Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 05:23 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,327,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Well, the way the whole OP is worded.........uh, it sounds like someone wants to hear what is already repeated over and over and over and over and over again. You see, if I was to chime in about what I feel is factually correct with reference to crime and race........well, my post would not stay up very long.

So, have at it............I will just watch from the sidelines and avoid getting suspended.
Your way to late...common sense has already prevailed...

Crime has nothing to do with 'race'...it has to do with condition...irregardless of 'race'....

If not so, there would be no Russian mob, or Southern Italian mob problem...

People who try to tie, or connect crime with genetics, are just very intellectually lazy or dishonest...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2011, 06:00 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Your way to late...common sense has already prevailed...

Crime has nothing to do with 'race'...it has to do with condition...irregardless of 'race'....

If not so, there would be no Russian mob, or Southern Italian mob problem...

People who try to tie, or connect crime with genetics, are just very intellectually lazy or dishonest...
I've been away from city-data for a while. In that time, the Wisconsin State Fair incident and the riots in the UK have happened.

People who often argue that genetics is the cause for criminality would have a counter argument waiting. Anyone who would try to say that Blacks are "genetically predisposed" to committing crime would also have to say that nothing can be done when it comes to Blacks committing crimes. Actually, this was in the book about the Bell Curve. Some of those persons are often the same people who argue that people should take "individual responsibility". It can't be both ways. It's either individual choice or genetics. I say it's individual responsibility, or lack of it that is a large part of why people of any race or ethnicity commit crimes.

Old 08-11-2011, 10:57 AM

3,359 posts, read 7,327,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I've been away from city-data for a while. In that time, the Wisconsin State Fair incident and the riots in the UK have happened.

People who often argue that genetics is the cause for criminality would have a counter argument waiting. Anyone who would try to say that Blacks are "genetically predisposed" to committing crime would also have to say that nothing can be done when it comes to Blacks committing crimes. Actually, this was in the book about the Bell Curve. Some of those persons are often the same people who argue that people should take "individual responsibility". It can't be both ways. It's either individual choice or genetics. I say it's individual responsibility, or lack of it that is a large part of why people of any race or ethnicity commit crimes.
I totally agree...

If genetics were behind crime...than what type of genetics did Hitler and the Nazis have?

And why aren't I in jail?

Why haven't I ever commited a crime if it's 'automatic'?

And what side of my genetics would commit the crime...my indian side or my african American side?

People who make those types of arguements are...well 'dense'...
What kind of genetics did Al Capone have? or Jessie James the train robber? or Billy the Kid?

Or computer hackers who spread malicious spy ware and viruses?

People who make those kind of assertions have very select filtered reality lense in their brain...later...

Old 08-11-2011, 05:37 PM

Quote:
I totally agree...

If genetics were behind crime...than what type of genetics did Hitler and the Nazis have?

And what side of my genetics would commit the crime...my indian side or my african American side?

What kind of genetics did Al Capone have? or Jessie James the train robber? or Billy the Kid?

People who make those kind of assertions have very select filtered reality lense in their brain...later...
People look for many reasons to "justify" not wanting Black people around. Many people look for reasons to say that Blacks are somehow "inferior". People look for all kinds of excuses.

Old 08-11-2011, 06:46 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,888,979 times
Quote:
I totally agree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
People look for many reasons to "justify" not wanting Black people around. Many people look for reasons to say that Blacks are somehow "inferior". People look for all kinds of excuses.
You guys are obviously right. However, too much time and focus is always spent on criticizing irrelevant idiots, and not enough time is spent on actual solutions to these problems. This is very common in on this website.

These people are irrelevant, so why keep the conversation focused on them?

Old 09-27-2011, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom123 View Post
You guys are obviously right. However, too much time and focus is always spent on criticizing irrelevant idiots, and not enough time is spent on actual solutions to these problems. This is very common in on this website.

These people are irrelevant, so why keep the conversation focused on them?
In some cases people like me spend time trying to prove other wrong. I have learned throughout history that sometimes when people think in terms of eugenics and other stuff of that manner, bad things happen. When I mean bad, I mean Hitler bad.

It also didn't help that this past summer, there have been many of these violent "flash mobs", which has basically given fuel to haters out there. I happened to pass by a blog called "Stuff Black People Don't Like", which happened by accident. I found less than savory things on there. It is mainly stuff that would never be allowed on city-data, but I would imagine some people might think in such a manner.

Old 09-30-2011, 12:27 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,555,033 times
Historically, whenever those of European descent came in contact with other population groups, bad things would happend--really bad things like... The removal and killing of Native Americans, the transatlantic slave trade and dehumanization of people of African descent, The Nazis exterminating the Jewish people, and on and on. Even after all of these profound crimes, those of European descent are considered to be the safest, law abiding citizens on the face of the earth. How ironic is that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates