Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2010, 12:16 PM

15,896 posts, read 12,022,186 times

Advertisements

Joey, since you quoted me, and mentioned that the authorities don't have the manpower to put the tinest dent in people growing with out a license, let me ask you then... do you then think that they have the manpower for this so-called "war on drugs?" Or what about the manpower to keep the illegal aliens from smuggling drugs across our borders? Yeah sure, we always hear of some big time dealer getting nabbed, but there is always someone else quick to take their spot! Are we winning the "war on drugs?" I doubt it! Hey, if you don't do it, haven't tried it, and don't think that it should be legalized then that is your opinion, and you are entitled to it. However; I think that there are way BIGGER fish to fry in this country than worrying about somebody growing a plant, or smoking it for that matter! People who smoke pot all day everyday will continue to do so(as with alcohol), legal or illegal. People who do it in moderation (as with alcohol).... same thing! I don't think that because it would be legal that people are going to go off the deep end, and become big time stoners!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2010, 01:59 PM

1,236 posts, read 3,926,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVlover View Post
Actually, i think it all depends on the persons chemistry , and, how strong the Marijuana is and if its been cut with anything. Way back when i foolishly engaged in Pot smoking to be cool and for the experience...I found regularly smoking Pot just after 2 weeks would get me almost to the point of hallucinating ; not very good when youre driving down the Freeway at 70 mph and swerving cause you think you need to 'avoid a head-on collision'. Im sure there are MANY others out there , who like me, were a danger on the roads . Pot needs to be totally banned and we need ignition lockout systems for people who try to start a car over the legal limit ; its the only way to stop the enormous fatalities associated with both drugs.

Ugh, no. Marijuana doesn't make you hallucinate. I've been a user off and on now for three years and have never experienced anything of that nature.

I currently work full-time in accounting for a logistics company, work as a merchandiser every other weekend and also go to school part-time. I for one do not feel foolish for smoking a little pot to kick back and relax on my time off.

Foolish? Drinking all night and going to work with a hangover the next morning. Yea, thats pretty foolish even though I've done it a few times.

Old 03-04-2010, 04:03 PM

418 posts, read 488,728 times
When I drink and drive, I pretty much have a don't give a sh*t attitude. However when I smoke and drive I have incredible paranoia, checking the mirrors at an ungodly rate.

Old 03-04-2010, 04:07 PM

418 posts, read 488,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gman6974 View Post
Ugh, no. Marijuana doesn't make you hallucinate. I've been a user off and on now for three years and have never experienced anything of that nature.

I currently work full-time in accounting for a logistics company, work as a merchandiser every other weekend and also go to school part-time. I for one do not feel foolish for smoking a little pot to kick back and relax on my time off.

Foolish? Drinking all night and going to work with a hangover the next morning. Yea, thats pretty foolish even though I've done it a few times.
If you smoke dirt weed you won't get a hallucination effect, but if you smoke very high quality stuff you can get minor hallucinations. I'm not talking about laced either, just very high potency.

Old 03-04-2010, 04:10 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,041,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Basically we really don't know that marijuana is safer.
Ever heard of someone overdosing on marijuana? Neither have I.
Ever heard of alcohol poisoning? Ya...

Old 03-04-2010, 05:29 PM

18,162 posts, read 15,682,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2000 View Post
First I have to say, what a horribly written article in the OP. Who wrote that, M Phelps' dealer? Anyway -

How is that relevant? This isn't about you or me or any single person - and do you really think if it was made legal, people would only smoke it at home?

Not surprising given your posts, but it doesn't change that 2 wrongs still don't make a right (PS not judging you I mean generally as the other person who said it did). I do appreciate that you were at least honest about it.

Sorry but that is frankly naive. Heck a lot of people grow their own now and it's illegal...if it was legal, "home growth" would absolutely explode. It's far too easy to do and to hide. There is no way authorities would have the manpower to put even the tiniest dent in people "growing without a license." The "it would generate so much revenue" just doesn't hold up IMO.

Well if THAT'S all......

Because we have to create laws that apply to everyone.

Quite true.

I see, so if it's "natural" it's good. Man-made = bad. Got it.

Well yeah, if THAT'S all, big deal. Right.

Like........

Yeah, are prisons are just packed with guys in for having a joint or 2. Riiight.

I wish "pro pot" people would just come out and say they want it legal because they like it and don't want the hassle/danger of getting it illegally, which is I think likely the main if not only real motivation for most of them by far. And PS I've been there myself - just didn't kid myself it was for more "noble" reasons.
Noble>, LMAO hardly, and yes NV's prisons and jails are full of guys and gals up on such petty beefs. As to the man made vs natural thing, you have taken the whole thing horribly out of context, and need to read a bit closer and maybe practice your comprehension? Backatcha By the way NV is a 'zero tolerance law' state, maybe you should move here, roflmao speaking of being all 'noble' and such. wow..........

Old 03-04-2010, 07:52 PM

1,236 posts, read 3,926,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfacedjenkins View Post
If you smoke dirt weed you won't get a hallucination effect, but if you smoke very high quality stuff you can get minor hallucinations. I'm not talking about laced either, just very high potency.
I don't smoke "dirt weed." I smoke mostly mids and have smoked dank bud on occasion(Price is not worth it to me). Although I can tell a difference between dank and mids, I have never hallucinated with dank.

If you hallucinate on marijuana, it's because you are either tired when you smoked, it was laced(which is very uncommon) or you are just a newb and started freaking out.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:12 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,227,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
do you then think that they have the manpower for this so-called "war on drugs?" Or what about the manpower to keep the illegal aliens from smuggling drugs across our borders?
No. And-? So you think we should make all drugs legal? Not just pot, but cocaine and God knows what else? I hope you're not serious-?

Quote:
Yeah sure, we always hear of some big time dealer getting nabbed, but there is always someone else quick to take their spot!
So we don't catch everyone, therefore we should quit trying? ????

Quote:
Hey, if you don't do it, haven't tried it,
I was "doing it" long before some of the people on this forum were born. Not relevant though.

Quote:
I think that there are way BIGGER fish to fry in this country than worrying about somebody growing a plant,
Again this thing with "it's a plant," as if that somehow makes it harmless. Sorry, no. And I agree there are bigger fish to fry, but so? They aren't mutually exclusive.

Quote:
I don't think that because it would be legal that people are going to go off the deep end, and become big time stoners!
Use of it, and esp growing of it, would most certainly spike. Look how much it's bought and used now and it's illegal. Take that threat away and you think use/production would stay the same? You kidding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Noble>, LMAO hardly, and yes NV's prisons and jails are full of guys and gals up on such petty beefs.
Even if true (which I question), NV is hardly the whole country.
Quote:
As to the man made vs natural thing, you have taken the whole thing horribly out of context, and need to read a bit closer and maybe practice your comprehension?
I read and comprehend just fine, but OK, since you claim I misunderstood, feel free to clarify re. that whole "pot is just a plant" thing.

Quote:
you should move here
I've been there. Pass. Vegas was fun though.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:47 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,386,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maude Kipz View Post

I also like how this discussion has switched to "its safer than drinking" to "proper growing conditions for weed" I'm seriously LOLing. We sound like a high times mag.
I didn't read through the whole thread but I noticed that shift funny...

Marijuana is safer than alcohol, in general. That said, look at all the hype with banning cigarette smoking here , there and everywhere. What would people say about all that skunky mj wafting around?

While I am for legalization of marijuana, it would cause a major ruckus to allow people to smoke wherever they pleased. There would have to be smoking cafes as well as a societal understanding of being safe and courteous with the way you consume your substance. The fact that we, as a nation, handle the consumption of alcohol so poorly makes some folks really freak out with the marijuana discussion.

What's funny is that you can step into lots of clubs and bars across the nation where people are getting rip roaring drunk and sniffing lines in the bathroom and generally going absolutely richter, while stoners could be out on the bar patio just having a relaxed smoke (they're actually the ones to probably just stay home in the first place or call it a night early), but parts of society still don't get it.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:59 AM

6,776 posts, read 13,576,589 times
Apples and oranges. Two totally different buzzes. I much prefer to be tipsy than stoned, but hey that's just me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates