Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2009, 02:04 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,671,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWARK MAGIC View Post
This is a typical reaction of a plebian and passive agressive zealot; when they are proven wrong or their opinions are shown to be bizzare and fanatical, they try and save face by insinuating that they were never really serious in the first place, hence Omaha Rock's "grow a sense of humor" comment. Omaha Rocks is beyond silly.

Here, early on in the thread, Omaha Rocks claims that the thread will go nowhere, that it will be "a kick-ball for bored people," and that it will go "round and round and round and round." After his own prediction he then submits more posts (I stopped counting at 51) than any other poster to the thread, by far. You see, now, if he tries to wiggle out of being guilty of his own self-righteous prediction, he will try to explain what he "REALLY" meant when he posted the aforementioned prediction. He already used the "I was not really serious, so get a sense of humor" defense. Maybe he'll try the worn out "why don't you get a life" rebuttal next. Or perhaps the always interesting "I don't debate losers" reply. This poster is the epitome of a self-righteous zealot who thinks that anyone with an opinion other than his does not hold merit. Bigotry at it's finest (or worst).
YAWN. I'm flattered that you are obsessed with me.

Honestly, the problem I see in trying to have any debate/discussion with you is that you bring nothing intelligent to the board. That is all.

Old 09-06-2009, 02:09 PM

284 posts, read 542,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
YAWN. It's SO flattering that you are obsessed with me.

Honestly, the problem I see in trying to have any debate/discussion with you is that you bring nothing intelligent to the board. That is all.
Oh, yeah, I forgot about the "you are obsessed with me" one. Someone calls him out and shows everyone, with proof, that he is guilty of his own prediction and in the same thread where he predicted it, and the only thing he can say is that I am obsessed with him.

I hate to burst your bubble Omaha, but the post and the research involved to prove my accusations took a total of 4 minutes. That is how blatant your ignorance is. So have fun kicking your own ball around, remember YOU were the one who said that.

My post is relevant because it shows that your credibility is ruined in terms of this thread.

Old 09-06-2009, 02:41 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,412,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeing Spots View Post
If you make that choice... Yes you are gay... Call it "playing around" or what have you it's still a gay choice.

If you are not sick in the head you will not make such a choice in my opinion.
Again, the entire mental health profession says YOU are wrong. Homosexuality is no more a "choice" than heterosexuality.

Do yourself a favor and educate yourself...

Answers to Your Questions For a Better Understanding of Sexual Orientation & Homosexuality

Sexual orientation refers to an enduring pattern of emotional, romantic, and/or sexual attractions to men, women, or both sexes. Sexual orientation also refers to a person’s sense of identity based on those attractions, related behaviors, and membership in a community of others who share those attractions. Research over several decades has demonstrated that sexual orientation ranges along a continuum, from exclusive attraction to the other sex to exclusive attraction to the same sex. However, sexual orientation is usually discussed in terms of three categories: heterosexual (having emotional, romantic, or sexual attractions to members of the other sex), gay/lesbian (having emotional, romantic, or sexual attractions to members of one’s own sex), and bisexual (having emotional, romantic, or sexual attractions to both men and women). This range of behaviors and attractions has been described in various cultures and nations throughout the world. Many cultures use identity labels to describe people who express these attractions. In the United States the most frequent labels are lesbians (women attracted to women), gay men (men attracted to men), and bisexual people (men or women attracted to both sexes). However, some people may use different labels or none at all.

Old 09-06-2009, 03:38 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,562,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CriTAUcal View Post
Evidently this sickness is cause by a sick egg and sperm, because same sex couples can't reproduce. Same type of sickness that produces Down syndrome.
actually this is moronic logic because same sex couples can choose not to reproduce. A gay man has sperm and lesbians have eggs and both can reproduce if they wanted to.
As for choice? do straight people chose heterosexuality? Comparing homosexuality with Down's Syndrome is insulting to both.
A child with Down's Syndrome faces a life with mental and physical disabilities whereas most gay people do not.

Old 09-06-2009, 05:01 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,427,891 times
Quote:
What do Catcher In The Rye and black helicopters have to do with each other?
"Conspiracy Theory" starring Julia Roberts and Mel Gibson. About 10 years old.

He's trying to say you are paranoid and think the government is always up to something.

Old 09-06-2009, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWARK MAGIC View Post
Oh, yeah, I forgot about the "you are obsessed with me" one. Someone calls him out and shows everyone, with proof, that he is guilty of his own prediction and in the same thread where he predicted it, and the only thing he can say is that I am obsessed with him.

I hate to burst your bubble Omaha, but the post and the research involved to prove my accusations took a total of 4 minutes. That is how blatant your ignorance is. So have fun kicking your own ball around, remember YOU were the one who said that.

My post is relevant because it shows that your credibility is ruined in terms of this thread.
Because you say so. Such is life in the land of delusion.

Old 09-06-2009, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
"Conspiracy Theory" starring Julia Roberts and Mel Gibson. About 10 years old.

He's trying to say you are paranoid and think the government is always up to something.
I am paranoid and think the government is always up to something? Not sure where he/she would get that idea. I've said no such thing.

Old 09-06-2009, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Again, the entire mental health profession says YOU are wrong. Homosexuality is no more a "choice" than heterosexuality.
Do yourself a favor and admit that the "entire mental health profession" DOES NOT say that.

There is an entire organization (maybe more than one) of mental health PROFESSIONALS who don't ascribe to the APA mantra. They may all be wrong, but your assertion that "the entire mental health profession" says something is completely, totally and flagrantly incorrect.

Old 09-06-2009, 05:28 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,427,891 times
Quote:
I am paranoid and think the government is always up to something? Not sure where he/she would get that idea. I've said no such thing.
Yeah. I beleive he was talking to History Rules. I just answered your question assuming he was talking to you. Like I care who's saying what.

Old 09-06-2009, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Yeah. I beleive he was talking to History Rules. I just answered your question assuming he was talking to you. Like I care who's saying what.
Okay. I just wasn't getting the connection between Catcher In The Rye and helicopters. Obviously, as you know, there's nothing about helicopters in the book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates