Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2009, 11:12 PM

2,255 posts, read 5,397,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trmihall01 View Post
You know its funny to me that when your points are debunked you feel the need to point someone to another thread. I am on this thread, this is where i choose to be and post. If you do not like it, dont read or respond to it. The only problem I am experiencing at present is the that you try to use every venue possible to point out that there's something wrong or unnatural about being homosexual, when the simple truth is that it is a natural thing for alot of people, just as much a heterosexuality is for you. It is a hate thing whether or not you want to admit it, or I guess a fear thing for most, much like the race issue in this country, just because you don't openly admit something just means your still trying to fool yourself, but, hey atleast the rest of us get it!
I did'nt say you could'nt debate here. What I have said is the hatred, paranoia and persecution complex have nothing to do with the O.P.'s first post and no one else has brought it into the picture but you and one or two others.

Again if you don't like the science then contact Peter Meyers, Theo Colborn and Dianne Dumanoski and let them be aware that your superior intellectual research into the matter has exposed major flaws in their findings and that you demand they shut their site down immediately. I would have no problem if you had personal research in that regards and what conclusions they may have on your personal findings with regards Bisphenol A. If you refused to obtain the book, then perhaps some free info from their website might suffice. Here, let me help you find it.

Our Stolen Future: Home

This is also not a question or debate about wrong or right. No one has brought that up but you and again a couple of other choice posters. I have worked with many who were of the homosexual persuasion and enjoyed them as co-workers. They were honest hard working people. But this paranoia here is clearly an indication of other deeper more complex issues you may have regarding others whom you assume because they don't practice your version of sex must somehow be right-wing bigots. I don't even vote or support any government on the planet. So I have no political right-wing agenda. Again, this thread has nothing to do with your off balanced psycological mindset you must be shackled to. You may want to take care of that.

Old 09-08-2009, 11:17 PM

2,255 posts, read 5,397,235 times
Quote:
For the record it may at times be a choice ( i tend to think that leads to bisexuality) but it is most certainly not a genetic DISEASE. Muscular Distrophy is a genetic disease, CP is a gentic disease, MS is a gentic disease. Homosexuality is a born trait, much like the color of eyes and hair!
You've got several scientists with no other agenda than helping the public become aware of a major health threat to our planet and human society. They have proven that chemicals created by science for big business have indeed caused a hijacking of genes during fetal development and as the replication domino goes, it gets worse with each successive generation. They call not only this, but a whole host of other modern day ailements genetic diseases. Take it up with them and show them that your own personal scientific research proves them wrong.

Old 09-09-2009, 12:29 AM

530 posts, read 650,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepacific View Post
You've got several scientists with no other agenda than helping the public become aware of a major health threat to our planet and human society. They have proven that chemicals created by science for big business have indeed caused a hijacking of genes during fetal development and as the replication domino goes, it gets worse with each successive generation. They call not only this, but a whole host of other modern day ailements genetic diseases. Take it up with them and show them that your own personal scientific research proves them wrong.
You know the funny thing is that during nursing school and all the way through to my ACNP which is a doctorate degree I studied genetic diseases, and wow guess what, homosexuality was never mentioned. We have no diagnosis code for homosexuality and unless it has to do with a pts treatment, sexual orientation is never asked or mention in treatments for medical issues. But hey I guess my 10+ yrs schooling and training in medicine was to cure real diseases, not the made up ones in your head. Also I would like to mention, I am rather glad you don't vote, however, I DO!

Old 09-09-2009, 01:34 AM

742 posts, read 1,228,285 times
Quote:
For the record it may at times be a choice ( i tend to think that leads to bisexuality) but it is most certainly not a genetic DISEASE. Muscular Distrophy is a genetic disease, CP is a gentic disease, MS is a gentic disease. Homosexuality is a born trait, much like the color of eyes and hair!
and where would u put say albinoism?

Old 09-09-2009, 01:45 AM

4,474 posts, read 5,412,581 times
Quote:
Well this of course would account for the hostile attitude to the research. You just slogged. Perhaps you could contact these researchers/scientists who made these major studies and show them where your personal research can prove them to be liars!!!
Feel free to point out where I stated THEIR research was flawed. The flaw is in you attempting to connect their research with homosexuality.

Quote:
Wow, when you really have no answer, then simply tear out some script from the A & A Playbook add a few Dawkinian terminology and it saves the day. Again this is not some religious verses Atheist discussion. I've already told you they have a playground here for that type of activity.
Once again, feel free to show where I brought a Religion/Atheism context into this discussion.

Also, just because someone shows that your premise is inherently flawed doesn't negate the simple fact thet YOU are wrong, nor does it require someone to "go post on another board".

Quote:
No one said it was'nt around. It's just that today while the choice card still exists, there are other serious factors you can blame the god of scientifism on. People effected by what science has brought us clearly DO NOT have the same option of choice. I'm simply acknowledging that I am aware of that.
And yet once again, ALL diseases, genetic or otherwise, can be found in the various diagnostic codex. Since you will NOT find any diagnostic code for homosexuality, ONCE AGAIN you are proven wrong.

And the organizations responsible for those codex state, unequivicably, that homosexuality is NOT a choice. Of course feel more than free to point to any degrees you might have superior to these professionals and these professional peer review groups.

Quote:
Clearly some sort of accountibility paranoia complexes going on here. Again the O.P. never meant to bring up the hatred mire that seems to be churning up here in this clearly agitated sea of debate.
I see, so people who disagree with you, AND show your opinions and "evidence" to be inherently flawed and just plain wrong, not only are "required" to take it to another board, but are also "spouting hatred".

You are simply wrong, so man up and admit it.

Old 09-09-2009, 01:47 AM

4,474 posts, read 5,412,581 times
Quote:
.....This thread is not dealing with imagined or real homosexual paranoia persecution complexes. It's simply a discussion of could it be a choice or a genetic disease and clearly it is both. .....
The only person who is bringing in any paranioa complexes is you yourself.

And we still await the diagnosis code for homosexuality, AND your professional degrees which would negate mental health professionals and entire peer review groups.

Old 09-09-2009, 05:44 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,671,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
The only person who is bringing in any paranioa complexes is you yourself.

And we still await the diagnosis code for homosexuality, AND your professional degrees which would negate mental health professionals and entire peer review groups.
Several weeks, and several hundred posts later, you're absolutely obsessed. You repeat the same mantra and, regardless of who else is posting, you absolutely refuse to so much as listen.

You obviously have an extremely unhealthy and hostile fixation with homosexuality.

Talk about cramming your agenda down people's throats... Sheesh!

Old 09-09-2009, 05:48 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,785,557 times

Perhaps it's like smoking (no pun intended).
People feel peer pressure to start, only those who are genetically predisposed to be weak minded cave in. Once the persons falls into the habit they become addicted and defend their addiction as their "right" in order to salve their perpetually nagging conscience. They become indignant and even violent when someone even suggests that the habit is not only detrimental to their health but to other peoples heath as well.
Those people who on the other hand are genetically predisposed to be more strong-willed never give in to peer pressure and more likely than not, never understand the attraction that "smoking" had in the first place.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:39 AM

46 posts, read 55,615 times
Quote:
Firstly, same-gendred couples DO have children, whether adopted or through a surragate.
Quote:

Secondly, I don't know about you, but I married purely for emotional reasons as well.

Lastely, there are hetero couples who either cannot, or choose not to, have children. Are these people also to be labeled "unnatural" and persecuted and oppressed like gays are?
Because there is an OBVIOUS difference between the two that ANYONE with common sense should be able to differentiate. If hetero couples CANT have kids its due to a physical abnomality or maybe even a medical reason. It's not because they cant put two of the SAME parts together and create a child. I mean.. how is that not obvious? And on top of that kids raised in a gay household are probably 10 times more likely to be gay themselves.

Quote:
1. Can sterile heterosexuals?
Quote:

2. Good for you. Are you offering this as a reason to uphold discrimination and persecution of gays?

3. Feel free to show where I claimed YOU were homophobic. Or is this just a means of not answering the question I posed?

Endless argument and I do not have the time trying to figure out your emotional feelings. Basically this is heterosexual bashing for not understanding the emotional feelings of gay people. So find someone else to bash with this mess.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:30 AM

530 posts, read 650,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Cells View Post

Perhaps it's like smoking (no pun intended).
People feel peer pressure to start, only those who are genetically predisposed to be weak minded cave in. Once the persons falls into the habit they become addicted and defend their addiction as their "right" in order to salve their perpetually nagging conscience. They become indignant and even violent when someone even suggests that the habit is not only detrimental to their health but to other peoples heath as well.
Those people who on the other hand are genetically predisposed to be more strong-willed never give in to peer pressure and more likely than not, never understand the attraction that "smoking" had in the first place.
I'd much rather be in a room full of homosexuals than smokers! Not to mention homosexuality really doesn't hurt anyone, but smoking does! I don't really think that a sex addiction is what causes homosexuality if it were an addiction wouldnt bisexuality be the most promient thing to come out of it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates