Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2009, 03:42 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,164,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Unless you can prove the assertion to be wrong, you have rebutted nothing.
You are a cross dressing, alien who committed the holocaust, and wants to destroy the world.

By your logic, you have to prove the assertions wrong, before we execute you.

You are not very smart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
TK - to say you are "sexist" would be a vast understatement.

You also like to stereotype people - as you do when you talk about a womans "role".

A woman can, and should, do whatever she wants to and can qualify for. There is NO stereotypical role for a woman TK. It is time that YOU, TKramer, come to grips with the "new world".
TK seems incapable of seeing females as human beings.

Old 10-12-2009, 03:51 PM

597 posts, read 1,297,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
In your opinion, should women be in the workplace? Or, is their "place" only in the home?
The woman has as much intelligence as man. Some women are more intelligent than many men.
However, some jobs are not for them: Military, police officer, truck driver and many others that afect the femininity and over time change their behavior.
It is good for the woman does not have to work outside her home. If she needs to work , wich is a job that combines with the feminine nature: Teacher, nurse, doctor and many others.
As a man, I would not to see my wife, away from home, fighting a war with lethal weapons in her hands or police chasing criminals or living in a sub together a lot of men.
I am latino and maybe my head and minds are different.

Old 10-12-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAZILIAN View Post
The woman has as much intelligence as man. Some women are more intelligent than many men.
However, some jobs are not for them: Military, police officer, truck driver and many others that afect the femininity and over time change their behavior.
It is good for the woman does not have to work outside her home. If she needs to work , wich is a job that combines with the feminine nature: Teacher, nurse, doctor and many others.
As a man, I would not to see my wife, away from home, fighting a war with lethal weapons in her hands or police chasing criminals or living in a sub together a lot of men.
What is feminine? I have train with many girls in martial arts. I find their kick ass attitude towards life far more appealing then a submissive wife.
You are basically saying, I want women to act this way. Which is stupid because 1. You do not have the right to choose what females can and can not do inside the boundary of the law. 2. You idea that females must act a certain way, is sexist. 3. Many women would disagree with having to be locked inside a house all day. 4. There are male teachers, nurses, and doctors.
Nice to know your wife choices are her own. Sure she would appreciate it knowing that any choice she makes will be over ruled by your will. I hope you are looking forward to having a divorce.
A lot of women wouldn't mind living surrounded by a lot of men.

I don't really care what race, culture or sex you are, unless you can give a proper reason why we should bar a group of humans from doing what they want then you are a bigot.

Old 10-12-2009, 04:34 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,102,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAZILIAN View Post
Wow, you are so backwards it's not even funny. Then again I should expect no less from a macho man Latino. I am a pretty conservative guy and I see nothing wrong with females in the military and police provided they meet the same requirements as men.

I also know for a fact that females serve in the Brazilian military and in the State Civil and Military Police forces.

Feminism and M-16s: transforming macho policing in Rio | World news | The Guardian

I would find it ironic if one day it's one of those female police officers that save your life.

Old 10-13-2009, 04:45 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
You are a cross dressing, alien who committed the holocaust, and wants to destroy the world.

By your logic, you have to prove the assertions wrong, before we execute you.

You are not very smart.
Those are your assertions, and unless I can prove otherwise, I cannot rebut them. Rebuttal requires that I disprove your points. Not simply saying, "That's not true." You understand the concept better now?

Old 10-13-2009, 04:46 AM

Quote:

TK seems incapable of seeing females as human beings.
How so? Just because I believe that traditional gender roles are both good, and exist for good reason?

Old 10-13-2009, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Those are your assertions, and unless I can prove otherwise, I cannot rebut them. Rebuttal requires that I disprove your points. Not simply saying, "That's not true." You understand the concept better now?
Pointing out your appeals to ignorance is the rebuttal

Old 10-13-2009, 05:04 AM

Quote:
How so? Just because I believe that traditional gender roles are both good, and exist for good reason?
No you want people bar from being what they want to be.

Old 10-13-2009, 05:21 AM

Quote:
No you want people bar from being what they want to be.
I want to be a rock star--do you think it's likely? Me neither. Doesn't matter what you WANT, it's what you're capable of.

Old 10-13-2009, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Pointing out your appeals to ignorance is the rebuttal
No, a rebuttal would be disproving your assertions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates