Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 07:27 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007.5 View Post
It is difficult to make rational appeal to Someone who has acquired apathy toward morality and values needed for a civil society . Willfully suppressing your Moral Conscience to be accomodating toward deviant behavior having severe consequences , will only hasten the demise of America. Would your Parents have approved of your amoral convictions on this subject ? Hardly.
it is difficult to make a rational appeal to someone who has closed their mind to the realities sex between consenting adults. you might not do any of these things in your sex life but many adults do, both hetro and homosexual. your study from 1972 is over 30 years old, I doubt the stats are relevant anymore. parents are some of the same people who engage in your list of deviant behaviors. this stuff is as old as man
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 08:29 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
There is absolutely nothing in either the bill nor the news coverage that implies that Milk is being honored because he is gay. There is this interesting line in the story that parents might think it is introducing sexuality into the classroom. But Abraham Lincoln was a heterosexual who had sex with his wife and nobody thinks celebrating his birthday is bringing sex into the classroom. That fear by hysterical parents is the only thing controversial about the designation of the day.

The entire gay connection in this event has been interjected into it by the OP and people who write the blogs that he blindly adulates, and there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to believe that the fact that Milk was gay had anything to do with it. The only evidence that there is any sexuality involved in this at all is in the purely imaginary reaction by gaybashers.

It's like Ohio anorexics objecting to having the birth of William Howard Taft shoved down their throat by the fat agenda, and honoring the "fat icon".

The OP is just trying to "get some traction" for a story that HE says "ought to get up some traction", but as usual, nobody gives a sweet crap what HE thinks ought to get some traction. This is a non-issue to everybody except the kneejerk gaybasher trolls who are constantly spamming the forums with this junk.
The most pathetic aspect of this unadulterated trash heap of a post is that a sizable percentage of readers will take seriously something this utterly foolish and false simply because it conforms to their programming. Pro-gay, good. Anti-gay, bad. The PC police have allowed them no other thoughts.

SB 572 Senate Bill - CHAPTERED

Those who care to read it for themselves and think for themselves can make their own decision about whether there is anything in the bill that " implies that Milk is being honored because he is gay." They can also make their own decision about whether it compels the teaching and acceptance of homosexuality in the public schools.

Old 10-15-2009, 11:05 PM

42,554 posts, read 86,977,099 times
Thank you for providing the full text of the senate bill, which clearly states that:

(b) On each of the days designated in subdivision (a), all public
schools and educational institutions are encouraged to observe those
days and to conduct suitable commemorative exercises as follows:
(4) On Harvey Milk Day, exercises remembering the life of Harvey
Milk, recognizing his accomplishments, and familiarizing pupils with
the contributions he made to this state

As you can see, nothing is mandatory, and the schools are merely encouraged to observe the day, and no reference is made to homosexuality as a part of any school observance.

Why aren't you frothing at the mouth about the anti-logging agenda being shoved down our throats by the same bill designating "John Muir Day", and the drug-culture agenda being shoved down our throats by the same bill designating "California Poppy Day" to memorialize this plant which acts as a mild sedative when smoked, and the "Day of the Teacher" to encourage teachers to usurp the authority of parents, and shove whatever they want down out throats in contradiction to the selfish brutes their parents want their kids to grow up like?

Last edited by jtur88; 10-15-2009 at 11:16 PM..

Old 10-15-2009, 11:50 PM

136 posts, read 235,485 times
I love the people that think homosexuality is a choice. They chose to be heterosexual (because of the heterosexual agenda that was shoved down their throat?). Heterosexuality was not natural for them, due to them having to make a decision on their sexual orientation.

You really do have to question the sexuality of people who say homosexuality is a choice, because obviously they are speaking from experience. Their experience is all that they can really know for sure.

Being heterosexual was never a choice for me, so I would never make the argument that I had a choice. I just am not attracted to men, so I physically could never be a homosexual.

If you think being a homosexual is a choice, then you are at least Bi-sexual or Bi-curious. There is no way around it.

Old 10-15-2009, 11:54 PM

227 posts, read 535,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
The most pathetic aspect of this unadulterated trash heap of a post is that a sizable percentage of readers will take seriously something this utterly foolish and false simply because it conforms to their programming. Pro-gay, good. Anti-gay, bad. The PC police have allowed them no other thoughts.

SB 572 Senate Bill - CHAPTERED

Those who care to read it for themselves and think for themselves can make their own decision about whether there is anything in the bill that " implies that Milk is being honored because he is gay." They can also make their own decision about whether it compels the teaching and acceptance of homosexuality in the public schools.
You're correct, the only reference was to him being one of the first openly gay man to push the homosexual agenda by means of politics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill SB 572
Harvey Milk's life and political career embody the rise of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT)civil rights movement in California, across the nation, andthroughout the world. Harvey Milk Lesbian/Gay/Bisexual/Transgender Democratic Club in SanFrancisco.
Then to further legitimize it, they shoved it and sandwiched in between several understandly respectable days of recognition of Veterans, Teachers, Naturalist John Muir and a botanical native, the California Poppy. Nice slithering political move on this one and obvious that the day will teach homosexual agenda and the shoving of it down others throats because as stated by the bill, that's what the man's life was all about. Repeat, nice slick slithery move on their part, shows some clever slick thinking to bury the damn thing can work miracles.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:03 AM

I could'nt agree more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon
Because he, his life and his death were a local issue without statewide appeal or impact. Lots of brave and courageous Californian who knowingly put their lives at risk by virtue of their chosen occupations die in the line of duty where they work and serve. Think: police, fire fighters, soldiers. They don't have a specific day set aside to honor them by name. Neither should Harvey Milk.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:13 AM

I can just see a Straight Day coming our way, applauding and holding up on high the major contributions of Ron Jeremy.

Old 10-16-2009, 01:21 AM

1,052 posts, read 1,648,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBurgBK View Post
I love the people that think homosexuality is a choice. They chose to be heterosexual (because of the heterosexual agenda that was shoved down their throat?). Heterosexuality was not natural for them, due to them having to make a decision on their sexual orientation.

You really do have to question the sexuality of people who say homosexuality is a choice, because obviously they are speaking from experience. Their experience is all that they can really know for sure.

Being heterosexual was never a choice for me, so I would never make the argument that I had a choice. I just am not attracted to men, so I physically could never be a homosexual.

If you think being a homosexual is a choice, then you are at least Bi-sexual or Bi-curious. There is no way around it.
I think those people who think homosexuality is a choice is because they've met people who actually chose to be gay (that, and ignorance of course).

But as a whole, homosexuality is definitely not a choice. It's a choice for gays to accept that they are gay. It's not a choice that they chose to be gay

I mean, do straight people really think that a gay person would willingly choose a path that would lead to isolation by their loved ones and community if they actually had a choice? Do they really think that gay people enjoy getting harassed for something they had no control over? Really now, common sense, people

Old 10-16-2009, 06:05 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Another crack in the moral breakdown of society. To compare this with Abraham Lincoln or Martin Luther King? I mean really, you can't be serious. Where will it end? Forcing this immoral agenda down our throats will only make it more bitter.

Old 10-16-2009, 06:11 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,785,898 times
California really has become a Kingdom of Perverts. Like all who rule they seek to reinforce their position and consolidate their gains. Instilling Homosexuality into future generations by what ever means available is simply the next logical step in the Homosexual agenda, not surprising at all really...this has been...a long time coming....(ahem)
The School system, the Public School System is now forced to abide by the rules laid down by the Homosexuals and the extremists on the far left. In the spirit of the notion that "everything is political" everything will become a political tool...a political battleground to further the agenda of the particular victor. The liberals, their pro-homosexual, pro-illegal immigrant, soft-on-crime agenda is being advanced in every possible venue because they are the victors....they've won the battle. Easily impressionable children will be inculcated and indoctrinated at progressively earlier ages to "discover" their "gayness" or there "tolerance" for what is patently intolerable and parents will be totally powerless to stop it. Home schooling will be illegal....charter schools will be illegal....church schools illegal...etc. I've got to give the Homosexual and the liberal minions credit. They have very successfully wormed their way into the core of power and now wield it to everyone else's detriment. Normal American society has been so cowed so weakened that those who resist are easily branded as simple minded malcontents and reactionaries...
The left has won.....because we let them.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates