But I think the government would treat it just like cigarettes, they would tax it to death and it would be cheaper, if not the same price, to get it from the guy at the corner. And if it was legal, the guy at the corner could lower his prices because he could cut out more of the middle men that he wanted to take the fall if there was ever a problem. He would only need key distribution personnel. No more people getting paid to sit out front to make warning calls of the pigs coming.

And in stores, I would have to show proof of age. If I use the drug dealer I could get it delivered to my house at 4 in the morning when I need my fix! I don't think Rite Aid is down for that.
Its hard to grow?

Its a damned weed for Christs sake. I can grow it by throwing seeds out in the yard. It may not grow to be the best stuff ever that way, but it will grow.

I grow, small amounts, and buy some periodically. Generally the slow times are in the off growing season, and because demand goes up in the winter. (depression fighting)

I know lots of smokers that grow their own, but this is Florida, and we have some pretty strict laws.

Old 08-11-2009, 04:21 PM

37,960 posts, read 22,139,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Simple pin prick will tell you if they are high. Also, there wasn't always a breathalyzer, and I'm sure if one is needed for Marijuana, it would be invented really quickly.

Most people don't drink beer for the taste. I started drinking to get drunk, as do most people. I started drinking higher quality beer, because I realized it tasted better then the stuff I was drinking. Still, I drink it to catch a buzz.
You'll have to explain that "pin prick" comment, and how a patrolman in his cruiser will determine how high a person is, or even what drugs he smoked.

Old 08-11-2009, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Its hard to grow?

Its a damned weed for Christs sake. I can grow it by throwing seeds out in the yard. It may not grow to be the best stuff ever that way, but it will grow.

I know lots of smokers that grow their own, but this is Florida, and we have some pretty strict laws.
Ah, florida would be a bit easier to grow. I'm over in North Dakota. Short, intense growing seasons are not entirely weed-friendly, unless you don't mind getting a massive headache and relatively small high.

Old 08-11-2009, 05:09 PM

751 posts, read 2,480,585 times
Memphis
I wasn't refering to growing one plant, I was talking about larger scale. Haven't you ever seen all the equipment they need? I think it's too involved for a true weed smoker. And if it's not the best stuff ever, no one will buy it. Unless you mean a plant all you own that your smokin by yourself.

I live in Ohio, it's not exactly a weed growing climate. It needs to be an indoor job.

Old 08-11-2009, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Memphis
I wasn't refering to growing one plant, I was talking about larger scale. Haven't you ever seen all the equipment they need? I think it's too involved for a true weed smoker. And if it's not the best stuff ever, no one will buy it. Unless you mean a plant all you own that your smokin by yourself.

I live in Ohio, it's not exactly a weed growing climate. It needs to be an indoor job.
I lived in Michigan, and grew 12 plants outside. I don't know what you mean by "larger scale". 12 plants was more than enough for me up there. I'm growing a slightly less number here, if you grow more than 10 plants its considered trafficing.

I know guys back home, with little more than a drum of water, and a little manure who grow fields of it. Believe me, these "good ole boys" don't have anything high tech going on.

Old 08-11-2009, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
You'll have to explain that "pin prick" comment, and how a patrolman in his cruiser will determine how high a person is, or even what drugs he smoked.
A blood test. They can do the same thing for Alcohol, and if they have probable cause, don't think they can't get it warrant lickty split. You can determine the level of THC in ones blood stream, and thus determine if they are high or not.

Old 08-11-2009, 07:27 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,885,366 times
You guys are saying your climates in ND and Ohio are too cold? Nah. The Boise National Forest is notorius for growing weed, and there is snow there five months a year.

I don't grow because if I get caught buying it is a $100 dollar fine and some community service. Growing, now that's a felony and like 5 years of rape me in the ass prison. No thanks

Old 08-11-2009, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jufrbo View Post
You guys are saying your climates in ND and Ohio are too cold? Nah. The Boise National Forest is notorius for growing weed, and there is snow there five months a year.

I don't grow because if I get caught buying it is a $100 dollar fine and some community service. Growing, now that's a felony and like 5 years of rape me in the ass prison. No thanks
Check your local laws. Like I said, in this state its still not a felony if you are growing less than 10 plants. I don't know what its like in Idaho, I've never been there.

Growing season, even in this part of Florida, is only 5 to 6 months long, unless you go indoors. April through August.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jufrbo View Post

Never said that you can't grow it. However, it tends to be sub-quality stuff. What the locals call "Dakota Ditch" grows everywhere. I think you could get higher smoking seeds and stems of decent stuff than you could smoking two bowls of that. Also, Boise's climate is a bit different than ND. you'd be surprised.

I also like how this discussion has switched to "its safer than drinking" to "proper growing conditions for weed" I'm seriously LOLing. We sound like a high times mag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates