Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2009, 10:57 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,716,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panter88 View Post

Because there is an OBVIOUS difference between the two that ANYONE with common sense should be able to differentiate. If hetero couples CANT have kids its due to a physical abnomality or maybe even a medical reason. It's not because they cant put two of the SAME parts together and create a child. I mean.. how is that not obvious? And on top of that kids raised in a gay household are probably 10 times more likely to be gay themselves.

Endless argument and I do not have the time trying to figure out your emotional feelings. Basically this is heterosexual bashing for not understanding the emotional feelings of gay people. So find someone else to bash with this mess.
Lol!

Old 09-09-2009, 11:07 AM

742 posts, read 1,228,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trmihall01 View Post
I'd much rather be in a room full of homosexuals than smokers! Not to mention homosexuality really doesn't hurt anyone, but smoking does! I don't really think that a sex addiction is what causes homosexuality if it were an addiction wouldnt bisexuality be the most promient thing to come out of it?
yeah i can't stand smokers either, they are the worst!

Old 09-09-2009, 12:46 PM

2,406 posts, read 7,902,107 times
Quote:
Homosexuality is for pure emotional pleasures with a zero chance of creating another life, whereas heterosexuality is also for emotional pleasures too, but with a high degree of creating another life. Like I said before, the natural built-in pleasures of sex experienced by heteorsexuals guarantees the continuation of procreation and life itself. whereas the pleasures that homosexuals experiences are just that. If sex ever becomes unpleasurable to heteorsexuals then there wouldn't be any procreation and life as we know it would become non-existing.

All the other stuff that you say gays look for I agree with you on, since we all are human, but I'm sure there are some homosexuals wish they could procreate with their partner of the same sex, which is very strange.
My husband and I married with the intention of having no children. We married on a purely emotional basis.

And wtf!? There needs to be some sort of population control! Marriage is not solely for procreation...maybe hundreds of years ago but this is 2009.

Old 09-09-2009, 12:56 PM

2,406 posts, read 7,902,107 times
Please see the bolded and underlined quote below. Do you have research to back up your B.S? 10 times more likely? I know of 2 men raised by a gay parent, gay father actually, both married and heterosexual. Creating lies to back up your personal agenda is not a way for anyone to take you seriously. Less emotion more facts.

Quote:

Because there is an OBVIOUS difference between the two that ANYONE with common sense should be able to differentiate. If hetero couples CANT have kids its due to a physical abnomality or maybe even a medical reason. It's not because they cant put two of the SAME parts together and create a child. I mean.. how is that not obvious? And on top of that kids raised in a gay household are probably 10 times more likely to be gay themselves.

Endless argument and I do not have the time trying to figure out your emotional feelings. Basically this is heterosexual bashing for not understanding the emotional feelings of gay people. So find someone else to bash with this mess.

Old 09-09-2009, 04:20 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,793,239 times
Like anything else, I think that it is absurd to generalize. While some people may well be born gay, others clearly become gay due to events (being molested) a desire for attention, or to offend society, lack of confidence coupled with being approached by gay people offering comfort, etc, and other reasons.

If people can be born with both sex organs, or with no sex organs, it seems likely that some people must be born with the wrong sex organs for that person.

On the other hand, how do you explain people who are gay for years or decades and suddenly change to heterosexual get married and never have gay thoughts again? Not everyone who proclaims homosexuality is born gay.

A substantial number of the gay people that I know each had one or several horrid childhood sexual experiences. (i.e. being molested, often by someone of the same sex). In some cases it is obvious to me that there is a link between that and their sexual choice.

With some gay people that I know, it is patently obvious that they are looking for attention or an opportunity to offend everyone that they can. I do not think that anyone can say that there are no people who are gay for this reason. If they do say so, then IMO they are not very observant.

I watched (figuratively, not literally) as a childhood friend became gay. He was insanely shy and would never approach a girl (or anyone else). No girls ever approached him because they all thought that he was stuck up or gay because he would not say a word to a girl. Later, various gay men noticed his shyness and aloofness and approached him with offers. He was not interested. Eventually the offers coupled with an inability to bring himself to talk to females wore him down and he acquiesced. He said "this is the only way I will ever find someone to love me" He told me that the physical actions did not matter to him, it was just an expression of love and since he was too shy to approach girls and only gay men would approach him, he went with his available options. Ultimately, he married a guy. He was not born gay. In fact I am not sure that he ever was actually truly gay.

The bottom line is that everyone is different. Gay people are gay for different reasons.

You cannot say that homosexual acts are not a choice. All sexual acts are a choice. You do not have to act on desires. In fact, you can act opposite your desires. I do it all the time, it is directly related to raising children. Many people sacrifice what they desire for what they believe to be right or necessary.

To say that some animals exhibit gay behavior means nothing. That does not make the act natural amongst all species. In fact, it does not even make the act natural amongst the species where it occurs. It occurs more obviously amongst dogs, but that is not a sexual act, it is a form of domination.

Ultimately, I think that it is absolutely insane to attempt to generalize about all gay people in any manner whosoever. They are people. All people are different from each other and all do the things that they do for different reasons. You cannot rationally say anything at all about all gay people. You cannot even say that all gay people are gay, because some of them eventually turn out not to be.

Old 09-09-2009, 04:49 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,716,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Like anything else, I think that it is absurd to generalize. While some people may well be born gay, others clearly become gay due to events (being molested) a desire for attention, or to offend society, lack of confidence coupled with being approached by gay people offering comfort, etc, and other reasons.

If people can be born with both sex organs, or with no sex organs, it seems likely that some people must be born with the wrong sex organs for that person.

On the other hand, how do you explain people who are gay for years or decades and suddenly change to heterosexual get married and never have gay thoughts again? Not everyone who proclaims homosexuality is born gay.

A substantial number of the gay people that I know each had one or several horrid childhood sexual experiences. (i.e. being molested, often by someone of the same sex). In some cases it is obvious to me that there is a link between that and their sexual choice.

With some gay people that I know, it is patently obvious that they are looking for attention or an opportunity to offend everyone that they can. I do not think that anyone can say that there are no people who are gay for this reason. If they do say so, then IMO they are not very observant.

I watched (figuratively, not literally) as a childhood friend became gay. He was insanely shy and would never approach a girl (or anyone else). No girls ever approached him because they all thought that he was stuck up or gay because he would not say a word to a girl. Later, various gay men noticed his shyness and aloofness and approached him with offers. He was not interested. Eventually the offers coupled with an inability to bring himself to talk to females wore him down and he acquiesced. He said "this is the only way I will ever find someone to love me" He told me that the physical actions did not matter to him, it was just an expression of love and since he was too shy to approach girls and only gay men would approach him, he went with his available options. Ultimately, he married a guy. He was not born gay. In fact I am not sure that he ever was actually truly gay.

The bottom line is that everyone is different. Gay people are gay for different reasons.

You cannot say that homosexual acts are not a choice. All sexual acts are a choice. You do not have to act on desires. In fact, you can act opposite your desires. I do it all the time, it is directly related to raising children. Many people sacrifice what they desire for what they believe to be right or necessary.

To say that some animals exhibit gay behavior means nothing. That does not make the act natural amongst all species. In fact, it does not even make the act natural amongst the species where it occurs. It occurs more obviously amongst dogs, but that is not a sexual act, it is a form of domination.

Ultimately, I think that it is absolutely insane to attempt to generalize about all gay people in any manner whosoever. They are people. All people are different from each other and all do the things that they do for different reasons. You cannot rationally say anything at all about all gay people. You cannot even say that all gay people are gay, because some of them eventually turn out not to be.
Reps to you! This is one of the most honest and refreshing posts I have ever seen in this forum.

Clearly you understand how this topic/issue has been hijacked and controlled by the PC powers that be and it is equally clear that you are one of the painfully few remaining who dare think and express their own thoughts on the subject.

This whole "gay" status so prominent today in the media is about 99% concocted and results from aggressive promotion by society's fringe elements. And, as evidenced by the never ending chorus of sheep who will condemn your post as "ignorance", it has been an easy task to program the vast majority of the population to fall in lock step.

Old 09-09-2009, 06:31 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,138,312 times
I think it is a personality disorder. Some deal with it better than others.

Old 09-09-2009, 06:39 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,412,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Cells View Post

Perhaps it's like smoking (no pun intended).
People feel peer pressure to start, only those who are genetically predisposed to be weak minded cave in. Once the persons falls into the habit they become addicted and defend their addiction as their "right" in order to salve their perpetually nagging conscience. They become indignant and even violent when someone even suggests that the habit is not only detrimental to their health but to other peoples heath as well.
Those people who on the other hand are genetically predisposed to be more strong-willed never give in to peer pressure and more likely than not, never understand the attraction that "smoking" had in the first place.
Sorry, but those researchers, scientists, and mental health professionals involved state your premise is incorrect.

Old 09-09-2009, 06:50 PM

Quote:

Firstly, there is no difference for the purposes of this debate. Lack of any direct procreation, whether voluntary or due to medical reasons, is no valid reason to urge discrimination.

Secondly, once again the APA proves you wrong through clinical, peer reviewed research. Yay science..
APA Policy Statement on Sexual Orientation, Parents, & Children

There simply is no descernable difference between children raised in a hetero household compared to a same-gendered household.

Quote:
There is no emotion involved on my part whatsoever, unless one can claim that supporting Equality in the United States, attempting to educate those who remain purposefully ignorant, and fighting against an agenda of misinformation is somehow inheretly "emotional".

I am a hetero grandfather who laid aside his prejudice towards gays long ago, an unfounded bigotry that evaporated in the bright sunlight of rationality and sciences.

Old 09-09-2009, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
I think it is a personality disorder. Some deal with it better than others.
So I'll ask you then.

Each and every single disease and or personality disorder known to man can be found in the DSM diagnostic codex.

If you feel like wasting your time looking for something that isn't there, feel free to try and find the DSm diagnostic code for homosexuality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates